PDA

View Full Version : My mum

-Undiscovered
17-12-2006, 10:55 PM
well my mum drinks everynight, about 1-2 bottles a night, she acts all weird after, spills it on news carpets ( red wine) and is sick all over the place...we try telling her that she has a problem but she doesnt see it...how can we tell her she has a problem

rnix
17-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Get her sme professionail help or sumit and tell her straight "Mum if u dont stop drinking im leaving forever" somethign that WILL get to her

-Undiscovered
18-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks but we tried, she promises she wont and now she drinks behind our backs we counted the bottles two were gone....and my dad cant do the food shopping so she has to so she buys bottles and we cant hide them anywhere she fineds them.

Demi
18-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Just actually leave for a while?!
You and your Dad, to get to her?

Not sure to be honest..

Sorry x

rnix
18-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Take all her money away and get ur dad to give her just the amount shes needs for some food :)

Casanova
18-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes, clever idea... leave money for food and expect her to go buy some food.

People only notice a problem once it's too late, they know it and they deny themselves the truth. Everyone sugar coats and always will. What you have to do is show her it's affecting you and your family, show her she'll easily lose everything she has.

If it doesn't work, speak with your dad and tell him you can't handle this, ask to stay somewhere else for a few days and ask him to sort the problem.

-Undiscovered
18-12-2006, 12:46 PM
he did that before she just drank more because of stress...my life is so messed up with all of this because when she makes a accident y dad goes sick and calls her a 'ducking' **** head and wineo and takes it to far and she cries and drinks more...its so upsetting seeing my mum cry and she wakes up, not knowing what she did at all...and she gets dead ****y when she drunk, im just scared she will go driving when shes been drinking or somthing...two bottles a night is bad...shes started drinkin in the day time aswell...

Dan2nd
18-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Just actually leave for a while?!
You and your Dad, to get to her?

Not sure to be honest..

Sorry x

not a good idea she might get depressed and drink more !

Casanova
18-12-2006, 01:29 PM
support her and help her get through it.

It could be worse, 2 bottles isn't too bad. My brother drank that and was only slightly drunk, and he was 15... then again body captivity and stuf.

-Undiscovered
18-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeh I know its not bad but she gets drunked fast..so thats like too much

also its costing alot of money and where not rolling in it she has like 14 bottles a week

oh yeh and she has that much within a hour

DiscoPat
18-12-2006, 03:16 PM
If I were you, I would talk to a doctor, and ask whats the best thing to do, because maybe if you do or say somthing wrong it might be worse? Phone the Doctor ask for appointment.

-Undiscovered
18-12-2006, 03:21 PM
thanks but she doesnt understand that she has a problem

risque
18-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I agree with Casanova for once, don't listen to those who are saying "just run away for a bit, say you're leaving" because none of that works, seriously. You just have to take every situation as it comes tbh, and when she's drunk - walk past her and completely dismiss the fact she's there; walk straight past her. She'll probably realise that it's effecting others and not just herself.

CrabRacket
23-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Ok, I am going through with exactly what your going through. What ever you do, set goals and stuff through the week and give it a try. Never say anything like you'll kill yourself and stuff because trust me, it won't work.
Try the AA club for a while until your mum starts to cut down but make sure it lasts for three months. Usually, its religious and stuff.
My mum has started moving onto stronger stuff (from wine to coniac) and brandy.
When she is sober, talk to her and make her feel relaxed and stuff. Don't badger her since it doesn't work. Make breakfast and plenty of water but at the same time DONT agree to her limits being normal.
My mum only has to drink a few glasses of wine and shes topsy turvy. Remember, if she starts to get the shakes in the mornings, there really isn't much hope. So don't stop trying! Please!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!