PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in God?

Bioda
17-12-2006, 03:25 AM
I would have to say I think I do. It just seems to me like there is something out there.

RedStratocas
17-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Nope. Im in the elite 2% of the population.

Tash.
17-12-2006, 12:46 PM
No I don't.

Energizer
17-12-2006, 01:06 PM
No .

benjamin
17-12-2006, 01:08 PM
nopee.

cocaine
17-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Nopee.

chilloutrich
17-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Heres some questions
; If God was so powerful, then when he was created the world, he created it in 7 days. on the 7th day he rested. why would he need to rest if he was so powerful???

who created god??

lol:)

uh huh her
17-12-2006, 01:39 PM
nope .

dirrty
17-12-2006, 01:45 PM
yes .

velvet
17-12-2006, 02:08 PM
No, I don't believe in God.

Cixso
17-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Why belive or worship a god who allows suffering, hatered, and hunger?

To me, he is not worth spitting on!

I am a goth, I belive in the devil. Bercause, there is evil, hatred, and hunger.

Tiuhdur
17-12-2006, 02:33 PM
i beleive in spirits and the devil and some gods so i ticked yes if i follow the gods or not is a different story all together

Dan2nd
17-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Yes i do

RedStratocas
17-12-2006, 03:41 PM
I am a goth, I belive in the devil. Bercause, there is evil, hatred, and hunger.

I LOL'D!

Hatred and evil isnt proof that the devil exists. That would mean baskets of puppies and cupcakes are proof that God exists.

Cixso
17-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I LOL'D!

Hatred and evil isnt proof that the devil exists. That would mean baskets of puppies and cupcakes are proof that God exists.

I LOL'D TOO

Its what I belive. There is no right or wrong what you belive in, and NOBODY can prove it does not exist.

And WHO said its proof that the devil exists?

RedStratocas
17-12-2006, 04:46 PM
I LOL'D TOO

Its what I belive. There is no right or wrong what you belive in, and NOBODY can prove it does not exist.

And WHO said its proof that the devil exists?

You did:

I belive in the devil. Bercause, there is evil, hatred, and hunger.

You believe in the devil BECAUSE blah blah blah.

FlyingJesus
17-12-2006, 06:12 PM

lol@u

You're saying we shouldn't believe in something that allows suffering and pain and all that? So let's see.. Tony Blair allowed for Iraqi families to be torn apart and all that jazz. He's our leader, and he still did that, does that mean we shouldn't believe in him? Fair enough if you don't want to worship someone like that, but it's no cause for nonexistence.

Another big "lol" because of your goth statement. The Devil is the fallen archangel Lucifer, a former servant of God. To believe in Satan is to believe in the Christian God, so before you paint your nails black and turn on your HIM, try learning something about what it is you claim to believe in.

Myself, I don't believe in the Christian God or any other gods offered by worldly religions, but I do believe that there is something out there more powerful than us, whether it is something with true godlike powers or just a creator who got bored one day and made a universe. I just don't know who/what it is, and how many of them there are, or even if they still exist.

Herman
17-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Heres some questions
; If God was so powerful, then when he was created the world, he created it in 7 days. on the 7th day he rested. why would he need to rest if he was so powerful???
That's only in christianity I think. In Islam God didn't rest because he is powerful.

who created god??
If you put it that way, the chain will be endless. If somebody created God, then that somebody must have been created by another somebody, and so on.

And to answer the thread starter's question, yes, I do believe in God.

timROGERS
17-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I beleive in God, I'm Christian.

God allows bad things to happen to us, so we can learn from our mistakes and become better people as a result of it. In the end we will be nearly perfect and we will all be able to live in His City.

Marsquake
17-12-2006, 06:50 PM
nope i don't believe in god.

Dan2nd
17-12-2006, 09:06 PM

God gave us freewill so there had to be Good as well as evil

who created god??

God has no begining

kasi
17-12-2006, 09:15 PM
no i dont.

