PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii Any Good thinking of getting O.o

Snape
07-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Hello guys i have all consoles released and playing my xbox 360 atm ( COD3 last 2 missions will finish tomorrow ^^) I was thinking of getting with christmas money and would like to know is or does it look as good as it sounds? On the advert it looks prettie amazing, but is it actually as good as they say in r/l. My friend said that he thinkins i shoukd get a itoy for PS2 be same but not as nice graphics :/ Lol just want your feedback ty x

Homesrfan
07-12-2006, 11:58 PM
No, the Eyetoy is not the same.

I've played the Wii, and it's great. I don't actually have the system, but I played it at Gamecrazy and they had Wiisports in. It's really responsive and intuitive. You can hit the ball many different ways in Tennis.

I think the Wii really comes down to how well the game is made. The Wii is awesome and worth it for $250, IMO the most fun console out there. But, if you're really not a real big fan of the wii and you think it looks fun, then you may want to wait and get it when better games come out. There will surely be some great FPSs and Super Smash Brothers: Brawl is going to be amazing. Super Mario Galaxy, Sadness, Metroid Prime, and many other games will some of the best games. It won't be until 2007 before we start to see the Wii's real potential. [Online comes in 2007 too]

Dan
08-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Id say it was definately worth will get alot of fun out of it for a start and plenty of good games too :D

Simmzay
08-12-2006, 09:39 AM
I got myself a Wii yesterday. It's definitely cool, but is there a lack of games? I got Zelda and Red Steel. But what else is there to get? I hope some better stuff gets released.

Pro Greco
08-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Its only just came out so there will be more games released soon i'm guessing

:LeKevin:
08-12-2006, 10:52 AM
I got mine earlier, it's amazing! Well worth 179.99£!! :P

Simmzay
08-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah.. they better make games to suit the controller. Zelda has some great mechanics.. but Smash Bros will be so cool.

Snape
08-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your responses guys ill wait a lil bit and see some reviews =)

Djcafc.
08-12-2006, 02:11 PM
yer im thinking of getting one

From First To Last
09-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Get farcry vengance on wii.

Naythi.
09-12-2006, 07:49 AM
In my catalouge
Littlewoods catalouge , i ordered one for £220 With zelda
There are only 12 games for it ????
Most of them look Rubbish (cr@p)

timROGERS
09-12-2006, 10:38 AM
By the way person above, you got ripped off a bit :P Yeah, I recommend it - I have one, and I love it :D

Demynx
09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
If you buy it I recommend you buy

Excite Truck
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Marvel Nemesis: Ultimate Alliance
Need for Speed: Carbon
Call of Duty 3
Truama Center: Second Opinion
Rayman: Raving Rabbits
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Madden NFL: 07

Josh-H
09-12-2006, 07:07 PM
If you buy it I recommend you buy

Excite Truck
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Marvel Nemesis: Ultimate Alliance
Need for Speed: Carbon
Call of Duty 3
Truama Center: Second Opinion
Rayman: Raving Rabbits
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Madden NFL: 07

Carbon on wii, is poor atbest ;)

Simmzay
09-12-2006, 09:55 PM
What's Super Monkey Ball like? The original on GCN got alotta praise.

Tintinabulation
10-12-2006, 02:42 PM
I always think that the novelty will wear off after a while, and you can't really play any games that haven't been designed for the wii. I mean, sure, wii sports is fun, but like eyetoy - it'll get boring.

Simmzay
10-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Actually, you're wrong on that. The controller isn't a novelty, it conforms quite well with various gaming genres. It's not about Wii-sports, it can be used for many motion-based actions, or none. If you base the system on the lastability of one game, and not the potential of the controller in several games ahead, you're judging it incorrectly.

Also: It's not about shortlasted fun with the controllers. It's simply about making previous acts perform more efficiently and productively than they once did.

Josh-H
10-12-2006, 03:54 PM
I always think that the novelty will wear off after a while, and you can't really play any games that haven't been designed for the wii. I mean, sure, wii sports is fun, but like eyetoy - it'll get boring.

Well the controller novelty wearing off was my concern all along.

Jackbee
10-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Will definatly get wii sports and cod3

GommeInc
10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Will definatly get wii sports and cod3
I think it comes with the Wii... It says cannot be sold seperately? It is written on the boxes that it comes with it so yeah :P It's alot of fun Wii Sports, you'll enjoy :) I think you will at least because I think you like sports?

Tintinabulation
10-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Actually, you're wrong on that. The controller isn't a novelty, it conforms quite well with various gaming genres. It's not about Wii-sports, it can be used for many motion-based actions, or none. If you base the system on the lastability of one game, and not the potential of the controller in several games ahead, you're judging it incorrectly.

Also: It's not about shortlasted fun with the controllers. It's simply about making previous acts perform more efficiently and productively than they once did.

I gave wii sports as an example. :]

SimplyTech
10-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Get what i got wii sports, wii play, red steel, twilight princess, and extra remote and nunchuck and 1 gb memory card it came to around £300.
The remote is not a gimmick especially not with red steel, with red steel it took around 15-30 mins to get used to in which period it was horrid afterwards it worked like a dream.

Simmzay
11-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, but what I'm trying to say is the point of the controller is to make previous in-game actions a lot more comfortable and efficient. Take aiming and shooting for example, I could never dream of reverting back to an old console to do it the old way. I just think it exceeds novelty-status altogether.

Blinger1
11-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, but what I'm trying to say is the point of the controller is to make previous in-game actions a lot more comfortable and efficient. Take aiming and shooting for example, I could never dream of reverting back to an old console to do it the old way. I just think it exceeds novelty-status altogether.
he is a nintendoe suck up.

Wiis look pretty good i say get one ;)

Simmzay
11-12-2006, 07:15 AM
I am? DIE.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!