PDA

View Full Version : Great Flash Pre-loader tutorial I just put on stacking.co.nr

BL!NKEY
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah this tutorial was really helpful and easy to follow if you want to put a pre loader before a flash movie.

Click on basic flash preloader on left (http://gotoandlearn.com/)

And can some people test out http://www.Stacking.co.nr

and tell me if the pre loader works.

It should take a really long time just because there are so many movies but tell me if it works in the end? Like if after 100 it goes to the main page?

Luckyrare
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Holy crap, takes to long. There a ways of playing movies without having them in the main file.

Seems to work but I cba to wait while it loads. Why not look into playing them without having them in the main file, I am pretty sure theres a flash format for video where you can embed it without having it in the main file

BL!NKEY
12-12-2006, 10:08 PM
hmm so you are saying like when you click on the video it loads?

But then everytime you want to watch a video you have to waite because it will take longer to load then it does to watch all the videos.

I guess it would be better in some instances.

But people can always be loading up my site in the background as they are on habbo or habbox then go back to it and everything works.

If someone needs instant access to a video, they are on habbox in a little worse quality. But you dont have to waite.

But if you know any other way that I am missing please tell me. I am just learning flash and dont know everything.

Luckyrare
12-12-2006, 10:14 PM
hmm so you are saying like when you click on the video it loads?

But then everytime you want to watch a video you have to waite because it will take longer to load then it does to watch all the videos.

I guess it would be better in some instances.

But people can always be loading up my site in the background as they are on habbo or habbox then go back to it and everything works.

If someone needs instant access to a video, they are on habbox in a little worse quality. But you dont have to waite.

But if you know any other way that I am missing please tell me. I am just learning flash and dont know everything.

OK but I would get bored after waiting 2-5 minutes while it loads...
Also "waite" needs to be "wait"

SimplyTech
12-12-2006, 10:24 PM
the black bg doesnt go with the red and too slow i agree with loading the videos seperatly just upload them seperatly and link em

hybride
12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
1%...

2%...

3%...

You need a server with 10000000000000GB RAM or you need to split up your movie files

EDIT: It's been 10 minutes... I'm on 19%.
I give up :P

BL!NKEY
12-12-2006, 10:51 PM
it is not so much that the server is slow, it is that the file is

66 mb

When people say to load the videos seperatly does that mean like load them when you click on a movie?

Because they dont load as fast as it plays.

Also I know it does take forever but most people are in the internet for hours and they can just leave it loading for 30 min or so.

IF you want to see it instantly with worse quality you can watch it on habbox.

ANd thanks for the "waite" thing

EDIT: It's been 10 minutes... I'm on 19%.
I give up :P

dont sit and watch it. Go on habbox and come back to it later.

Luckyrare
13-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Mmmm... Have a player on it that loads the files via RSS

omgDAN!
13-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Loads pretty quickly for me.

SimplyTech
13-12-2006, 07:10 PM
4 mins for 100%
It may load slowly sepratly but more people are likely to visit your site

Kymux
13-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah, and gotoandlearn.com youst to have a cool intro, they scrapped it :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!