GommeInc
17-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Nope. I also find the behaviour of some religious people horrid. Believe in God or go to hell is hinted sometimes.

FlyingJesus
17-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Nope. I also find the behaviour of some religious people horrid. Believe in God or go to hell is hinted sometimes.

That's because it's what their religion teaches.. After all, why would any god want a heretic with him/her/them in paradise? And why would someone who's spent their life denying the existence of a god/gods want to spend eternity with them once they die?

benjamin
17-12-2006, 10:04 PM
That's because it's what their religion teaches.. After all, why would any god want a heretic with him/her/them in paradise? And why would someone who's spent their life denying the existence of a god/gods want to spend eternity with them once they die?
but then didn't god also like say to respect others opinions?
idk, "god" contradicts himself tbh. :rolleyes:

Dan2nd
18-12-2006, 05:56 PM
but then didn't god also like say to respect others opinions?
idk, "god" contradicts himself tbh. :rolleyes:

Yes God does and I do I respect everyone no matter what religion they are but lik FlyingJesus said you have to except God to get into heaven

Ezzie.
19-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm turning into an agnostic to be honest :p

Gaby
19-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Yes I do believe in God...
But some Christians think saying "crap" or "butt" is sinning and putting on LIGHT PINK nail polish is bad....
Doesn't God except everyone even if they don't believe in him..
So why would being yourself matter to God??
But yes, I am also a Buddhist.....some other people think i'm a hypocrite.
WTC?
How is believing in both religions being a hypocrite.
Both sides of my family believe in different religions
Dad: Christian
Mom: Buddhist.
But I like believing in 2 religions..it makes me feel busy x] [[weird haha]]

Mentor
19-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes I do believe in God...
But some Christians think saying "crap" or "butt" is sinning and putting on LIGHT PINK nail polish is bad....
Doesn't God except everyone even if they don't believe in him..
So why would being yourself matter to God??
But yes, I am also a Buddhist.....some other people think i'm a hypocrite.
WTC?
How is believing in both religions being a hypocrite.
Both sides of my family believe in different religions
Dad: Christian
Mom: Buddhist.
But I like believing in 2 religions..it makes me feel busy x] [[weird haha]]
Well beliveing in both does cause a number of contradictions, although with this choice, at least you only have to worry about one god. Personaly i do find many of the teachings of buddism to actualy be quite practial, and it does allow you to join in with any other relgions.

Its only the finer points, you need to make a choice, heven/hell or reincanation things etc "/

I dont think takeing the best bits from each religion could be seen as a bad thing though, dispite the fact, personly i think you end up with just buddism if you did so... although with more holidays and celibrations thrown in... and possibly swaping the nature parts for the christan equievlent as vegirianism aint for me... actualy the more i think about it, combineing the better points of each does seem to create a pretty decent philosphy on life lol

JT-Fan
21-12-2006, 01:51 PM
yes i do believe in god..but i believe in not only one god but more than 1

beth
23-12-2006, 09:52 PM
no. i don't like to believe there is something 'superior' over all of us.

Ignite
30-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Heres some questions

who created god??

chillout..it defeats the purpose of having a God if god was created. eg.worshipping a statue god. the first quote sounds like it came from the bible, but thats not the only religion out there. so do your own objective research, and be harsh with the facts. its the only way you'll find your answers.
ps. i beleive in god, but it doesnt stop me from asking questions, try islam for starters.

Ignite
30-12-2006, 03:07 PM
God gave us freewill so there had to be Good as well as evil

God has no begining

god gave us free choice, not free will. we cannot will into being anything we desire and even scientists proved in a recent article in THE NEW SCIENTIST that infact we have no free will.
their example was how our body moves before we think for it to move.

p.s. it freaked me out and i laughed but it proved something that we already know.

