PDA

View Full Version : How sulake covers its back (a load of legal rubbish i wrote)

Nether$
17-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Sulake break the law all the time, from transferring data to outside the EU, to countries that do not have computer legislation acts similar to the EU- a list of allowed countries is available (e.g. data from habbo Russia & China is sent do Finland and vice versa.), Not securing personal, sensitive information (not encrypting data so anyone can see like your DOB (but this has been fixed with their "encrypted" logon)) and not insuring the security of personal information- people can script to see your account details (like last week.)
"Information must be honest, accurate and up to date" (i.e. old accounts that haven't been used in years must be deleted- and if you look in the terms of use they say they do this every 6 months and they comply with this law but they don't do it!) "the information must be kept safe and secure. This includes keeping information backed up and away form any unauthorised access. It will be wrong to leave personal data to be openly viewed by anyone." There are scripting tools that you can use to search the database for passwords, e-mails and change them.
They also don't check if e-mails are correct, all they say is verify it and it doesn't matter if you do or don't.
There is loads, but is it right that they do not comply with the disability discrimination act?
This act states the following:
Any business that provides a product/ service to the public must make it reasonably accessible to people with disabilities, whether it is physical or electrical. So why doesn't habbo do this? All it needs to do is put a basic JavaScript on the home page so you can increase font size / see a text only version and it will be compliant. I see habbo break the law so much and it drives me MAD!! Their net profit each year runs into Millions and their cost of sales just a couple of hundreds.
Another random thing I want to add is:
Habbo UK Ltd is a privately limited company with unlimited liabillaty (they can run in to millions of £ of debt and the owners of habbo wont have to pay it back.) The only shareholder of Habbo UK Ltd is Sulake Ltd. This means each year Habbo UK Ltd. pays tax free dividends to Sulake Ltd each year. If habbo ever becomes bankrupt or gets into legal problems hers what they will do. Sign all capital over to Sulake Ltd. and declare themselves legally bankrupt. This means if they get into debt, no matter how big even billions (although it wont happen) they wont have to pay it back, also I they get in trouble with legal matters that is what they will do and there is nothing anyone can do about it. This is how habbo gets away with breaking the law all the time.
Ever wondered why VAT isn't added to the cost of habbo credits? (Well most methods of purchase), or how habbo gets away without paying hardly any tax? As the lead shareholder is Sulake Ltd, a Finnish company, at the end of each fanatical year, when its time to declare profit/loss to customs and excise they say "Here is the balance sheet for year 20xx. All dividends have been paid to Sulake Ltd and as of which is based in Finland. We can not pay UK tax on that amount because of EU rules and regulations as it will be taxed in Finland* All sales are made in the name of Sulake Ltd therefore UK tax will not be added. Here is the tax we will pay ___ (an amount next to nothing.)" Under both EU and international law you cannot pay tax in more then one country and you cannot be taxed twice. Then in Finland Sulake say "Although we receive the capital/ net profit from the sales, they are made in the UK, therefore the people who purchased the virtual property are paying UK tax therefore you cant tax us on the sales (for example VAT) the only things you can tax us on is ___ which adds up to ___"
*Finland is known to have one of the lowest taxes in the EU.
There is loads more. Sulakes cash flow forecast amounts to £50 000 000 net profit at the end of this financial year, and they nearly treble their net profit each year. They get away with murder and they contribute as little as possible to society,
I rambled on about stuff you probably don't care about for too long and i'm sure no one read all that and cares but anyway...

=gamemaster=
17-12-2006, 04:40 PM
:l Very good even though i didn't read it :l
How long did that take?

Nether$
17-12-2006, 04:43 PM
As quick as it takes me to type (60wpm)

=gamemaster=
17-12-2006, 04:50 PM
20-30 mins?

Nether$
17-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Lol i dont even know, read it yet?

DCeption
17-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Some one has been swating up on the Data Protection Act

Nether$
17-12-2006, 05:02 PM
swating? what do you mean by that?

the last time i saw that was 2 years ago in an ict lesson, and at the same time in a business studies lesson.

visa.
18-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Interesting!

Casanova
18-12-2006, 12:28 PM
i read about the first 20 lines and noticed that's bull excretement and gave up.

