PDA

View Full Version : Animal Abuse

PigsNose
08-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I am going to be talking about animal abuse. Animals can range from rats to bulls, and it won't stop.
Abuse can be caused by an owner not wanting the pet anymore for various reasons and could lock a dog in a small enclosed space and starve it untill the pet dies. This is just one of the hundreds of abuses.
It doesn't just have to be a household pet though. Farm animals are a gruesome issue. Even though they have to be killed, the way they are kept are horrific. Chickens beaks are cut off using a hot object and they are fattened so much their body's can't cope and chickens can't walk or have disabilities.
Pigs are kept in small cages and the first time the pigs will breathe fresh air is on the lorry to the slaughter house. The piglets ears mutelated, tail cut off and ends of the teeth chopped off without painkillers. Lame pigs will be beaten with a metal rod for they are not good meat.
Cows/bulls have their horns chopped off without painkillers and nearly all their life they are kept in a small cage with barely any space to move. In the slaughter house, bulls are hung upside down and put through horrific torment. Most cows and bulls are unable to walk by the time they reach the slaughter house but they are killed anyway for food.
Hens which are kept in cages are unable to spread ONE wing in all their life because they are kept with other chickens and are unable to move. Many hens have broken bones or have died of starvation before going to the slaughter house.
And this is only farm animals being killed for meat in, for example KFC or McDonalds food.
Links on animal cruelty:
http://www.kfccruelty.com
http://www.meat.org/
http://www.goveg.com/f-hiddenliveschickens.asp
!Warning! The video's you watch on these are depressing and guesome. I recommend not to watch them if you are squeamish.
As I said, this is only farm animals. But you can help save animals like these being tortured. Just browse at the websites to see how.
Just think before you walk into KFC and think about what is in the chicken nuggets or in the burgers.
Just think.

Caution
08-12-2006, 09:57 PM
This seriously annoys me.
It's so sad and it should STOP:(

PigsNose
08-12-2006, 10:02 PM
I know.
Depressing isn't it?
How would THEY feel?

Caution
08-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I know.
Depressing isn't it?
How would THEY feel?
Excactly!
It's just WRONG
Those people that are sad enough to do things like that should be dealt with.:(

PigsNose
08-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Is it a law or something? If it isn't... well that is stupid. Poor animals getting slaughtered for NO reason!

Caution
08-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah stupid, isn't it?
Animals do nothing wrong and they are forced to have such a terrible life!:(

---MAD---
09-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah but I don't think it will ever be stopped. I think human abuse will need to be stopped before they even think about trying to stop the animal abuse.

The farm thing is done just to make more money out of every animal, its wrong I know but I guess its business.

velvet
09-12-2006, 10:56 AM
As I said, this is only farm animals.

I think you mean factory farms.

Since this doesn't happen on normal farms (Where you would get organic meat from)

Oh and KFC Cruely is made by PETA, and PETA are known for giving false information and most of the 'undercover' videos made by them are acctually done under their consent.

I know quite a bit about things like this as I do a lot of animal rights work and i'm a vegan. And yes I agree those videos are disgusting, but cases like that are VERY rare.

Yggdrasill
09-12-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm against killing animals for clothing, hint hint madonna..

Caution
09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
It's all down to money for them.

pulchritude
09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't like people hurting animals intentionally, I've watched meat.orgs videos and cried.

asher_
09-12-2006, 02:01 PM
right in some cases.

Caution
09-12-2006, 02:57 PM
right in some cases.
:oHow can you agree with it?!

FlyingJesus
09-12-2006, 03:20 PM
:oHow can you agree with it?!

Animals are tasty.

PigsNose
09-12-2006, 03:54 PM
It is true, animals are tasty.
I mean thousands of people eat chicken, including me. But I mean it is places like Mc Donalds and KFC which are horrible. But maybe the tesco's chicken and pork and lamb are all killed the same way.
Yeah I was so depressed after I watched meat.org.
My friend cried aswell x

,Jess,
09-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I don't eat at places like KFC etc because I think the way they kill the animals is brutal it makes me feel sick because obviously they can't speak out.

PigsNose
10-12-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't eat at places like KFC etc because I think the way they kill the animals is brutal it makes me feel sick because obviously they can't speak out.

