PDA

View Full Version : How .CO.NR is NOT a domain.

ScottDiamond
12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
OK, many people have been tricked into the belief that .co.nr is a domain. Well, it's not. And I will explain how .CO.NR is not a real domain. Let's begin. :)

I'll mark this in sections for you to follow easier.

* Republic of Nauru is a country if you never knew, so is Canada. So, Nauru - not known by many - has .nr as their domain registery. Canada has .ca, as you will know from the Canadian Hotel. Now, this Company has bought a domain from the Nauru Registery, and named it 'co' thinking people will think it's like .co.uk when it's not.

* I gathered this from looking at www.domaintools.com/whois/ (http://www.domaintools.com/whois/). I also typed www.co.nr (http://www.co.nr) into my Address bar, and strangly found a redirect to www.freedomain.co.nr (http://www.freedomain.co.nr). Now, let me look into how this company has "Broke the law".

* The Company/Person who bought "Co" from the NR Registery used to have staff "Verify" the domain name. The Staff didn't JUST verify it, they actually created the Sub-Domain. Now they have added a filter to their sign-up form. Their sign-up form creats a sub-domain and cloaks your website. So, it has really broke the law.

* OK, we've learnt how it's not a domain. But, how has this company Broke The Law? Let's have a look at this:

http://www.freedomain.co.nr/images/bars/anima.gif

and this:

http://www.freedomain.co.nr/images/conr.swf

Both, telling lies. They "FORCE" you to add the top banner onto your website. Well, it's false, and you cannot force a person to add false information onto a website as it's a criminal act.

Well, I don't add false information to my Website, and I have a .co.nr domain. I've not seen them do anything about it. So, let me see how long it takes for them to find out. :)

Good bye! :)

For more information, leave a post. :p

Also: Note that it's chucking it outside with hailstones and I can't be bothered doing anything else, so I decided to help people out with domain names. :) I'm not a "geek". :p

Edited by Bomb-head (Forum Moderator): Thread closed to prevent further arguments.

:Blobbed
12-12-2006, 06:49 PM
So if I didnt force people to add a banner to there site I could use co.md or somthing?

omgDAN!
12-12-2006, 06:56 PM
It clearly states all over their site it isn't a domain.

Anyone who can read and half a brain cell can tell it isn't a real domain.

hybride
12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow... really?

Who gives a crap!

Lycan
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
when you sign up for it, you agree to no and acept all that, so it hasn't broken the law.

ScottDiamond
12-12-2006, 07:48 PM
It clearly states all over their site it isn't a domain.

Anyone who can read and half a brain cell can tell it isn't a real domain.

It also clearly says all over their site that it is a domain, which it isn't.

Wow... really?

Who gives a crap!

Ya rly, not many i got bored.

when you sign up for it, you agree to no and acept all that, so it hasn't broken the law.

Agree to know and accept all what?

So if I didnt force people to add a banner to there site I could use co.md or somthing?

Yus, I was thinking of making .co.us :p

ScottDiamond
12-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Please delete, I double posted by clicking reply twice.

Drompo
12-12-2006, 08:02 PM
The thing i feel is funny is you wrote all that proving it isn't a domain and then said

and I have a .co.nr domain.

DiscoPat
12-12-2006, 08:24 PM
The thing i feel is funny is you wrote all that proving it isn't a domain and then said

lol...

Edited by Reformed (Forum Moderator) - Please don't post pointlessly, Thanks :)

nets
12-12-2006, 08:25 PM
The only crime committed in here, is the crime of your stupidity.

Welcome to CO.NR : Free Domain Name aka Free Subdomain Service

Free Subdomain of .CO.NR

Should you have any questions about CO.NR web site, free .CO.NR 3rd level domain names, free subdomains or shortest URL's, please don't hesitate to Contact us.

Edited by Reformed (Forum Moderator) - Please do not be rude towards other members, Thanks :)

CHTom
12-12-2006, 08:36 PM
It hasnt broken any laws.

they have terms and conditions which clearly state everything.
Stop being so overdramatic.

Jackbee
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
wot bout .co.uk?

omgDAN!
12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
wot bout .co.uk?

That's fine. Because you can't get yourdomain.uk.

