PDA

View Full Version : Does winning the lottery change you?

Jazza
17-12-2006, 08:26 PM
A very popular quietstion, I have always believed that if you won the lottery it wouldn't change you but the people around you. I.E people you have met once or twice dropping hints that you want some money. What are your opinions on this?

Sony.Com
17-12-2006, 08:29 PM
I agree with you.
Some people are just greedy, and even if you are their friends, they will just want the money.

In most cases you will be the same person, as long as you don't let the money go to ur head, and let ur head swell.. just let ur bank account do that:p

GommeInc
17-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes. I used to be friends with someone who wasn't too well off. He was quite cool and his family were nice. Then he won the lottery and turned into a mustard (b word rhyming with it). He now hangs around with the chavvy lot that used to go to my school.

tekni
17-12-2006, 08:36 PM
It does, no matter if you say you wont' change you will.

It's life.

RedStratocas
17-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Yes, it might not change you, but it always changes people around you.

Dan2nd
17-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Alot of people fall out over money

NekkLe
18-12-2006, 02:27 PM
People who have won the lottery said that they'd rather not have won it, the attention of old friends, press and overall boredom has driven them into depression. But i suppose its how you deal with the money.

So yes, it does change you and people around you.

Caution
18-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Depends on your personality. ;]

Lycan
18-12-2006, 02:48 PM
nope, my xgf won it shes still the lying selfish ***** she used to be just now she doesn't have to lie about what she has or steal money from me :)

good things happen to bad people... remember that :)

Polly-alyssa
18-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I doubt it would change the person, but obviously it would change their lifestyle and affect the people around them. If i were to win the lottery, depending on the amount, i would give a bit to friends and family, but other than that, i would not broadcast the fact too much.

Tiuhdur
18-12-2006, 07:22 PM
yes it changes everyone around you and if you give it away it changes you makein you a beter person

NekkLe
18-12-2006, 08:51 PM
yes it changes everyone around you and if you give it away it changes you makein you a beter person

I think it depends on the person, whether there generous enough to give some of it to a charity, yes thats a good deed but they could still be a bad person.

omgDAN!
18-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't know what you mean by change.

If won lots then we would have change by getting a bigger house, faster car, private school.
That would change my lifestyle but I wouldn't be stuck up, and I wouldn't ignore my friends.

RedStratocas
24-12-2006, 10:11 PM

Yeah, its true. Which is sad. I know the cure for cancer: Be a complete jerk your entire life, and you'll live till youre 120 and you wont even get a cold.

brandon
24-12-2006, 10:14 PM
People who have won the lottery said that they'd rather not have won it, the attention of old friends, press and overall boredom has driven them into depression. But i suppose its how you deal with the money.

So yes, it does change you and people around you.
When you say media/press etc you don't actually have to have all the hype around your win. You can chose to go private about your lottery win.

Fonejacker
25-12-2006, 05:29 AM
nope, my xgf won it shes still the lying selfish ***** she used to be just now she doesn't have to lie about what she has or steal money from me :)

lol shes nice

luke-p
25-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Good peopele wouldent change .. *******s would change... Youj learn who your true friends are thou if they changed there attitude to you then **** them yoi dont need them, but the ones that treat you ther same keep them! :D

-Dispute
25-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeh it would make you arragant....cbb typing loads..when arragants around. :P

Mr Me
04-01-2007, 04:49 AM
You might think you dont change but you will because you start to hang around with the wrong group and thats what changes you

Papershop
04-01-2007, 11:10 PM
but if you have won the lottery, then some people are jelous, and they CHANGE around you. you have no otpion to change, because you feel uncomfortable.
People who change because they have more money are just *****

Jordy
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
It really depends on how much you won.

If you won a euro millions £120,000,000 your immidiately going to be stuck up and your life is changed for ever, and generations of your family is. ALL of your friends and distant family like auntie Margaret who lives in China and you only met her once are you going to be begging for money.

If you won say
£3,000,000 I know it sounds a lot, but it's not that life changing, you can get a nice house though.

Browney
05-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I would love to say no. "I will be entirely the same." But no, I will get stuck up and probably lose my friends. Money, or the lack of it, does strange things to people.

Rou
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
it was in the sun after a women won the euro millions , before and after. After she looked so much Healthier

Browney
05-01-2007, 06:08 PM
it was in the sun after a women won the euro millions , before and after. After she looked so much Healthier

Probably because now she can afford some shampoo etc.

Papershop
05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
lol yea its called liposuction

Djcafc.
05-01-2007, 09:50 PM
of couse it does getting an extra £500,0000 in your life would change everyone

,Jess,
05-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't think you can say it wouldn't change you because in some way it would it could be good or bad like you could become really stuck up but you could also use your money to help people less fortunate

MADNESS!
06-01-2007, 01:41 AM
It will defently change you

itll change your prospect on life,
the people around you,
the way you act,
the way people act towards you

i dont hink youll ever be treated the same if you do win the lottery

Rou
06-01-2007, 02:20 AM
Probably because now she can afford some shampoo etc.

haha. No i dont mean cleaner etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!