Dan2nd
30-12-2006, 08:33 PM
god gave us free choice, not free will. we cannot will into being anything we desire and even scientists proved in a recent article in THE NEW SCIENTIST that infact we have no free will.
their example was how our body moves before we think for it to move.

p.s. it freaked me out and i laughed but it proved something that we already know.

free·will /ˈfriˈwɪl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[free-wil] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. made or done freely or of one's own accord; voluntary: a freewill contribution to a political fund.
2. of or pertaining to the metaphysical doctrine of the freedom of the will: the freewill controversy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1525–35; free + will2]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source free·will (frē'wĭl') Pronunciation Key
adj. Done of one's own accord; voluntary.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
WordNet - Cite This Source freewill

adjective
done of your own accord; "a freewill offering"

^^^^

freewill is when you have the freedom to make your own choices. You'll al find in the bible is says people made'freewill offerings' to God.

-:Undertaker:-
31-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Dunno not sure and we'll never find out until we die.

Gwii
16-01-2007, 04:30 AM
I believe there's someone / something out there.

We'll either know after death or not know at all, that's all that it will ever be, no one can prove either way,

We'll either die and find someone there, die and be reincarnated, or die and disipate,

Never know....

--Gwii

Teenager!
16-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Nope.

If God existed atleast half of the bags left at Heathrow would not contain elves ... and the queen wouldn't be a secret elf either (Mock The Week)

hobo
16-01-2007, 01:46 PM
no.

I'm fine with people who do, unless it's islam they follow.
call me racist or w/e, i don't care.
i really just don't understand how someone could believe such total crap.

summer
16-01-2007, 01:46 PM
no.

i pretty much agree with that ^

Bladder
16-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I Believe in God.
Stupid NonBelievers Will Burn In Hell :)

:Hazel
16-01-2007, 03:08 PM
K I'll burn in hell then;

Bladder
16-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Nah, I Really Don't Know If There's A God.
If There Was, Would All This Be Happening?

English
16-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Nah, I Really Don't Know If There's A God.
If There Was, Would All This Be Happening?
What do you mean by 'all of this'?

Bladder
16-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Twin Towers, Wars, Sadom.
Global Warming, Gays, Murder.
People killing animals, abortion, having Bush as our president.
Ect..Ect.

RedStratocas
16-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I Believe in God.
Stupid NonBelievers Will Burn In Hell :)

I lol'd. Now you're what I call stubborn.

There's a lot of things I dont understand. One being if God really didn't offer any oh-so-solid proof of his existance, let alone what he wants out of people, why wouldnt he/she let someone who didn't believe in God into heaven, even if they've lived an extremely good life and been forgiving?

no.

Well most religion have some "WTH?" side to them. Even Christianity. They believe that women were made from a piece of man's rib. If 2 billion people can believe that, I can understand anything. Not to mention, Mormon is even more insane. Thats a sect of Christianity that believes Adam and Eve lived in Nebraska or some state. There's an entire episode of South Park on it.

hobo
16-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I lol'd. Now you're what I call stubborn.

There's a lot of things I dont understand. One being if God really didn't offer any oh-so-solid proof of his existance, let alone what he wants out of people, why wouldnt he/she let someone who didn't believe in God into heaven, even if they've lived an extremely good life and been forgiving?

Well most religion have some "WTH?" side to them. Even Christianity. They believe that women were made from a piece of man's rib. If 2 billion people can believe that, I can understand anything. Not to mention, Mormon is even more insane. Thats a sect of Christianity that believes Adam and Eve lived in Nebraska or some state. There's an entire episode of South Park on it.

yeah mormons are really weird.
it's not just the WTH thing though, i just really don't like some things their religion encourages, like suicide.
but i suppose since i was brought up around Christians and stuff, i'd see the weird side of other religions more.

benjamin
16-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I dont like any type of religion tbh.

Your being told what to do by someone you cant even see?

benjamin
16-01-2007, 08:30 PM
sorry, double posted with lag

Djcafc.
yes i do but im not sure what happens when you die

RedStratocas
yeah mormons are really weird.
it's not just the WTH thing though, i just really don't like some things their religion encourages, like suicide.
but i suppose since i was brought up around Christians and stuff, i'd see the weird side of other religions more.