ScottDiamond
12-12-2006, 09:14 PM

Lmao, I never noticed that :P

ScottDiamond
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
It hasnt broken any laws.

they have terms and conditions which clearly state everything.
Stop being so overdramatic.

It's broke laws of advertising for a *FREE DOMAIN*, which clearly it isn't. You may notice in real life that if a company advertise free boxes of chocolates (about the same price as a .co.uk / .com domain for one year) and only gave you the wrapper, they would be charged.

AdamRose
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
It's broke laws of advertising for a *FREE DOMAIN*, which clearly it isn't. You may notice in real life that if a company advertise free boxes of chocolates (about the same price as a .co.uk / .com domain for one year) and only gave you the wrapper, they would be charged.
do you have to pay? no
is it free? yes.

nets
12-12-2006, 09:18 PM
You have a real habit for overlooking things, did you not read my post?

http://habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=2711959&postcount=10

alexxxxx
12-12-2006, 09:46 PM

Well it is a domain, but a 3rd-level one. So what *******? They haven't broken the law, and who would charge them? Nobody has lost out on anything here have they?

Please, don't be clever.

ScottDiamond
13-12-2006, 05:05 PM
OK, since this thread has attratched immature children, I'm going to request it to be locked. You might want to understand I was telling people the difference between a Domain. Unfortunatly, we have immature people who have to take it upon themselves to act innapropriatly.

I'm not going to hide there name under "*Cough*". So, I'll say joshua is the immature one. The rest, I respect your opinions. :)

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't be rude towards other members, thanks. :)

ScottDiamond
13-12-2006, 06:25 PM
OK, since this thread has attratched immature children, I'm going to request it to be locked. You might want to understand I was telling people the difference between a Domain. Unfortunatly, we have immature people who have to take it upon themselves to act innapropriatly.

I'm not going to hide there name under "*Cough*". So, I'll say joshua is the immature one. The rest, I respect your opinions. :)

I mean attracted.

:Blobbed
13-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Anyway, nice thread lol

ScottDiamond
13-12-2006, 06:42 PM
LOLOL!

Edited by Bomb-head (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly, thanks :)

nets
14-12-2006, 04:54 PM

No, you were suggesting the company had "broken the law" and are advertising their subdomain-service purely as a top level domain name. I suggest you reconsider who is actually acting inappropriately; you just misinformed the entire forum, committed defamation against that company, double-posted to correct one of your many spelling mistakes and then was warned for pointless-posting. I was going to finish this by calling you an idiot, but then decided that would be patronising *even* for someone such as yourself.

ScottDiamond
14-12-2006, 06:55 PM
The only crime committed in here, is the crime of your stupidity.

You have a real habit for overlooking things, did you not read my post?

http://habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=2711959&postcount=10

Yep, I agree that that's really mature Josh. ;l

You have a real habit for acting wide, **** off.

And don't even bother replying, I can't be **removed** reading the nonsence you're going to post this time.

Edited by Bomb-head (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude towards other members.

omgDAN!
14-12-2006, 07:05 PM
For god sake just let it go

ScottDiamond
14-12-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't really care now, I wish this thread to be closed.

nets
15-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Yep, I agree that that's really mature Josh. ;l

You have a real habit for acting wide, **** off.

And don't even bother replying, I can't be arsed reading the nonsence you're going to post this time.
I'm very immature. When someone corrects me without euphemisms, I tell them to "**** off", call them a child, suggest they're "wide" and frantically ask for my thread to be closed so I can't be made a fool of again! Heck, sometimes I even cry IRL. Perhaps I should realise, that if I don't reply, then no-one else will read my very embarrassing thread?

Nether$
15-12-2006, 11:43 AM
You are right, for the legal jurestriction of the USA. The Europian Union law (the one about domain names and trade marks.) says that copyright law does not apply to domain names, whether generik (sp?) or top-level. Domain names that have been purchased from the public domain reg. and are used for a company in the private sector may use that domain name as they wish as long as the legal jurestriction that it was purchased on allows it. However this is not all it and there is pages and pages of it. The company may choose to be governed by the legal jurestriction of the EU and it will be allowed.

It is not as str8 forward as this oviouslly but i will try to find the act and post it. mr.geeza you are right. They do break the law. to avoid it in their TOS they should put:

This site, and all its affilates are governed under the legal JS of the EU.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!