PDA

View Full Version : [PROJECT] Webdesign monthly?

SimplyTech
20-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I think we should together all make a webdesign online monthly magazine with things like
Tutorials
free resources
advertising for sites
competitions etc
It would be a flash booklet so you click next and the page folds over kinda thing so it looks cool
So it would be like
<Front cover>
Page.1-Photoshop tutorial
Page.2-Flash tutorial
Page.3-Coding tutorial
Page.4-Resources
Page.5-Competition
Page.6-Advertising
Page.7-Next month

It would stick to this format but a new issue would be released every month so on page 1 there would always be a photoshop tutorial and on page 2 there would always be a flash tutorial etc.

Edited by Reformed (Forum Moderator) - Thread closed to stop further arguements developing and the thread is off topic.

Colin-Roberts
20-12-2006, 10:43 PM
ill help.. it sounds like a cool idea..

SimplyTech
20-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Right so we need someone to design the booklet [Ill do the flash for it]
Tutorial writers who can write to a good quality
and a few advertisments :)

Mentor
20-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I dont really see how 3 monthly tutorals is really going to fly so well, its an interesting idea, but i think you need to exspand the content, a few articles, tips and tricks, Write in Q/A section maybe etc, 7 pages aint really a magasine "/ and a single page isnt gona fit a decent tutoral.

adm
20-12-2006, 11:00 PM
tacky idea imo.

needs to be thought through properly but good luck :D

Lycan
20-12-2006, 11:10 PM
you've been reading pratical webdesign and .net havn't you

pfft.

- sounds like a unorignal idea... but still good luck mate :)

redtom
20-12-2006, 11:31 PM
I'll help, you should have a welcome page before going to this months mag where people can pick if they want to go to an older mag, the page should redirct to the new mag after about 10 secs.

EDIT: I'm going to have a go at making a cover for the mag, I'll make it more like a real mag then a web page.

DiscoPat
21-12-2006, 12:13 AM
erm, good luck mate, if i understood webdesign ide help but soz

redtom
21-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Heres my try at a cover what do you think?

WARNING

Its A4 size so it might take a while to load

Link (full Size):

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8488/covernk7.png

Thumbnail:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8488/covernk7.th.png (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=covernk7.png)

I'll have to change the sizes of everything if you want to use it.

Note: Theres a couple of empty spaces but that would be where images would go.

Kymux
21-12-2006, 02:21 AM
^^ That's sexy.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 02:28 AM
More then three tutorials.. and maybe a showcase?

redtom
21-12-2006, 02:32 AM
^^ That's sexy.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Its nice.. you spelt whole wrong :p Its whole not hole

i think its too plain tbh.. yours +rep for trying but.. hmm idk :P

haha your going to laugh at this but Miley Cyrus uses this kind of thing
http://www.mileycyrus.com/movies/index.htm

redtom
21-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Its nice.. you spelt whole wrong :p Its whole not hole

i think its too plain tbh.. yours +rep for trying but.. hmm idk :P

Well its 2 in the morning and I'm half asleep, I thought it was werid lol, If I had some images to use on it. it would't look as plain, but I cba looking for them at this time, might do it tomorrow.

Thanks

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 01:01 PM
you've been reading pratical webdesign and .net havn't you

pfft.

- sounds like a unorignal idea... but still good luck mate :)
No????
Umm yeh it will be more than 7 pages but that was just an example
+VERY VERY NICE cover but not really that clean

:Blob
21-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Dont make it flash.

Colin-Roberts
21-12-2006, 01:27 PM
correct me if im wrong but couldnt it be done using ajax & dhtml?

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Dont make it flash.
Why?
I will be using a code similar to this one
http://www.oreillynet.com/javascript/2004/09/03/graphics/pageTurn04.swf

21-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Why?
I will be using a code similar to this one
http://www.oreillynet.com/javascript/2004/09/03/graphics/pageTurn04.swf

Cos it will lag like hell

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 05:33 PM
No it wont do you realise how small flash files are?

Mentor
21-12-2006, 05:41 PM
For a webbased site people are gona want to be able to copy past, select text, flash stops people doing this alot of the time, hence is annoying.
Plus i get the feeling its not gona do any resizeing so will look to small in most browsers.

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 05:44 PM
For a webbased site people are gona want to be able to copy past, select text, flash stops people doing this alot of the time, hence is annoying.
Plus i get the feeling its not gona do any resizeing so will look to small in most browsers.
It depends what form of text they use i use static so you can copy and paste it and i will make it largeish but not to big

RNelson
21-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Nice idea I will help if you want me too just contact me on msn or something.