Habbo/Sulake have broke no laws, especially deleting accounts? D'you know that it's their corporation and there is no laws for the INTERNET saying any legalised chatrooms have to delete sub-rooms, accounts or anything involved with their chatroom(s) unlessit breaks international law, also they do not break any rules with personal information. They would of been shut down 5 years ago if that was true.

Everything you've wrote is out of context and mis-understood, or at least the bit i read. Good attempt but next time make sure you know a fraction of what you're talking about please?

Also, i read a bit about VAT... You're trying to say that they're doing wrong by finding a hole in VAT and tax laws in the UK, so it means they're doing wrong for being a successful business? I doubt any habbo has ever wondered why their credits aren't taxed, or their method wasn't.

Alot of that also says "and if" it doesn't matter what you're writing about, such as if habbo goes into debt? That accounts for alot of businesses not just habbo or Sulake.

Edited by ReviewDude (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Caution
18-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Utter ****.

Zuar
18-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Bah,
load of rubish.
Sulake do what they want.

Shatterstar
18-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I think it's true in places, even though this will probably be read by Habbo staff glincing at the forums. They make all the money yet give us little except new furni, Habbo used to be fun with quests and the staff actually got involved etc. but now I feel it's kinda moved onto nothing but an attempt at money making by the company. I'm pretty sure everyone would do the same in their place but they should give us at least some notice..

Nether$
26-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Get an A* in GCSE Business studies. A in Economics and Finance and do from september to now in Law then tell me its utter...

scubadiva
26-12-2006, 10:35 AM
You know the bit about deleting old accounts. It also says that they will never delete your account if you ever bought credits or had furni on it, that's why there are loads of inactive accounts still.

Just-One
26-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Sulake break the law all the time, from transferring data to outside the EU, to countries that do not have computer legislation acts similar to the EU- a list of allowed countries is available (e.g. data from habbo Russia & China is sent do Finland and vice versa.), Not securing personal, sensitive information (not encrypting data so anyone can see like your DOB (but this has been fixed with their "encrypted" logon)) and not insuring the security of personal information- people can script to see your account details (like last week.)
"Information must be honest, accurate and up to date" (i.e. old accounts that haven't been used in years must be deleted- and if you look in the terms of use they say they do this every 6 months and they comply with this law but they don't do it!) "the information must be kept safe and secure. This includes keeping information backed up and away form any unauthorised access. It will be wrong to leave personal data to be openly viewed by anyone." There are scripting tools that you can use to search the database for passwords, e-mails and change them.
They also don't check if e-mails are correct, all they say is verify it and it doesn't matter if you do or don't.
There is loads, but is it right that they do not comply with the disability discrimination act?
This act states the following:
Any business that provides a product/ service to the public must make it reasonably accessible to people with disabilities, whether it is physical or electrical. So why doesn't habbo do this? All it needs to do is put a basic JavaScript on the home page so you can increase font size / see a text only version and it will be compliant. I see habbo break the law so much and it drives me MAD!! Their net profit each year runs into Millions and their cost of sales just a couple of hundreds.
Another random thing I want to add is:
Habbo UK Ltd is a privately limited company with unlimited liabillaty (they can run in to millions of £ of debt and the owners of habbo wont have to pay it back.) The only shareholder of Habbo UK Ltd is Sulake Ltd. This means each year Habbo UK Ltd. pays tax free dividends to Sulake Ltd each year. If habbo ever becomes bankrupt or gets into legal problems hers what they will do. Sign all capital over to Sulake Ltd. and declare themselves legally bankrupt. This means if they get into debt, no matter how big even billions (although it wont happen) they wont have to pay it back, also I they get in trouble with legal matters that is what they will do and there is nothing anyone can do about it. This is how habbo gets away with breaking the law all the time.
Ever wondered why VAT isn't added to the cost of habbo credits? (Well most methods of purchase), or how habbo gets away without paying hardly any tax? As the lead shareholder is Sulake Ltd, a Finnish company, at the end of each fanatical year, when its time to declare profit/loss to customs and excise they say "Here is the balance sheet for year 20xx. All dividends have been paid to Sulake Ltd and as of which is based in Finland. We can not pay UK tax on that amount because of EU rules and regulations as it will be taxed in Finland* All sales are made in the name of Sulake Ltd therefore UK tax will not be added. Here is the tax we will pay ___ (an amount next to nothing.)" Under both EU and international law you cannot pay tax in more then one country and you cannot be taxed twice. Then in Finland Sulake say "Although we receive the capital/ net profit from the sales, they are made in the UK, therefore the people who purchased the virtual property are paying UK tax therefore you cant tax us on the sales (for example VAT) the only things you can tax us on is ___ which adds up to ___"
*Finland is known to have one of the lowest taxes in the EU.
There is loads more. Sulakes cash flow forecast amounts to £50 000 000 net profit at the end of this financial year, and they nearly treble their net profit each year. They get away with murder and they contribute as little as possible to society,
I rambled on about stuff you probably don't care about for too long and i'm sure no one read all that and cares but anyway...

