PDA

View Full Version : wii like records

SimplyTech
13-12-2006, 07:06 PM
The wii is the fastest selling home console in history!
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=pEUMLLwWPqv4Y7rEeokibLovlU42Y mDV

brandon
13-12-2006, 07:09 PM
wow that's wii-ly good news for nintendo.

letisix
13-12-2006, 07:11 PM
yeh There Getting richer everyday!

Charles
13-12-2006, 07:13 PM

Haha.
Good for Nintendo!

Neversoft
13-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm not supprised. They sold out within hours. :P

mohammed
13-12-2006, 08:20 PM
har har!

pleke
13-12-2006, 08:22 PM
and also the worst console ever.

SimplyTech
13-12-2006, 08:46 PM
have you played one?

pleke
13-12-2006, 08:48 PM
i own one.

SimplyTech
13-12-2006, 08:54 PM
i own one.
Sure you do :rolleyes:
What games do you have?

<3
13-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I'd rather get one for my birthday in 6 months time when theres a more variety of games, in my oppinion there's only 2 games that I like anyway, or if I get some cash i might get one in March or something.

Infrontation
13-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I do doubt I will venture out and purchase one. I look for graphics and great online play at a reasonable price so the Xbox 360 is ideal for me.

Nothing against Wii's those played at my mates house, decent enough.

SimplyTech
13-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I do doubt I will venture out and purchase one. I look for graphics and great online play at a reasonable price so the Xbox 360 is ideal for me.

See i have a different view on games i have a hd tv but i look for Gameplay, innovation and kinda online but not that much, i care very little for graphics because once your kinda 'in the game' you dont notice the graphics eg ocarina of time plays like twilight princess you dont notice the gfx difference.

Luckyrare
13-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice one, I wish I had pre ordered one now (I was planning to) I will get one after christmas when stocks are back up...

Homesrfan
14-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Good news for Nintendo!
I really hope that more 3rd party game devolpers start to produce games for Wii. :D

Simmzay
14-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah... if there's one thing Nintendo DEFINITELY lacks in it's quantity of games. Why own the best current console if there aren't going to be many games? So hopefully this will invite third-party developers back into the Nintendo realm. A MGS game would be a good start.

Anyway it's good news but I hardly call it unexpected. It's the longrun I'm more interested in.

:LeKevin:
14-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah... if there's one thing Nintendo DEFINITELY lacks in it's quantity of games.
I agree with you on that one, but I bet (like the DS) when the Wii has got off its feet (so to speak) they'll be tonns of games :D

I think the lack of games was because the launch date was brought forward?

micky.blue.eyes
14-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Half agreed, it's not the worst, but not the best either.

I think the Wii is a developed stage of the Eye toy. The only difference is that you play "3D" instead of only flat on the screen like the eye toy (You can box forward and stuff, on they Eye Toy you can only box to the sides.) and you have a remote control so you can play like other consoles, but the interactive games are often so cartoonish and odd.
I, like Infrontation, rather have an XBox360 (might get one for christmas). The graphics are so much better and the gameplay is better.
I so want to get Call of Duty 3 for the Xbox360, the graphics own, it looks like a movie. But that's not what this topic is about, so back to the Wii. :)

dirrty
14-12-2006, 03:29 PM
the wii looks good actually
i want a ps3 tho. my sister is getting a wii so i will just play on that =]

Neversoft
14-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah... if there's one thing Nintendo DEFINITELY lacks in it's quantity of games.

Actually there is quite a few games already. :s Unlike the PSP. Nintendo have loads of games.

Online in 2007, should be awesome!

NekkLe
14-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Good news for Nintendo. Hopefully getting one after christmas.

SimplyTech
14-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Half agreed, it's not the worst, but not the best either.

I think the Wii is a developed stage of the Eye toy. The only difference is that you play "3D" instead of only flat on the screen like the eye toy (You can box forward and stuff, on they Eye Toy you can only box to the sides.) and you have a remote control so you can play like other consoles, but the interactive games are often so cartoonish and odd.
I, like Infrontation, rather have an XBox360 (might get one for christmas). The graphics are so much better and the gameplay is better.
I so want to get Call of Duty 3 for the Xbox360, the graphics own, it looks like a movie. But that's not what this topic is about, so back to the Wii. :)
Graphics are alot better but i wouldnt say gameplay i mean my n64 or Snes has better gameplay than my xbox and ps2 put together.

The wii is nothing like the eyetoy, seriously. I have an eyetoy theyre fun but the games are a bit rubbish on it, it doesnt always work, its 2d, you can easily cheat etc. On the wii your actually holding something like its real but on the eyetoy you just wave your arms about

Jamexy
14-12-2006, 08:22 PM
MY GOD!
Stop with the fayboyism :\

Danny,
14-12-2006, 08:27 PM
im surprised at this seeing as the amount of bad publicity in the papers atm

SimplyTech
14-12-2006, 08:33 PM
I am a fanboy and dont pretend not to be BUT the wii is nothing like the eyetoy.

GommeInc
14-12-2006, 09:05 PM
This makes no sense, it is less like an Eyetoy with what you have explained... It doesn't have an eye for one thing and you do not interact on screen like you would with an eyetoy. You just explained fully why it has only a small similarity with the eyetoy, rather than a huge similarity.

The only difference is not just you play 3D? You play with a remote rather than a camera?

The only similarity I know of is you interact wirelessly with what you have on screen, rather than with something inbetween you, like a controller wire.

As SimplyTech said, you play 2D with Eyetoy, and can cheat. With the Wii-mote, you point on screen and have to work your way through Zelda by waving the Wii-mote like a sword, you can't wave your arm to kill a shadow creature or just stand infront of it and make the Wii think your whole body is attacking it.

NekkLe
15-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Graphics are alot better but i wouldnt say gameplay i mean my n64 or Snes has better gameplay than my xbox and ps2 put together.

The wii is nothing like the eyetoy, seriously. I have an eyetoy theyre fun but the games are a bit rubbish on it, it doesnt always work, its 2d, you can easily cheat etc. On the wii your actually holding something like its real but on the eyetoy you just wave your arms about

Your very biased towards the Wii that you cannot accept an opinion when it goes against you. Some people prefer different things when it comes to gaming, whether its the gameplay or the graphics.

lukeisok
15-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah... if there's one thing Nintendo DEFINITELY lacks in it's quantity of games. Why own the best current console if there aren't going to be many games? So hopefully this will invite third-party developers back into the Nintendo realm. A MGS game would be a good start.

Anyway it's good news but I hardly call it unexpected. It's the longrun I'm more interested in.

I am a fanboy and dont pretend not to be BUT the wii is nothing like the eyetoy.

This makes no sense, it is less like an Eyetoy with what you have explained... It doesn't have an eye for one thing and you do not interact on screen like you would with an eyetoy. You just explained fully why it has only a small similarity with the eyetoy, rather than a huge similarity.

The only difference is not just you play 3D? You play with a remote rather than a camera?

The only similarity I know of is you interact wirelessly with what you have on screen, rather than with something inbetween you, like a controller wire.

As SimplyTech said, you play 2D with Eyetoy, and can cheat. With the Wii-mote, you point on screen and have to work your way through Zelda by waving the Wii-mote like a sword, you can't wave your arm to kill a shadow creature or just stand infront of it and make the Wii think your whole body is attacking it.

I aggree with all of you.

Hopefully, i wish to get one after christmas, and i shall be spending £300+ on the console, a bunch of games and some random things ;')

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!