PDA

View Full Version : "Poverty"

Lestah
17-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Apparently, many countries classed as "third-world" contain people living in "poverty". Now, it is these countries that have the fastest rising populations. So, therefore, it's not them in poverty.

Humans running charities etc for "poverty-stricken" countries are criminals. NATURE has kept the population of countries down for a reason, and the country obviously is not fit to maintain levels of human habitation. Now, thanks to idiotic charities and governments pouring money into these countries, the way of nature is being disrupted. These countries can't live off our donations for ever, and when that time comes, when the donations cease, countless people in those countries will do.

So, basically, I believe in Nature's way, and cycles. You give money to charity, you're helping to destroy nature.

Why do you think all these animals in Africa are going extinct? Because of HUMAN overpopulation.

I will donate my charities to something I actually believe is for good, such as Cancer research.

External56
17-12-2006, 05:32 PM
thats very intresting :D

Lestah
17-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Thank you.

GommeInc
17-12-2006, 05:55 PM
With such belief you also find that:

- Meat eaters are destroying nature by killing off animals.
- People cutting grass are destroying habitations for insects that are then fed to animals.

Yes nature is to blame for some aspects of poverty and it is by nature it is like that, but it is human nature to be kind to others or feel sympathy for others at least. Therefore, we give to charity. However, if you really want to moan about humans destroying nature, you can argue about pollution.

I bet you've littered before, been in some sort of transport or done something to cause damage to the environment.
There is deffinately some sort of hypocriticism and contradiction in what you are saying.

However, poverty is mainly down to MEDCs like our country trading from LEDCs unfaily. Thus, fairtrade.

Besides, if you were being serious, you wouldn't donate to Cancer Research, you are preventing nature killing someone, you CRIMINAL :rolleyes:

Lestah
17-12-2006, 06:16 PM
You didn't actually say whether you agreed or not with the OP. Until then, keep relevant :)

GommeInc
17-12-2006, 07:44 PM
It was relevant... And it was hinting how barmy it was, which is negative, which means I disagree...

Jazza
17-12-2006, 08:10 PM
The reason that the population is rising, is that most of africa are catholics, and the pope has said that contraception is immoral, so I believe the pope should be blamed for the problems happening there (AIDS too)

Lestah
17-12-2006, 08:14 PM
It was relevant... And it was hinting how barmy it was, which is negative, which means I disagree...

I can't see anything where you are hinting at that, maybe it's so exceptionally vague I skipped right over it.

The reason that the population is rising, is that most of africa are catholics, and the pope has said that contraception is immoral, so I believe the pope should be blamed for the problems happening there (AIDS too)

Well, although I guess that plays a part, it is minimal. If you put 5000 people, naked, without food, in the middle of a desert, the population wouldn't rise because they were catholic ;) However good point.

RedStratocas
17-12-2006, 11:57 PM
The LAST way that humans are destroying nature is by giving money to charities. If you were really worried about nature, you would be more worried about polution, global warming etc.

Lycan
17-12-2006, 11:59 PM
i agree with the point that its going to be a problem in the future and that is all .

If someone is in aid. you help them get on there feet and help themselves

we are pouring aid into theese countries to they can help themselves

the whole

give a man a fish and he feeds for a day, giving him a fishing rod and teach him how to use it , feed him for a lifetime.

Dan2nd
18-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Poverty was created by human beings but is it not our responsibility (sp?) to try and fix it?

Blinger1
18-12-2006, 02:07 PM
another reason why they have children would be for food, im guessing they use breast juice for milk?

NekkLe
18-12-2006, 02:24 PM
another reason why they have children would be for food, im guessing they use breast juice for milk?

Waa? I don't catch your drift..?

Poverty is down to the plebs who invaded them countries in the first place. They have idiots incharge who feel killing there own people is the way forward, therefore charities can't provide there full help to a country because a certain amount of it goes into someone's pocket.
We've got no hope what so ever if you've got the wrong people in charge, for instance, Bush and his ignorance over global warming.

Now were sending over Goats to each village, how this will help, I don't know but IMO they need to send more over, its not like there close to being extinct. And no, 3rd world countries won't survive off charities forever.

Lestah
18-12-2006, 04:44 PM
give a man a fish and he feeds for a day, giving him a fishing rod and teach him how to use it , feed him for a lifetime.

Yep, exactly.

I will use an example.

A poor village in Africa suddenly gets hold of £5,000,000 donated by charities.
The population of the village is 1000. The people in the village are living in semi-poverty, barely able to get by. With the money, the population of the village rockets to 100,000. The money runs out, 999,000 people die due to starvation. The climate and the land simply cannot sustain the huge population.

mohammed
18-12-2006, 05:55 PM
poverty is so stupid.

back in the day, cavemen managed to build what we have today from nothing through the ages.

why can't them starving africans do the same?

Lestah
18-12-2006, 06:36 PM
poverty is so stupid.

back in the day, cavemen managed to build what we have today from nothing through the ages.

Great point man, great point.

I guess it's probably because of charity :)

Tiuhdur
18-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Apparently, many countries classed as "third-world" contain people living in "poverty". Now, it is these countries that have the fastest rising populations. So, therefore, it's not them in poverty.

Humans running charities etc for "poverty-stricken" countries are criminals. NATURE has kept the population of countries down for a reason, and the country obviously is not fit to maintain levels of human habitation. Now, thanks to idiotic charities and governments pouring money into these countries, the way of nature is being disrupted. These countries can't live off our donations for ever, and when that time comes, when the donations cease, countless people in those countries will do.