To add on to this they do not secure their users personal informtion as it is very easy to get any habbo's email address. Also, they breach competition laws by asking users to purchase a magazine without offering a free alternative.

RE: your comments about furniture and new features. Sulake don't care about anything anyone as to say, aslong as they get their money off unsecure vulnerable children, they won't bother improving it. When they do upgrade it they rush it, they don't bother doing any checks hence the big mess with V11.

liquid
26-12-2006, 11:38 AM
that's rubbish.
the data protection act is to do with personal information held about EMPLOYEES, so unless you work for them..
and they don't hold any personal information either? your account only has your name, email and date of birth, so they aren't doing anything wrong by not deleting accounts, because you are able to change this info, and it's not like your name changes very often?

Actor!
26-12-2006, 12:27 PM
i coult not be bothered too read all that.

Cut it down make it more simpler and Present it better

Laurensh1
26-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I think dis belongs in the Trashcan :l

Edited by superstar911 (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Mentor
26-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Just as a few observations,

Habbo does not store any personaly identifable information, email and DOB isnt enough. Hence is not covered by the Data protection act.

Browsers can increase text size on websites, they dont need any JS.

When you sign up to habbo you agree to the tos, which include all the provisios makeing what they do perfectly legal.

Suzilake is a finish company and is part of the EU, under those provisions, Finlish law applys.

Net profit is how much money, BEFORE tax's and other exspencinces are taken in to account.

Luckyrare
26-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Data protection - Users have got to be able to easily opt out/delete accounts by law. I agree with the deletion of accounts when they haven't been used in years.

VAT - Unless you have seen Sulake accounts or you work for the inland revenue, you cant just claim they don't pay VAT. If they don't get taxed in the UK, what does it matter anyway?

Plus just the fact you have a GCSE in business studys doesn't mean you know it all. Why don't you email it to Sulake and ask them to respond?

Nice work anyway

Nether$
26-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Also, they breach competition laws by asking users to purchase a magazine without offering a free alternative.

Good point but it only applys to physical property.

the data protection act is to do with personal information held about EMPLOYEES...

The Data Protection Act (DPA) is a British Act of Parliament that provides a legal basis and allowing for the privacy and protection of data of individuals in the UK. The act places restrictions on organisations which collect or hold data which can identify a living person, sensitive information (health info, sexuallity), or any information that is held on an indervidual.

Get your facts right...

Data collected by any person or organisation may only be used for the specific purposes for which they were collected. Personal data may only be kept for an appropriate length of time and must not be disclosed to other parties without the consent of the data owner. Disclosed to Nislan ratings or what ever they are called, the "proxy" habbo uses as such... well packets run through the server. Firefox users look at the status bar when on habbo. Transfering data... it is done via an external company that is baised in Aus, outside the Europian Economic area- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED WHATSOEVER TO TRANSFER DATA OUTSIDE THIS AREA!!! (obviously you are for cirtan reasons but i cant be bothered to explain and not for this reason, look it up)

The Act covers any data which can be used to identify a living person. This including names, birthday and anniversary dates, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail, Fax numbers, etc.
That proves some of you above in the wrong, its in the act look it up. email etc count as personal information- WIKI

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/19980029.htm

There, try and prove me wrong. If you do (which i dont think you will) I am very sorry xD

luke-p
26-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Okay... But does anybody care about any of this?

Chickenblob
26-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Okay... But does anybody care about any of this?

Some people will care about this, I think its quite interesting.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!