Thanks
Ryan Nelson

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Nice idea I will help if you want me too just contact me on msn or something.

Thanks
Ryan Nelson
ok i will :)

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Ill help (Do the PHP backend part)

Contact me

Kevin

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 06:58 PM
CRAP IDEA.

You need a huge team, with alot of money, and alot of input from people OTHER THAN NOOBS

Edited by -legoman- (Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members, Thanks :]

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 06:59 PM
CRAP IDEA.

You need a huge team, with alot of money, and alot of input from people OTHER THAN NOOBS
We are not all noobs.

?? Just because you can design a template doesn't mean you are all elite

Tekn
21-12-2006, 07:07 PM
CRAP IDEA.

speak for yourself.

Mentor
21-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Just to be sure ive disagreed with everbody..

We are not all noobs.

?? Just because you can design a template doesn't mean you are all elite
At what point did he ever state he was eleite? all he said is he thinks the ideas crap, and most the contributers are noobs?

speak for yourself.
So what your saying is, you think a load of noobs are a good team to be makeing an E-Mag

CRAP IDEA.

Not really, a small magaisn can work with a very limited budget, especal when working as an E-Mag, as opposed to a printed version, which has alot of printing costs.
Also you dont nessarly need a big team, many major magisnes started out in very small groups, 5 or 6 at largest, In some cases only a single person "/

Tekn
21-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I never said that.

I'm saying that if you don't give anyone a chance - which, ultimatly is what Joe is doing then no-one will get anywhere.

You need to let people experiment, and give them advice.

Telling them 'it's gonna be rubbish' isn't going to help them in anyway.

Give them advice, don't **** them off.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Just to be sure ive disagreed with everbody..

At what point did he ever state he was eleite? all he said is he thinks the ideas crap, and most the contributers are noobs?

So what your saying is, you think a load of noobs are a good team to be makeing an E-Mag

Not really, a small magaisn can work with a very limited budget, especal when working as an E-Mag, as opposed to a printed version, which has alot of printing costs.
Also you dont nessarly need a big team, many major magisnes started out in very small groups, 5 or 6 at largest, In some cases only a single person "/
At no time did he. But he should have included himself in that comment. As he is contributing nothing. Why post then?

I dont think it should be in flash... maybe html + dhtml + php/mysql based system

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 07:20 PM
What would be the point of an "E-Mag" ? Especially one run by teenagers with no idea about the workings of a company, or what they are talking about.

If I wanted to see tutorials, I would go to Pixel2Life.
If I wanted to see something witty, I'd go to The Guardian.
If I wanted to see something witty, and design-ish, I would look on a webdesign forum .

What makes you think I would look at a poorly made "E-Mag"?

Certainly, E-Mag's would cut down on printing costs, but then, you wouldnt get any profit.

And as for a team of people, do you really think 5-6 of the people of this forum could produce something intellectual, interesting, relevant, and worth reading? I highly doubt this. Maybe 30-50 of them would produce something that is worth a whole 20 seconds of my time

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Well if this is not worth your time.. go away?

Tekn
21-12-2006, 07:23 PM
What would be the point of an "E-Mag" ? Especially one run by teenagers with no idea about the workings of a company, or what they are talking about.

If I wanted to see tutorials, I would go to Pixel2Life.
If I wanted to see something witty, and design-ish, I would look on a webdesign forum .

What makes you think I would look at a poorly made "E-Mag"?

Certainly, E-Mag's would cut down on printing costs, but then, you wouldnt get any profit.

And as for a team of people, do you really think 5-6 of the people of this forum could produce something intellectual, interesting, relevant, and worth reading? I highly doubt this. Maybe 30-50 of them would produce something that is worth a whole 20 seconds of my time
if i need a website design, i'd go to: http://www.cj-design.com/

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Did you even read what I said?

I dont have to go anywhere, and I certainly wont be taken advice from you

Tekn - Point being ...

I have a good rapour with a large company, and get all the work I want. I was peviously unindated. I turned down 12 jobs in the last 6 weeks. I now have several larger jobs on teh go

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:25 PM
But what is the point of you posting in here if you have nothing but whining to contribute?

Your certainly not helping anyone by whining about where you can go to get this?

Just because it doesn't help you doesn't mean it won't help someone else

Tekn
21-12-2006, 07:26 PM
you sound like a big shot, so act like one.

get off habbo forums and design.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:29 PM
This is a Habbo forum.. Habbo(x).

