PDA

View Full Version : Jesus IS real..

Blinger1
07-12-2006, 12:20 PM
There is proof that Jesus is real. Someone discovered the gospel of Judas a while back and yeah.

Judas Iscariot's reputation as one of the most notorious villains in history has been thrown into doubt with the translation of an ancient text. The Gospel of Judas, a papyrus document from the 3rd or 4th Century AD, casts the fallen disciple as a benevolent figure, helping Jesus to save mankind.
The early Christian Church denounced such teachings as heretical.
The 31-page fragile document, alleged to be a copy of an even older text, was discovered in Egypt in the 1970s.
The National Geographic Society in the US published the first translation of the text from Coptic to English on Thursday, and showed some of the papyrus pages for the first time.
Breakaway sect
For 2,000 years, Christianity has portrayed Judas as the treacherous apostle who betrayed his divine master with a kiss, leading to his capture and crucifixion.
According to the Bible, Judas received 30 pieces of silver for the act, but died soon afterwards.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41529000/jpg/_41529808_maryevans203body.jpg Should Christians be respecting Judas?

However, the Gospel of Judas identifies him as Christ's favourite disciple and depicts his betrayal as the fulfilment of a divine mission to enable the crucifixion - and thus the foundation of Christianity - to take place.
The text quotes Jesus as saying to Judas: "You will exceed all of them [the other disciples] for you will sacrifice the man who clothes me."
In a statement, the National Geographic Society said that this indicated that Judas, by helping Jesus get rid of his physical flesh, would help liberate the true spiritual self or divine being within.
This view is similar to that held by Christian Gnostics - 2nd Century AD Christians who became rivals to the early Church.
They thought that Judas was the most enlightened of the apostles, acting in order that mankind might be redeemed by the death of Christ.
As such they regarded him as deserving gratitude and reverence.
'Vigorous debate'
Gnostic writers are believed to have set down their contrasting account of Judas' role in Greek in about 150AD, and some believe that this manuscript may be a copy of that.
Records show that the leaders of the early Christian Church denounced that version as heretical in about 180AD.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41529000/jpg/_41529660_bbc203bodypiero.jpg Gnostics believe Judas helped Jesus save mankind

Rev Donald Senior, president of the Catholic Theological Union of Chicago told the Associated Press news agency that he thought it was unlikely that the text would rival the New Testament.
But "let a vigorous debate on the significance of this fascinating ancient text begin," he added.
The Gospel of Judas was found near Beni Masar in Egypt.
In 2000, the Maecenas Foundation for Ancient Art in Basel Switzerland took possession of the document and translation began soon afterwards.
National Geographic struck a publication deal with the foundation last year, thought to have cost $1m (£570,000).
Along with a magazine article, the society is publishing two books on the Gospel of Judas, and the National Geographic TV channel will be running a special two-hour documentary on the manuscript on Sunday 9 April.

THANKS http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4882420.stm

Liriel
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Nothing is ever 'real' in the bible.

Uwe
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I believe there was a guy named Jesus but not a guy that can heal people by touching them...

J1MI
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes its a well known fact that there was a man called Jesus around the time of pontius pilot as stated in his diary, this does not mean he was the "son of God". (i quote that simply because i don't believe there is a God so how can there be a son of God.)

benjamin
07-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Yes its a well known fact that there was a man called Jesus around the time of pontius pilot as stated in his diary, this does not mean he was the "son of God". (i quote that simply because i don't believe there is a God so how can there be a son of God.)
i agree with jimi

summer
07-12-2006, 03:49 PM
i think that around 2000 years ago a guy named jesus christ either wrote a lot of lies in a book, or did some 'magic' to fool people into thinking he was the son of god. his stories got passed on, written down, then worshipped by gullible believers.

alexxxxx
07-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Jesus was real. No doubt about it. But if he was really from God is another thing.

letisix
07-12-2006, 04:02 PM
This is about Relign But not that Meny people Think He's alive.. I don't Personally Since I have no faith .

uh huh her
07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
i think that around 2000 years ago a guy named jesus christ either wrote a lot of lies in a book, or did some 'magic' to fool people into thinking he was the son of god. his stories got passed on, written down, then worshipped by gullible believers.
^^
also mary could of been unfaithful to joseph, got pregnant, & to cover up the fact that she was (if a woman was unfaithful she would of been stoned to death), she said that god had sent an angel down & told her she would carry his son. in those days people were very religious & wouldn't question gods actions. therefore nothing was said, so people believed that jesus was the son of god.
or the bible was a fictional book, just like the lord of the rings. but told in chapters by 'diciples'. then people believed it over time, & it became the christian holy book.

