PDA

View Full Version : Want some quick exercises

timROGERS
16-12-2006, 05:32 PM
What exercises can I do quickly to lose some stomach fat and build up my muscles? At the moment, I hate PE and Games as I just can't do any of it because it's too tiring and difficult.

I would just run the exercise, but I can't run - it's too painful and it completely wears me out. What can I do in the comfort of my own home/garden to try to just get that little bit better?

Tristan
16-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Sit ups - Good for burning fat.
Crunches - Good for building up/toning muscle.

If they tire you out after doing a few try holding your position quite low in the sit up position holding yourself up by just your abdominal muscles. Isometric contractions I believe they make? It is not advised for those with heart problems though.

Hoax
16-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Tread mill or jogging?

Fonejacker
16-12-2006, 06:53 PM
there are so many theads on Situps... These a sticky aswell... so why make this thread

Re101
16-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I tihnk you want to just loose fat, and build up stamina. I'd reccomend running or crosstrainers. Something that gets your heart beat going and gets you out of breath will do you good. If you want some stuff for your back garden, maybe try some quik feet exercises such as high knees and ladder work.

foxyfox00
17-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Seeing you dont like running try walking with a mix of circut training. It envolves set of 10-20 with repeats of the sets 3-5 times for each exercise

Try to aim for a mix of :
sit ups
squats
crunches
pushups
star jumps
tri-cep dips
side to side jumps
jump ropes etc

Also search on google for excercise diagrams, exercise routines or try mens health sites ie: www.menshealth.co.uk
Good Luck

Twinkie
19-12-2006, 03:02 AM
You're not going to lose a lot of fat and gain muscle mass if you refuse to do any strenuous workout. The saying "no pain, no gain" is very true.

Start by doing cardiovascular activities before and/or after weight lifting (if you do any). Brisk walking, jogging, running, sprinting, swimming, cycling, skip/jump roping, etc. Just like someone said, anything that gets your heart beat going. In addition to this, a balanced diet is key.

Blinger1
19-12-2006, 03:09 AM
do ski jumps they are easy and you can do it anywhere. put a line on the ground and jump from one side to the other and back quickly. keep repeating for like a couple of minutes or something :)

Demi
19-12-2006, 08:02 PM
What exercises can I do quickly to lose some stomach fat and build up my muscles? At the moment, I hate PE and Games as I just can't do any of it because it's too tiring and difficult.

I would just run the exercise, but I can't run - it's too painful and it completely wears me out. What can I do in the comfort of my own home/garden to try to just get that little bit better?

No pain, no gain! =]
That being my honest opinion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!