You are totally right.
I don't eat in places like KFC or Mc Donalds either.
The carrot sticks in Mc Donalds are actually unhealthy! They dip them into caramel or something.
[Says my friend]

velvet
10-12-2006, 12:33 PM
You are totally right.
The carrot sticks in Mc Donalds are actually unhealthy! They dip them into caramel or something.
[Says my friend]

Mcdonalds kill their animals by gas. That is considered humane, if you read the website it says that.
''Urge KFC to follow the lead of McDonald's and Denny's by utilizing the more humane Controlled Atmosphere Killing for chickens. ''

Zac
10-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I am going to be talking about animal abuse. Animals can range from rats to bulls, and it won't stop.
Abuse can be caused by an owner not wanting the pet anymore for various reasons and could lock a dog in a small enclosed space and starve it untill the pet dies. This is just one of the hundreds of abuses.
It doesn't just have to be a household pet though. Farm animals are a gruesome issue. Even though they have to be killed, the way they are kept are horrific. Chickens beaks are cut off using a hot object and they are fattened so much their body's can't cope and chickens can't walk or have disabilities.
Pigs are kept in small cages and the first time the pigs will breathe fresh air is on the lorry to the slaughter house. The piglets ears mutelated, tail cut off and ends of the teeth chopped off without painkillers. Lame pigs will be beaten with a metal rod for they are not good meat.
Cows/bulls have their horns chopped off without painkillers and nearly all their life they are kept in a small cage with barely any space to move. In the slaughter house, bulls are hung upside down and put through horrific torment. Most cows and bulls are unable to walk by the time they reach the slaughter house but they are killed anyway for food.
Hens which are kept in cages are unable to spread ONE wing in all their life because they are kept with other chickens and are unable to move. Many hens have broken bones or have died of starvation before going to the slaughter house.
And this is only farm animals being killed for meat in, for example KFC or McDonalds food.
Links on animal cruelty:
http://www.kfccruelty.com
http://www.meat.org/
http://www.goveg.com/f-hiddenliveschickens.asp
!Warning! The video's you watch on these are depressing and guesome. I recommend not to watch them if you are squeamish.
As I said, this is only farm animals. But you can help save animals like these being tortured. Just browse at the websites to see how.
Just think before you walk into KFC and think about what is in the chicken nuggets or in the burgers.
Just think.

Amgz, ! thats cruel :[

-Dispute
10-12-2006, 08:10 PM
OMG I am a veggie have been for ages

luke-p
11-12-2006, 12:38 AM
To be honest and I know most of you will be ****** off by this or whatnot but I don't have a problem with any of the way the animals are treated, Yeah It would be better if they killed them more humanely but death is death you cant stop the unstoppable, If one of us just stopped eating meat it wouldn't stop them slaughtering the animals in that way.

The-Great-Dude
11-12-2006, 12:47 AM
I just don't like the way some people play around while they're killing the animals, it's sick.

Herman
11-12-2006, 01:10 AM
I'd say eating meat isn't animal abuse. It's just the food chain, you can't stop it, it's something that occurs naturally.

However, I am against killing animals for other purposes, such as for their fur etc.

Filipe
11-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Im against animal abuse, my mate next door went to kick a cat the other day, but i stopped him.. silly little boy.. people who abuse animals are too coward enough to abuse people. so they pick on small things to make them look bigger.

Fonejacker
11-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes im agianst it my mother hit me when i was little :(

You seen that RSPCA Advert Where that man from Crime watch is talking about that cat that got Kicked and they showed it's x-ray? I kindah Laughed at it, :( Sorry

I would hate it if someone kicked my dog They would have no head lol

Agnostic Bear
11-12-2006, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't mind going vegetarian, It's just a can't, as a kid I was never given veg and as a result, I can't stand the taste of veg, any of it.

I'm very very near being a carnivore.

Poor chickens....

PigsNose
11-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Totally guys,
I mean I am not going to turn vegetarian, but I mean this is life. We will never ever be able to stop this, but I would prefer it if animals were allowed to actually see daylight and never be trapped in cages. And I will never wear fur, but think about it. Thousands wear leather or own leather. There is leather shoes, purses, jewellery boxes, wallets. There is so much made out of leather and I bet you all have something made out of leather that a poor cow has died for. Like I have leather school shoes. But I have to wear them.

Fonejacker
11-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Totally guys,
I mean I am not going to turn vegetarian, but I mean this is life. We will never ever be able to stop this, but I would prefer it if animals were allowed to actually see daylight and never be trapped in cages. And I will never wear fur, but think about it. Thousands wear leather or own leather. There is leather shoes, purses, jewellery boxes, wallets. There is so much made out of leather and I bet you all have something made out of leather that a poor cow has died for. Like I have leather school shoes. But I have to wear them.