FlyingJesus
07-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I believe in the existence of Jesus as a person, not necessarily as a divine being. This "gospel of Judas" does actually make quite a lot of sense from that short extract - not the part about Jesus' miracles and such, but the fact that Judas would in fact be an important and great figure, as he allowed for the prophecy to be fulfilled (if the events noted in the Bible did happen).

Dan2nd
07-12-2006, 05:17 PM

Why would Jesus go through all he pain he went through over a lie? surely he would have pleaded his case and told the truth before they put him on that cross

^^
also mary could of been unfaithful to joseph, got pregnant, & to cover up the fact that she was (if a woman was unfaithful she would of been stoned to death), she said that god had sent an angel down & told her she would carry his son. in those days people were very religious & wouldn't question gods actions. therefore nothing was said, so people believed that jesus was the son of god.
or the bible was a fictional book, just like the lord of the rings. but told in chapters by 'diciples'. then people believed it over time, & it became the christian holy book.

heres your answer

Joseph wondered whether she may have been unfaithful during those three months in the hill country with Elizabeth. He was sure that she had not been, yet the conflict raged on in his soul, and probably the normal thing to do would have been to expose her and make her a public disgrace. And Joseph considered doing that very thing, but his love and his compassion for Mary would not permit that kind of severe treatment. Matthew 1:19-20 says that Joseph was a righteous man, and while he was pondering what he ought to do, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, and explained how Mary's being with child came about.

Joseph could have been very cruel toward Mary. He could have stoned her, or divorced her--but he was a man of compassion and kindness--and he did not take those actions. If Mary had been espoused to a cruel, passionate man, she would have died in disgrace

and finally I don't think this prooves jesus's existance any more than the bible does I am a religous guy so i feel you don't need proof to know of his existance just faith and he will be with you through life

Rimikari
07-12-2006, 05:25 PM
gtfo pl0x

Canariez
07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
He was a magician and a early docter.

SIMPLE.

Dan2nd
07-12-2006, 05:28 PM

SIMPLE.

so if I went to my local GP with a broken arm he would fix it just like that?:rolleyes:

FlyingJesus
07-12-2006, 05:28 PM

SIMPLE.

Yeah because doctors of the ancient world were so good at raising the dead and curing paralysis and blindness.

I don't believe in Jesus as being a miracle maker but that post did make me laugh.

summer
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Why would Jesus go through all he pain he went through over a lie? surely he would have pleaded his case and told the truth before they put him on that cross

how do you know the cross thing is true?

he could of just told people he was reborn, and he died on a cross.

Dan2nd
07-12-2006, 06:27 PM
how do you know the cross thing is true?

he could of just told people he was reborn, and he died on a cross.

many people witnessed his death on the cross and put his corpse in a cave

Tiuhdur
07-12-2006, 07:06 PM
;2641945']Jesus was real. No doubt about it. But if he was really from God is another thing.
exactly lol

Starburst..x
07-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah a man called Jesus is real, but the whole thing about God i'm not sure about.

cocaine
07-12-2006, 07:24 PM

SIMPLE.

Yeah and all doctors in that time could raise the dead.

Mentor
07-12-2006, 08:40 PM
There is proof that Jesus is real. Someone discovered the gospel of Judas a while back and yeah.

THANKS http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4882420.stm

They have discovered quite a few, although how exsactly does this help? It has no more validty in terms of proof than any of the other testiments that comprise the new testiment, and offers no new proof, just more information on what the bible was orignaly ment to say

RedStratocas
07-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Not many people doubt he was real, but him being the son of god is something else. There are many documents that contradict eachother, all this proves is that there is something false in the bible (suprise!)

