PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo Wii, Buying one soon, I want some opinions from people who own One.

Josh-H
19-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Well as I will probably be having a wii to go next to my 360 soon, I want some opinions on it. Please try to cover:

If the controller is just a gimmick, or it has lasting value
Is it revolutionary?
Are the graphics as bad as they look?
Whats the best games, in your opinion.
Other information
Your general view on it.

kano
19-12-2006, 07:48 PM
i would also like to know for the same reasons as josh

SimplyTech
19-12-2006, 07:55 PM
If the controller is just a gimmick, or it has lasting value - Lasting value
Is it revolutionary? - Yes
Are the graphics as bad as they look? -Yes between xbox and the 360
Whats the best games, in your opinion. - Red steel + twilight princess
Other information - Web browser out friday and it supports flash so FLASH GAMES WITH THE WIIMOTE
Your general view on it. - Amazing go try it in game although youll play wii sports which isnt great its still fun and red steel takes bout 1/2 hour to get used to and in that period its hell

Charles
19-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Lasting value

Is it revolutionary?
Yes

No

Zelda: Twilight Princess & Red Steel

Other information
It's amazing.

Your general view on it.
It's amazing.

:)

Neversoft
19-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Is the controller is just a gimmick, or it has lasting value? - The controller is very complex and works extremly well with basically all the Wii games I have played. It is for real, no joke. Amazing controller, lastin value.

Is it revolutionary? - Very.

Are the graphics as bad as they look? - No. Although I think they could have been better, they are not aweful.

Whats the best games, in your opinion. - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Other information - There is plenty to do on the Wii. You will have LOADS of fun playing it.

Your general view on it. - It is what I expected and more. Although I am abit disappointed that I couldn't get the game I wanted as it was 'delayed'. :P Anyway, excellent console. I recommend it.

GommeInc
19-12-2006, 09:18 PM
The controller is excellent, deffinately has a losting value.

It is very revolutionary, it makes you more involved with gaming, and gives you more actions to interact with what you do on screen (in some games).

The graphics are good, it depends if you are a graphics fanatic. They're not great, but they're not bad.

Zelda and Red Steel are fun. Wii Sports is really just to get you used to the console, not really something you take too seriously with proper actions.

The Forecast channel has arrived today on the Wii, you can create Miis which are characters that can feature on Wii Sports and Wii Play. They're fun. It also has a message board which people you have allowed as friends can add messages on, and Nintendo can add updates and news too on it!

It's alot of fun, makes you fit too in the arms ;)

Neversoft
19-12-2006, 10:09 PM
I hurt my arm playing Wii Sports :P But playing Zelda doesn't tire you out at all, supprisingly!

GommeInc
19-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I hurt my arm playing Wii Sports :P But playing Zelda doesn't tire you out at all, supprisingly!
I hurt my arm and chest because I pulled the muscles. That's when I was being too vicious with it. I couldn't lift anything or hold my arm out for more than 5 seconds. Very painful.

DJ-Ali
19-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Before I start, I don't own one (Will soon). But I have played them many times.

If the controller is just a gimmick, or it has lasting value - Lasting Value

Is it revolutionary? - Yeah I would think so

Are the graphics as bad as they look? - The graphics are okay. Graphics arn't everything ya know. It's the game that counts.

Whats the best games, in your opinion. - Legend of Zelda, Wii Sports (Comes free with console), Red Steel & Super Monkey ball

Other information
On the Wii main console, you can make a thing called Mii's. And they can appear in such games as Wii Sports. You can also by a memory disk for photo's. Oh, and you can also go on the internet too! :)

Your general view on it.
It's a great console no doubt. It will satisfy users for years to come. I'm getting one for Christmas, so I can't wait. But from what I've played, it's really worth it!

PaulMacC
19-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Lasting Value
Is it revolutionary?
I'd say so
No they're an improvement from GC
Zelda : TP and Super Smash Bros.
Other information
The VC Rcks , Forecast Channel brought out today , Internet FRIDAY :eusa_danc
Your general view on it.
Rock's xP

Josh-H
20-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks for that guys. nobody has had a bad word to say about it which is excellent :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!