PDA

View Full Version : Tips on not getting Brute Force'd

Andy?
16-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Some of you might not know, hackers have started using Brute Force to hack some Runescape users. Brute Force/pass cracker is a program that is very simple. Hackers put in anyones Runescape Username and then put a whole list of passwords (most commons one) such as qwerty, greenday, simpleplan, etc.

Tips to not getting hacked?

Simple. Put your password as something like s1mplepl4n or something with numbers in it.

I wrote this thing since I got hacked by this lol.

Hoax
16-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Runescape tells you something along the lines of that in the Stronghold of Security mini-game. And it's common sense to use numbers aswell.

Royal
16-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh dang, thats pretty scary eh, I'm happy my password is secure, also congrats on mod, Hoax!

Gimme noodle
17-12-2006, 09:38 AM
lol it don't work anymore runescape changed something so pretty much they are useless....

so, you don't need to worry. but theres almost certainly gonna be another one made i nthe future so just too be on the safe side keep it hard anyway.

Youheard
17-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Nice little tip but to be honest if you're silly enough to have your pass as something easy to guess then it's your fault when you do get hacked.

Matt-
17-12-2006, 11:46 AM
you could never brute force runescape because after 10 attempts it locks ur account for a minuit or so..

T417
17-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Some of you might not know, hackers have started using Brute Force to hack some Runescape users. Brute Force/pass cracker is a program that is very simple. Hackers put in anyones Runescape Username and then put a whole list of passwords (most commons one) such as qwerty, greenday, simpleplan, etc.

Tips to not getting hacked?

Simple. Put your password as something like s1mplepl4n or something with numbers in it.

I wrote this thing since I got hacked by this lol.

do you mean like redchilli46 eould that be a good one?

Bielby2ooo
17-12-2006, 12:01 PM
you could never brute force runescape because after 10 attempts it locks ur account for a minuit or so..

Its after 3 attempts

But guess what

New Pass Crackers use Proxys :P

Ashley 12344
17-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Firstly.

A new interface has stopped this (atm)

Also, they can still get a lot of good passwords. Some of the word lists are unbelievable.

A proxy makes it look like your using a differenct pc every few seconds.

Originalmoh
17-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Hacking = LAME!!!

why i always wonder why... whats the point....

Rashelly
17-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Not really a tip, more like...Common sense.

Andy?
17-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, basically any password with numbers in it is good. But also, like Biebly said (I think) they can use proxies. Those are basically using a different IP address.

And for the password lists, some people have files that you upload onto them that are just about every word/name in the dictionary.

Ashley 12344
17-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, basically any password with numbers in it is good. But also, like Biebly said (I think) they can use proxies. Those are basically using a different IP address.

And for the password lists, some people have files that you upload onto them that are just about every word/name in the dictionary.

Yes, I know how they work.

A lot of the forums are opposed to them though now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!