Its turning into more of a marketplace everyday. If you are such a big shot you should be out on your 'jobs' that are so big.

Not on a Habbo forum

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 07:29 PM
you sound like a big shot, so act like one.

get off habbo forums and design.
Good point and you are full of them so your on my respected list now ;).
Not everyone on here are noobs and who said its confined just to this forum? Lots of people can write tutorials i mean look at thybag.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Bag is great.. and he helps almost anyone who asks.

He is one of the only mature 'older' ones here.

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 07:31 PM
I am on here, as I have nothing better to do at the moment.

I have 4 months of IT coursework to complete in 2 weeks, a piece of English Courseowkr, and revision for French, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

I am not whining, I am saying, what the hell would be the point of it?
An E-Mag will generate little, if any profit.
It wouldnt get many hits, as something made by teenagers wont be interesting, informative, or relevant, as most of people on here have no idea about it themselves.

I was on here, posting some designs for free, but it seems when I say "LMAO NOOBS" I get an infraction, even though I write alot of improvements etc.

So how about, if you dont like my "whining", you leave.

I dont have to act like anything just because you say so.

Well, jsut to prove something to you idiots. Im 15, right. These is my monthly income:
September: &#163;100
October: &#163;300
November: &#163;500* oweing to me. I originally put &#163;280, but I forgot one site
December: &#163;500
TO COME:
January: &#163;3,500. (I actually only get &#163;1200)

I worked it out the other day, and because I can do it quickly, I earn on average just over &#163;30 per hour.

I turned down 12 jobs, as I have other commitments. Now, it may jsut be me, but for a whining 15 year old, it isnt bad

Swastika
21-12-2006, 07:31 PM
"Especially one run by teenagers"
Your 15 which makes you a teenager. "Especially one run by teenagers" gives out the impression that you think teenagers are somewhat stupid, yet you are one.

"If I wanted to see tutorials, I would go to Pixel2Life.
If I wanted to see something witty, and design-ish, I would look on a webdesign forum ."
How about you go to one of those sites right now because you never offer some positive feedback here?

"What makes you think I would look at a poorly made "E-Mag"?"
I strongly doubt the thread makers first thourght was "Hey if i make a online mag - Joe Commins will love it!".
Stop saying "I wouldnt do this, i wouldnt do that" - We dont care what you would and would not do.

"Certainly, E-Mag's would cut down on printing costs, but then, you wouldnt get any profit."
Profit isnt everything you know, mr bigshot. Take a charity for example, they dont exactly make profits - yet they offer something useful, same with this online mag.

"And as for a team of people, do you really think 5-6 of the people of this forum could produce something intellectual, interesting, relevant, and worth reading? I highly doubt this. Maybe 30-50 of them would produce something that is worth a whole 20 seconds of my time."
If the 5-6 people worked hard enough, of couse they could make something realy good.
Again with the "my time", nobody cares dude - go somewhere else.

To the thread starter:
Go ahead and make this magazine, if its successful, it would proove alot of stuck up morons on this forum wrong.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Maybe they are not doing this for profit?

Maybe they want to help people succeed in their online web development.

Maybe they are not like you ;)

@ J&#170;mie: WOW! Burn.. +REP!

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Bag is great.. and he helps almost anyone who asks.

He is one of the only mature 'older' ones here.
Yeh i agree but lets not go off on a tangent.Jamie and you dentafrice also seem to constantly set an example on the forum so your on my list now too.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Yeh i agree but lets not go off on a tangent.

Lets not =]

Your 15 which makes you a teenager. "Especially one run by teenagers" gives out the impression that you think teenagers are somewhat stupid, yet you are one.

If I wanted to see something witty, and design-ish, I would look on a webdesign forum ."
How about you go to one of those sites right now because you never offer some positive feedback here?

I strongly doubt the thread makers first thourght was "Hey if i make a online mag - Joe Commins will love it!".
Stop saying "I wouldnt do this, i wouldnt do that" - We dont care what you would and would not do.

"Certainly, E-Mag's would cut down on printing costs, but then, you wouldnt get any profit."
Profit isnt everything you know, mr bigshot. Take a charity for example, they dont exactly make profits - yet they offer something useful, same with this online mag.

"And as for a team of people, do you really think 5-6 of the people of this forum could produce something intellectual, interesting, relevant, and worth reading? I highly doubt this. Maybe 30-50 of them would produce something that is worth a whole 20 seconds of my time."
If the 5-6 people worked hard enough, of couse they could make something realy good.