Are footballs made out of leather? If so I have been Kicking a cows head around the feild! Yaya! Phil 1-0 Cows, I own u

Luckyrare
11-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Mmmm... Makes me feel a bit sick. I hate KFC so dont have any problems there. The meat I eat comes from our village bucher who owns the life stock he sells, that are in fields in the local area.

It puts me off super market chicken... I would love to be a vegi but I love meat to much and my take aways

PigsNose
11-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Exactly.
I want to be a vegetarian, but meat is too tasty to resist.
If only we knew what meat to go for, like what meat wasn't trapped in cages and tortured all their tiny little lives.

velvet
11-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Thousands wear leather or own leather. There is leather shoes, purses, jewellery boxes, wallets. There is so much made out of leather and I bet you all have something made out of leather that a poor cow has died for. Like I have leather school shoes. But I have to wear them.

I don't personally wear leather as i'm vegan.
But your point doesn't make much sence as leather is a bi-product.

The-Great-Dude
11-12-2006, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't mind going vegetarian, It's just a can't, as a kid I was never given veg and as a result, I can't stand the taste of veg, any of it.

I'm very very near being a carnivore.

Poor chickens....

Going vegetarian won't do anything, there will always be someone wanting meat, so it'll keep getting produced.

Starburst..x
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I hate animal cruelty, it just makes you feel so upset.
Its unfair how animals are treated, especially when they are used for meat. I understand that animals are needed to be killed for food, but I don't agree in the way they are treated before they are killed

pulchritude
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Animals are tasty.

i do like a bit of veal now and then >:}

Herman
12-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Its unfair how animals are treated, especially when they are used for meat. I understand that animals are needed to be killed for food, but I don't agree in the way they are treated before they are killed
That's true, but tbh, either way they are gonna get killed, treated badly or not.

Shadow16
13-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Well i'd like to say:-

Where i stay my next door neighbour has like 8 cats and did have 1 dog but died from neglection.

Anways this is more of neglection rather than abuse but she doesn't care about her cats what so ever. As i said she has 8, 8 of which hardly get feed, get a drink not get kept in the warmth when it's bad weather (espectically in Scotland). She has a cat which has recently vanished and she hasn't even noticed it's missing. I've feared that the cat is dead because it was in a very poor condition. I did call SSPCA once, but they said they couldn't do anything because everytime they went to her house she'd care for them like nothing is going on. I think it's aweful what she does to the poor cats.

Like i said she did have a dog which died early this year due to neglection, not being feed, watered or getting the proper excercise due to the size of dog. I think the SSPCA should just take the animals off her and give them away to a loving caring home. But as i said they can't because ever time there called she cares for them.

Anyways just thought i'd share that since we're discussing the topic of Animal Abuse which i think so STOP, Full STOP!.

Thanks for reading.

PigsNose
13-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Yep, this happens a lot.
Neglection and everything.
It is sad
I mean think about all those poor animals, starving etc.
What I don't get is why the cats don't runaway though,

Middlesbrough
13-12-2006, 07:06 PM
well when someones punished for animal abuse its only like banned from keeping animals for 5 years or something when they can easily just abuse them again it should be a jailable (sp?) offense,its sick, animals are living things to and they deserve the right of a living thing kthx
woops sorry bout size of text never noticed

Kyle.tk
23-12-2006, 12:58 PM
You are totally right.
[Says my friend]

Mcdonalds sent a leaflet around most peoples houses a month or so ago. Animal treatment there is now good. They use animals from a few hundred farms in england and ireland that are nice to the animals :D

I'd say eating meat isn't animal abuse. It's just the food chain, you can't stop it, it's something that occurs naturally.

However, I am against killing animals for other purposes, such as for their fur etc.

I don't like how your saying FoodChain. I understand what you mean, but i don't see eating something bought from KFC, the supermarket or whereever as being food chain because we didn't hunt it. Just my opinion :D

Totally guys,

In all fairness, the cows going to be killed anyway yes? So why waste its skin? Surely if you kill the animal, use its meat for food and skin for leather then your being resourceful?

Djcafc.
24-12-2006, 12:40 PM
think about it how would the owners like it if they had owners which locked them in a small space to starve to death or who fattned them so much that they could not walk or move

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!