FlyingJesus
07-12-2006, 09:27 PM
did u no dat noah killd da dinosurs cos e dint wnt dem 2 mes up is boat

Mentor
07-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Not many people doubt he was real, but him being the son of god is something else. There are many documents that contradict eachother, all this proves is that there is something false in the bible (suprise!)

Jesus was a common name, it still is now in some places, becuse people called jesus existed doesnt meany any were the jesus described in the bible "/

FlyingJesus
07-12-2006, 09:42 PM
What I believe he means is that there is solid proof that someone of the name Jesus and born in Galilee was crucified around that time. However, as you said, Jesus is a pretty common name.

Herman
08-12-2006, 01:51 AM
I believe he is real, but not as the son of God. After all I am muslim, and Jesus is simply a prophet in my religion.

MrChaz
08-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I personally dont beleive in him... its kind of impossible. Just go for a long walk and think about it, you will see how much of a fool you are.

If God or Jesus are real, let them smite me now...

*Waits*

Exactly...

-Chaz

Blinger1
08-12-2006, 11:11 AM
you can say "god damn it" "jesus [f'ing] christ" as much as you want but when you dont make it to heaven ill be laughing at you and when you have to **** the dust of the devils plumbers crack ;)

Canariez
08-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah because doctors of the ancient world were so good at raising the dead and curing paralysis and blindness.

I don't believe in Jesus as being a miracle maker but that post did make me laugh.

There is proof he healed people with minor injuries.

I dont see any proof apart from properganda that a man called jesus healed uncureable diseases, or rose people from the dead LOL

And to be honest, if there was proof - there wouldnt be no arguement over whether christianity exsistied. 8-)

And by the way, docters of the "ancient world" may have been "so good!" because - people of the ancient world were able to make prymids, and we today cannot do it and thats WITH machines. So.. what else could they do that we have forgotten?? xD

A4AOwen
08-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I believe in God and what the bible says.

The old geezer
08-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Jesus was real and he was the son of God

Dan2nd
08-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I personally dont beleive in him... its kind of impossible. Just go for a long walk and think about it, you will see how much of a fool you are.
If God or Jesus are real, let them smite me now...

*Waits*

Exactly...

-Chaz

I actually normally respect other peoples views wheather (sp?) they have a religion or not. But how dare you call me fool I know it wasn't directed at me personally but calling anyone who sees christ as a real thing a fool isn't right.
is a fool someone who has a faith? is a fool someone who hopes their family and friends who have passed away are in some better place? if that sir is true then I must be a fool. and God wouldn't smite you as he loves everyone and everything is the world.

YoManGo!
08-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Everyone knows Jesus was real, and did live. The argument is about who he was.

When you have something new and exciting come back and tell us,

Mentor
08-12-2006, 09:35 PM
and God wouldn't smite you as he loves everyone and everything is the world.
Yet hed let you burn in hell for all eternity suffering infinate amounts of aganisteing pain, suffering?

Wow that doesnt contradict itself at all does it....

Dan2nd
08-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Yet hed let you burn in hell for all eternity suffering infinate amounts of aganisteing pain, suffering?

thats after life though =l he gives you all of your life to except his existance if you don't you do go to hell but he still loves you even if your in hell or so many people have said

MrChaz
08-12-2006, 11:45 PM

Lol, oh so true.

+Rep for that.

-Wolverine
08-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I believe in God and what the bible says.
Yeah, me too. Anyone can believe what they want, and try and change my opinion by saying 'God doesn't exist, your an idiot for believing that he does.' blah blah blah.

I'll just believe what I want..

Janeisntpleased
09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
yeah. it's a known fact that there was a man named jesus at that time, it's just not known if he was actually the Son of God etc.

OmgAMark
11-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I think nobody has enough proof to argue either side of the story. So shutup everyone.

Dan2nd
11-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I think nobody has enough proof to argue either side of the story. So shutup everyone.

If you have faith you don't need proof

alexxxxx
11-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Jesus was alive, as he features in TWO religions. Who he was is something up for debate.

And Entor, I doubt that God would seriously send anybody but seriously corrupt people (Hitler, Mass Murderers). He wouldn't send you to hell for not worshiping him or swearing every now and again.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!