To the thread starter:
Go ahead and make this magazine, if its successful, it would proove alot of stuck up morons on this forum wrong.

That is a huge burn. I agree with you totally.

Swastika
21-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Thank you at both of you :)

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:40 PM
No prob.

Seems he took our advice and either went offline to work or left this thread :P

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Right so you can carry on going on at joe if you wish
MODERATORS I DO NOT MIND ABOUT THIS SO DO NOT EDIT OR GIVE OUT INFRACTIONS OR WHATEVER FOR BEING OFFTOPIC

But anyway can people pm me if they wanna help thanks :)

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Im PMING you now..

we can keep going on about joe..! But only when he replies back :P

Swastika
21-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Will do, PMing you now.

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 07:46 PM
LMAO @ Caleb. He tried to NEG REP, saying:

We are not all noobs. -rep, Caleb
He actually gave me +REP. How ironic

So, you dont think my opinion counts?

I think the majority of teenagers on this forum are stupid, yes. Whats your point?

I never offer positive feedback? If there was something worth it, I may. I was giving free, crappy templates to help some of you people out, until I get pointless infractions, which makes me think, why should I try and be nice to anyone?

You cant tell me to say typing anything. I can type what I like, thanks to freedom of expression. And if I woudlnt do that, and waste my time on it, then why would other people? For everyone like me who thinks its a crap idea, theres someone who will think its great. However, the people sharing my view are the correct ones. Why would you look at a magazine, an e-magazine at that, made by teenagers who cant do half the things themselves? It wouldnt be popular in any way.

Profit is everything you moron. How does the world go around? Of cause charities make profit. People running NON-PROFIT ORGANISATIONS need money to live. People running them dont give every penny away you know. Like charity cards. They cost upto £4 each, yet only 20-something-p actually goes to charity. Weath "profit" is in terms of cash, or knowledge, you are profitting from making it. Not EVERYTHING is about money. The majority is, but thers always taht minority

If I wouldnt sit and read it, why would someone more intellectual and someone who knows more about it read it? Your appealing to a very small audience, and so, if you ever get it up, I would be willing to put money on you quitting within 5 full editions. "My Time" means something to me. If I woudlnt waste MY TIME on it, theres other people who wouldnt waste THEIR TIME on it.

Honestly, you critise me, yet you people have no idea about business, or what your talking about yourselves for taht matter

Mentor
21-12-2006, 07:46 PM
I am on here, as I have nothing better to do at the moment.

I have 4 months of IT coursework to complete in 2 weeks, a piece of English Courseowkr, and revision for French, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
You sir, have it easy.

I am not whining, I am saying, what the hell would be the point of it?
An E-Mag will generate little, if any profit.
It wouldnt get many hits, as something made by teenagers wont be interesting, informative, or relevant, as most of people on here have no idea about it themselves.
Your first error here, is you take a busness eye view of the situation. Sure in busness terms, what you said is exsactly right, but in this instance we are on a "community forum", hence a comminty effort is quite likely the basis of the project, not the attempt at profit, The Aims, are enjoyment and fun, this as a hobby, not as a carear.

I was on here, posting some designs for free, but it seems when I say "LMAO NOOBS" I get an infraction, even though I write alot of improvements etc.
here i complety agree with you, alot of the moderators seem to lack the ablty to retain many of the rule changes in the mind, and have started adding overzellus and misplaced warnings haphasardly in detriment to the community, theres little more to say on it other than its pathetic, but everyone already knew that.

-the rest-Tbh i really dont care

Yeh i agree but lets not go off on a tangent.Jamie and you dentafrice also seem to constantly set an example on the forum so your on my list now too.
Ok, I dont actualy give a flying **** about your list which you seem compelled to constantly bring up. If you want to tell them somthing, use the PM system or at least add something relivant to the discussion in your post.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:49 PM
You sir, have it easy.

Your first error here, is you take a busness eye view of the situation. Sure in busness terms, what you said is exsactly right, but in this instance we are on a "community forum", hence a comminty effort is quite likely the basis of the project, not the attempt at profit, The Aims, are enjoyment and fun, this as a hobby, not as a carear.

here i complety agree with you, alot of the moderators seem to lack the ablty to retain many of the rule changes in the mind, and have started adding overzellus and misplaced warnings haphasardly in detriment to the community, theres little more to say on it other than its pathetic, but everyone already knew that.