More people have died in the name of Jesus than Mohammad.

benjamin
16-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Twin Towers, Wars, Sadom.
Global Warming, Gays, Murder.
People killing animals, abortion, having Bush as our president.
Ect..Ect.
gays? :/ people like you **** me off.

and well to all the others, people who believe in god, believe he gave free will.

Rock:Dude
27-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I seem to see an awful lot of no's there. It seems that these "aetheists" seem to believe that there is no God, the big bang created everything.
There must be some purpose in this world because we are conscious beings, we must have purpose to live. Our purpose is to populate and look after the earth.

"Go Forth and Multiply"

It all seems to fit.
Also who created this big bang. Its a bit far fetched that these carbon molecules collided in an infinity to one chance and created life by themselves, especially because they have no concioussness.
There must be some higher being out there.
I am a christian and believe in this higher being. If there is no god, I just hope that the morals held by religions across the world can still stay, they are great ways to live our lives any selfless person would live like that regardless of wether there is a god, just to do the right thing.

Rock:dude

dirrty
27-01-2007, 08:44 PM
yes i do

Brody
27-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Nope i do not believe in a god

Mentor
28-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I seem to see an awful lot of no's there. It seems that these "aetheists" seem to believe that there is no God, the big bang created everything.

lol "It seems that these "aetheists" seem to believe that there is no God"

Great quote :p

(if you haven't followed, aethiest means a lack of a belief in god, hence quite obviously there not going to belive in one if there aethiests)

There must be some purpose in this world because we are conscious beings, we must have purpose to live. Our purpose is to populate and look after the earth.
How does that work? How can you say "where conscious beings hence we must have a purpose" The logic doesn't follow? Its like saying a pie tastes nice because the simpsons shows on sky one? there to separate and unrelated events, hence can have no plausible causal link?

"Go Forth and Multiply"
despite the fact half the church advocates quite the opposite, in all the celibacy's

It all seems to fit.
no it doesnt.

Also who created this big bang.
Who created god?

Its a bit far fetched that these carbon molecules collided in an infinity to one chance and created life by themselves, especially because they have no concioussness.
1) its a bit far fetched to say a magic super being that magicly came in to existence magiced the world and universe in to existance...
2) Hows it far fetched? its simply a statistical probability, and with simplistic mathematical knowledge, it should be obvious, and infity to 1 chance, becomes a 1 to 1 chance if you try and infinite number of times, which is what happens in an infinite time scale.
3) That has nothing to do with the creation of the universe anyway, you obviously dont have the slightest clue about the big bang theory.
4) *** does coniousness have to do with anything? do you even know what it is?

There must be some higher being out there.
Why must there? Theres no reason for there to be one, no evidance that one exists?

I am a christian and believe in this higher being.
You can belive that llarmas come from the moon if you like, it doesnt make it true

If there is no god, I just hope that the morals held by religions across the world can still stay, they are great ways to live our lives any selfless person would live like that regardless of wether there is a god, just to do the right thing.
Why? and no there not far from it? the advocate quite the opposite.
Selfless acts, are like when someone helps someone purely because they want to help them.
Religion says you help them, so you can get a reward such as going to hevern, hence there obviously not selfless.

Many religions have many different sets or moral values, so absolute morality is even flawed before we look at how things happen in reality. All morality is both relative to a society and subjective towards the individual applying it.

Chirstanty advocates alot of horrible things, such as generiside, murder, rape, torture, slavery, etc etc.

Dont believe me, try reading the old testament.

-Wolverine
28-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah I do, but I don't believe in the extremist Christian stuff where they crucify themselves on Good Friday or other stuff.

And at whoever said Islam is a religion where they encourage suicide, I'm pretty sure they don't, and it's a peaceful religion, but all the terrorists in the Middle East believe that Allah want them to kill themselves for their faith.