So, basically, I believe in Nature's way, and cycles. You give money to charity, you're helping to destroy nature.

Why do you think all these animals in Africa are going extinct? Because of HUMAN overpopulation.

I will donate my charities to something I actually believe is for good, such as Cancer research.

i am with you on everythin you say and my uncle died of cancer so its good you send mony to cancer research +rep

RedStratocas
18-12-2006, 08:10 PM
poverty is so stupid.

Resources. They've got none.

They have a lot of children because of a lack of education. Kinda a vicious cycle.

mohammed
18-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Resources. They've got none.

They have a lot of children because of a lack of education. Kinda a vicious cycle.
you think cavemen had 'resources'?

Luckyrare
18-12-2006, 08:45 PM
What is natural? I think, what ever we choose to do is natural. So there.

NekkLe
18-12-2006, 08:49 PM

I think they did, nothing was spoilt, no-one grazing the land and exporting goods to different countries, more animals. And with a disease that has massacered millions, its alot different.

Ezzie.
19-12-2006, 12:25 AM
With such belief you also find that:

- Meat eaters are destroying nature by killing off animals.
- People cutting grass are destroying habitations for insects that are then fed to animals.

Yes nature is to blame for some aspects of poverty and it is by nature it is like that, but it is human nature to be kind to others or feel sympathy for others at least. Therefore, we give to charity. However, if you really want to moan about humans destroying nature, you can argue about pollution.

I bet you've littered before, been in some sort of transport or done something to cause damage to the environment.
There is deffinately some sort of hypocriticism and contradiction in what you are saying.

However, poverty is mainly down to MEDCs like our country trading from LEDCs unfaily. Thus, fairtrade.

Besides, if you were being serious, you wouldn't donate to Cancer Research, you are preventing nature killing someone, you CRIMINAL :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, the op says that we are killing nature by donating, if we wouldn't be donating and helping our fellow man we'd be killing our own human nature- kindness, empathy, respect for our fellow man

Of course they had resources... did you think there was millions of cave men on the world? Also "cave men" were a different species of human than we were, they couldn't feel as much pain as we could, they were more feral than humans today. Also there weren't many humans about at that time, there were predators who hunted humans

RedStratocas
19-12-2006, 01:13 AM

Yes, they did. Africa used to be much different than it is today.

Ezzie.
19-12-2006, 03:50 AM

many people theorise adam and eve (take this biblically or scientifically) originated from Africa, the original cave men were spread throughout the globe but another species of human appeared which are like what we are now today and they're pretty sure they came from africa .

mohammed
19-12-2006, 07:37 AM
fair enough then.

Lestah
19-12-2006, 03:47 PM

Exactly.
Nature dictates that a species advances, peaks, and then regresses.
For instance, a bird species that eats worms, and a worm species that eats grass.
If the grass runs out, the worms die, and so do the birds. The birds are FED other things, and the population of the birds rockets. Because of gross bird overpopulation, worms die out, birds peak and then all die out, and grass thrives. Nature is completely f'ed.

This is an example set in the animal world of what people are doing in the world today. By giving charity to poverty stricken countries, you're helping the humans I guess, but your downright damning everything else.

Brody
19-12-2006, 03:53 PM
nature is basically the same as fate it is our human races fate to be caring and helpful so it in out nature and people just do what they feel is right to help the other people

Ezzie.
19-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Nature>all imo, if we keep ruining the world we'll get wiped out by nature, simple as that.

Lestah
19-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Nature>all imo, if we keep ruining the world we'll get wiped out by nature, simple as that.

Nature > all, I agree. However, I believe in cycles. It's like a religion for me.

Global warming doesn't bother me. We heat up the planet, we die out, global cooling occurs. Then Earth is passed on to the next generation, and the cycle continues.

Mentor
19-12-2006, 08:15 PM
poverty is so stupid.

Put simply,they did for 1000s of years. What removed there ability to do so was the coloniation from the bigger richer contarys who wanted to spread christanty, and there culture (like in iraq) and make it as they saw it a "better place".
So all the infuctrutre, teachings, technques which allows them to survive are gone (this is a few 100 years ago). Now all thats left is waring factions, in semi westonised squalor, so all the suffering really is down to us... just like it is in iraq, the west has a pretty good track record of ******* up contarys and the cultures "/ There are actualy very few indpendant socitys left, which in a harsh invriment is nessarly.. but the westanised culture is based on inter depenacys, hence why theres so many problems with it, and were still attempting to clean up are mess all these many 100s of years later "/

GommeInc
19-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Put simply,they did for 1000s of years. What removed there ability to do so was the coloniation from the bigger richer contarys who wanted to spread christanty, and there culture (like in iraq) and make it as they saw it a "better place".
So all the infuctrutre, teachings, technques which allows them to survive are gone (this is a few 100 years ago). Now all thats left is waring factions, in semi westonised squalor, so all the suffering really is down to us... just like it is in iraq, the west has a pretty good track record of ******* up contarys and the cultures "/ There are actualy very few indpendant socitys left, which in a harsh invriment is nessarly.. but the westanised culture is based on inter depenacys, hence why theres so many problems with it, and were still attempting to clean up are mess all these many 100s of years later "/
Your example of polution a few days ago at college was good. Humans only hate global warming because it is going to wipe us out. In reality, nature is just doing what it is doing, it is humanity which are against it and think it is bad, while nature is just doing what it is doing.

Lestah
31-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Bump :P (Hope im allowed to do this)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!