PDA

View Full Version : WI-FI HELP!

Fonejacker
20-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I just brought Wi-fi for my DS i've installed it all now it says

(USE YOUR NINTENDO WI-FI CONNECTION SETTINGS TO CONNECT)

So :) What do i do now

adm
20-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm only guessing, but I think you should
USE YOUR NINTENDO WI-FI CONNECTION SETTINGS TO CONNECT

cocaine
20-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I think you may need to USE YOUR NINTENDO WI-FI CONNECTION SETTINGS TO CONNECT

Fonejacker
20-12-2006, 09:26 PM
:S No Shizzle I found it thanks for nothing...

adm
20-12-2006, 09:50 PM
it was pretty self-explanatry.

you only had to use your brain, or is that too much?

Edited by J1MI (Super Moderator) - Please don't insult other forum members.

GommeInc
20-12-2006, 09:51 PM
You 2 are the most unhelpful people I've seen on this forum for ages. Such stupid behaviour this is, actually help?! Stupid comments make the one commenting stupid too ;)

Anyway, I shall help, but I have a feeling you've figured it out.

Turn on your DS > pick the game you are going to use e.g. Animal Crossing > Settings (or equivalent) > Wi-Fi settings > Input your networks WEP code and you're done as far as I am aware :D

It was pretty self-explanatry.

you only had to use your brain, or is that too much?
So why waste time and pointlessly/thoughtlessly post? Stupid really...

Edited by J1MI (Super Moderator) - Please don't insult other forum members.

cocaine
20-12-2006, 09:55 PM
You 2 are the most unhelpful people I've seen on this forum for ages. Such stupid behaviour this is, actually help?! Stupid comments make the one commenting stupid too ;)

Well if it says 'Connect via settings' or w/e it said, then maybe you should do that?

GommeInc
20-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Well if it says 'Connect via settings' or w/e it said, then maybe you should do that?
Why couldn't you of said that earlier to him rather than make a fool out of him and yourself AND take 2 replies to actually say it? :rolleyes:

adm
20-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Why couldn't you of said that earlier to him rather than make a fool out of him and yourself AND take 2 replies to actually say it? :rolleyes:
we did.

cocaine
20-12-2006, 09:58 PM

Why would I have needed to say that when the answer is clearly infront of him?

Caution
20-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Why would he ask if he already knew?

cocaine
20-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Why would he ask if he already knew?

Well, no offence, but the answer is clearly infront of him? :s

I don't get how he cannot work it out..

Caution
20-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, no offence, but the answer is clearly infront of him? :s

I don't get how he cannot work it out..
Lol. Maybe he's a slow learner...:P

GommeInc
20-12-2006, 10:01 PM
we did.

I'm only guessing, but I think you should
Quote:
No that is telling him what he should do, rather than helping him :rolleyes:

Why waste a post then if that is the case?

The answer isn't actually infront of him, you have to go through the game, settings etc. You would actually think to connect to the Wi-Fi settings you could go direct into the options on the DS main menu, but strangely you can't.

adm
20-12-2006, 10:03 PM
what's telling him what to do if it's not helping him?

cocaine
20-12-2006, 10:05 PM
The answer isn't actually infront of him, you have to go through the game, settings etc. You would actually think to connect to the Wi-Fi settings you could go direct into the options on the DS main menu, but strangely you can't.

Well maybe you could have not wasted 2 posts & told him that instead of quoting me (& spelling my name wrong :rolleyes:) to tell me otherwise.

GommeInc
20-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Notice the difference in this strange example.

Eat your sweetcorn - Telling.

Pick up the sweetcorn with your fork and put it in your mouth, chew and swallow (maybe some physical help to) - Helping.

Figure it out. Now here is a more fitting example.

Connect with the Wi-Fi settings - Telling.

Connect with the Wi-Fi settings by going to the game, then options, then settings then input the proper codes to connect to the internet with your DS/Wii. - Helping.

Well maybe you could have not wasted 2 posts & told him that instead of quoting me (& spelling my name wrong ) to tell me otherwise.
Does it really matter if I spelt your name wrong? No it doesn't, because it was clear who I was talking to :rolleyes: Try not to be smart, it just doesn't work when you are obviously wrong.

I was telling you what you should of done, but your pure ignorance of forum rules doesn't appeal to you, or actually helping out others in fact.

cocaine
20-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I was telling you what you should of done, but your pure ignorance of forum rules doesn't appeal to you, or actually helping out others in fact.

Well follow your own advice then and stop wasting posts & actually tell him what to do, rather than creating an argument that I frankly don't want to be in.

GommeInc
20-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Well follow your own advice then and stop wasting posts & actually tell him what to do, rather than creating an argument that I frankly don't want to be in.
Then why start it? And I did help, unlike you :rolleyes: You've also wasted more posts if you are going to play that game.

Turn on your DS > pick the game you are going to use e.g. Animal Crossing > Settings (or equivalent) > Wi-Fi settings > Input your networks WEP code and you're done as far as I am aware
This is what he does need to do, better than your unhelpful advice of stating the obvious.

adm
20-12-2006, 10:21 PM
i think
is stating the obvious.

it's even in caps.

Fonejacker
20-12-2006, 10:21 PM

Anyway, I shall help, but I have a feeling you've figured it out.

Turn on your DS > pick the game you are going to use e.g. Animal Crossing > Settings (or equivalent) > Wi-Fi settings > Input your networks WEP code and you're done as far as I am aware :D

So why waste time and pointlessly/thoughtlessly post? Stupid really...

Thanks I already Worked it out but +rep for being helpful

cocaine
20-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry then GommeInc :rolleyes:, this is just for you.

Try to find your connecting settings, and find the wireless infrastructure mode from there.

GommeInc
20-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks I already Worked it out but +rep for being helpful
My pleasure :)

In reply to adm, yes it was. But you never did help him, stating the obvious isn't help...

adm
20-12-2006, 10:25 PM
My pleasure :)

In reply to adm, yes it was. But you never did help him, stating the obvious isn't help...
it's obvious.

it's like saying to someone, open that door.

and without being to specific they do it :s

GommeInc
20-12-2006, 10:28 PM
But saying connect through wi-fi settings isn't helpful? You never said how to do it, you just stated in a brief way what he has to do...

Fonejacker
20-12-2006, 10:30 PM
it's obvious.

it's like saying to someone, open that door.

and without being to specific they do it :s

But i asked for help not for u to repeat what i already posted and it was quite obvious i didn't know what it meant eles i wouldn't of posted it...

It was somthing i hadn't done before and was confused, GommeInc was right i first asumed you had to go to the options on the Main Menu on the DS.

SimplyTech
20-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Gommeinc is right its not as simple as it looks its like saying how do you make a web layout in photoshop and you going you make a web layout in photoshop

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!