Mentor
28-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah I do, but I don't believe in the extremist Christian stuff where they crucify themselves on Good Friday or other stuff.

And at whoever said Islam is a religion where they encourage suicide, I'm pretty sure they don't, and it's a peaceful religion, but all the terrorists in the Middle East believe that Allah want them to kill themselves for their faith.

much like the fanatical christens believe god wanted them to firebomb abortion clinics, plant bombs in major citys and burn people alive whom disagree with them...

The media skews reality towards its own view point, its not very useful for a reflection of what the world is really like, more people a shot a day in certain american cities than are killed in a day in iraq... interesting figure that "/

-Wolverine
28-01-2007, 11:40 AM
much like the christens believe god wanted them to firebomb abortion clinics, plant bombs in major citys and burn people alive whom disagree with them...
Yeah, those are the extremists though..

Mentor
28-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, those are the extremists though..

Yea, i edited my post to make that more clear.

RedStratocas
28-01-2007, 01:43 PM

Hahahahaha, I would put that in my sig if I didnt actually feel bad for doing that.

ThisNameWillDo!
30-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I kinda do :P

GommeInc
30-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Nope, I don't. I think of God as an imaginary friend that people feel the need to send their troubles to, to something non-physical and argue with it till, they, themselves form a certain conclusion and possible action. BUT, Christians think that this idea forming was done by God, not themselves. They are, in a way, making themselves dumb when what they do is all up to them, not the thing they argue with in their mind before they go to bed.

That's how I see it, at least "/

DiscoPat
31-01-2007, 04:36 PM
depends on the worlds strongest man

OMGitsaROSS
31-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Chicken or the egg?:O

Jim Rotates
09-02-2007, 02:19 PM
i do but there are far more important things in my life than religion so i don't think about it much.

lAdmire
27-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, I believe there is.

dirrty
27-04-2007, 10:51 PM
yes i do believe in god.

Misawa
28-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Wow, this thread was certainly bumped up a bit...

Anyway, no, I am an atheist through and through - the theory of god(s) is, in my eyes, simply illogical and rediculous.

RedStratocas
28-04-2007, 12:18 AM

Egg. Because if it didnt come from an egg, it by definition cannot be a chicken.

:Liam
28-04-2007, 01:36 PM
I dont personally, I think of the bible as a story book :P

Joe!
28-04-2007, 10:35 PM

well i dont believe in any religion at all.

but according the bible. the chicken came before the egg. because it says he filled the skys with birds or something like that :/

i dont care though lol religion screws peoples lifes up.

GommeInc
28-04-2007, 11:21 PM
The bible says birds came first? Where does chicken come into that? The chicken is the question, not what comes from a bird which rivals a bird. Also, eggs came from dinosaurs and loads of varients of fish, so I say the egg came first. Silly irrational religious loses that argument by a long shot "/

I believe in God as a imaginary friend that people shout at, talk to and share mental thoughts with. I don't believe there is such a thing that casts miracles and heals the sick, half the time it is probably luck or basic will power which the believer has done to himself, which gives them the power to heal themselves and sort out their own life questions through a rational chain a thought. They just belive figuring out something is down to God, when it is actually done by themselves.

DimitarBerbatov
28-04-2007, 11:22 PM
i sure do

Virgin Mary
29-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Um, yeah. I think it's like impossible to argue against God, seeing as he is all powerful and whatnot. Chickens would've evolved from a dinosaur or some other prehistoric bird therefore would've come from an egg. Technically, the chicken's evolutionary ancestor came first. But what's to stop an omnipotent God from zapping a chicken into existence there and then? It's really a never ending argument seeing as whatever science questions religion always has the 'omnipotence' as its answer. I like to believe in a bit of both. God made the big bang, thus followed the universe and all that. God merely looks over us. I mean, for him, it's like having Eastenders on constantly.

FlyingJesus
29-04-2007, 04:15 PM
God gets the best adult entertainment.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!