PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Problems :(

Tekn
09-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok, so i've just got my DS out after a few month abscence - it's been in a leather case.

I got it out and the top screen is cracked.

I've searched through Nintendo's website and they put this:

Screen appears cracked (runny colors, blotchy screen)
If runny colors or blotchy colors permanently remain on the screen, even when the Nintendo DS is OFF, then the liquid crystal display (LCD) is cracked. In this situation, your system will need to be repaired. Nintendo's warranty does not cover physical damage (such as a cracked screen on a handheld unit). If your Nintendo DS needs repair or replacement due to physical damage, and is within the warranty period, please call our Consumer Service department at 1-800-255-3700 to discuss available repair options.

That's crap imo.

What should I do - I don't really want to fork out £70 to repair or replace my DS...

HUGECOOL
09-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Usually when there is a hardware-related issue, the user is most likely the one who caused the damage. (I'm not saying you damaged your own DS, but there aren't many options available. Unless somehow the LCD magically became broken out of nowhere- while being kept in a leather case AND being protected by the shell of the DS, so your situation doesn't look too bright.) It's standard for companies not to replace your 'user-damaged' unit after their initial warranty begins because it's just not convenient for them.

Tekn
09-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I hardly ever used my DS - it's been in the leather case.

Which is why I don't understand why the LCD has cracked.

PaulMacC
09-12-2006, 11:21 PM
You need handhelds for bored moments like this I have a PSP but a load of crap games. Smackdown V Raw 06 and Starwars Battlefront .

Tekn
09-12-2006, 11:22 PM
You need handhelds for bored moments like this I have a PSP but a load of crap games. Smackdown V Raw 06 and Starwars Battlefront .
Right... ok...

that didn't answer my question :P

My friend lent me a game so I thought i'd give it a go.

Dan
10-12-2006, 12:15 AM
thats strange.. mebe it got dropepd or something :( looks like youre gonna have to repair it or get a new one or simply go without :[

Neversoft
10-12-2006, 12:17 AM
There isnt much you can do to be honest. Get it repaired or buy a new one, or as -legoman- said, go without. You said that you didn't play with it much.

summer
10-12-2006, 08:56 AM
there's no point paying £70 for a repair, you might as well get a brand new DS Lite. but if you never play it, and don't plan to, then there's no point.

Tekn
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
there's no point paying £70 for a repair, you might as well get a brand new DS Lite. but if you never play it, and don't plan to, then there's no point.
true, i'm going to phone them up and get a quote on some repairs and i'm not shedding out £80 for repairs.

i was going to use it as a media centre aswell, and play some gba games - which you can do with just one screen anywho.

thanks everyone :)

Sonny!
10-12-2006, 01:20 PM
you should of got it insured ( but not really worth it)
Or you should just by another console (e.g Psp ect.)

H.A.S.A
10-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Ive Got A Ds Lite but i got it from argos and the screen is glass so it cant break well only the black ones cant.if u gt it frm game or gamestation thay do a 30 day garentee so if u had it for less that 30 days take it back for refund

HUGECOOL
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Ive Got A Ds Lite but i got it from argos and the screen is glass so it cant break well only the black ones cant.if u gt it frm game or gamestation thay do a 30 day garentee so if u had it for less that 30 days take it back for refund
No it isn't. "/ It's plastic. Plastic displays still break.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!