Tbh i really dont care

Ok, I dont actualy give a flying **** about your list which you seem compelled to constantly bring up. If you want to tell them somthing, use the PM system or at least add something relivant to the discussion in your post.
Agreed with most of it.

OmG! OMG I accidently made a mistake wow!

How bout we just go back to the start and ill -rep you this time.. then you wont have anything from me?

EDIT: Well I cant.. your stuck with 5 free rep points then.. :s

This isnt a business forum.. its a community.. go buy VIP and make you a VIP business subforum and dont bring it to our webdesign forum :@

Swastika
21-12-2006, 07:51 PM
@Joe:
Im taking business at school for the second year running so i know alot about businesses, thank you.
Dont tell me what i do and dont know you fool.

Tekn
21-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Jamie ;)

And ozzie, you do know who I am?

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Joe continues to agitate me.

He thinks we are all noobs because he thinks we do not know this "business" he keeps speaking of.

And how do you know we don't? How do you know we are not in college right now taking it? Are you stalking us and looking through our records at our classes?

I am currently taking business. I am in my third year running.

Don't tell me what I can/can't do or what I know/don't know.

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Your first error here, is you take a busness eye view of the situation. Sure in busness terms, what you said is exsactly right, but in this instance we are on a "community forum", hence a comminty effort is quite likely the basis of the project, not the attempt at profit, The Aims, are enjoyment and fun, this as a hobby, not as a carear.Even so, there are cost involved. Hosting for a start.

You need profit. Without it, you have nothing. Weath this is in monetry or knowledge, the same applies.

By making it, you gain knowledge, hence incresing your portfolio or experiance, and so, inadvertantly, you will gain form it. However, without money, you have no-where to expand to, and so the project can never progress

If you were studing busines, you would know that he needs money. To employee people if he ever needs. To expand. TO pay the basic cost.

One way of another, you need a benefactor, but your not going to get any for a non-profit, teenage site

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Jamie ;)

And ozzie, you do know who I am?
Of course not mr blobby :)
Mentor you dont care about my list so why comment on it?
Joe maybe we are doing this for FUN have you heard about it? for the benefit of others and for experience. No i dont need money i have &#163;400 in the bank and will get more for xmas so im sure that covers hosting.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Yes maybe we are doing this for fun?

Not everything revolves around profit. What If someone provided hosting free.. and domain.. we dont need profit then?

Mentor
21-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Even so, there are cost involved. Hosting for a start.

You need profit. Without it, you have nothing. Weath this is in monetry or knowledge, the same applies.

By making it, you gain knowledge, hence incresing your portfolio or experiance, and so, inadvertantly, you will gain form it. However, without money, you have no-where to expand to, and so the project can never progress

If you were studing busines, you would know that he needs money. To employee people if he ever needs. To expand. TO pay the basic cost.

One way of another, you need a benefactor, but your not going to get any for a non-profit, teenage site
If what you said was true, the open source community wouldn't exist. Nore would a large number of other sites including my own.
Not everyone takes the view, it is work, i personly enjoy it, i have fun programming. Alot of people play sport without any ambitions of turning pro or ever earning money from it, they do it for fun. The same is true of webdesign, The aim isnt nessarly exsperince, a portfolio, moeny or anything you listed, but insted pure enjoyment.

Also much of what you said is completely untrue, charitie origanitions dont nessarly make a profit, Most are RUN by volentears, who dont get payed. People put in there own money and get none back.
They have second jobs to support there own lives. Chairty work isnt really a job, if it were its not chairty work, your simply being empolied by a chairty orignastion to do work they cant.

Mentor you dont care about my list so why comment on it?
Becuse, as i stated in the post if you read it, you haddnt shut up about it in quite a while.

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 08:07 PM
You dont need profit? That is possibly the funniest thing I've heard in a long while.

So say someone gives you the hsoting and domain for free.
How about advertising to get people on your site to make it worth while?
Fun? Making it for fun? Obviously, if you were really making it for fun, then you wouldnt be asking for help from people. If it was for fun, you would actually be doing the majority yourself.

And why would people visit it more than once, if at all? I mean, you have 5 pages with 5 tutorials on. Thats it. A whole month with 5 tutorials. Why not go to a TUTORIAL SITE?

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 08:07 PM
If what you said was true, the open source community wouldn't exist. Nore would a large number of other sites including my own.
Not everyone takes the view, it is work, i personly enjoy it, i have fun programming. Alot of people play sport without any ambitions of turning pro or ever earning money from it, they do it for fun. The same is true of webdesign, The aim isnt nessarly exsperince, a portfolio, moeny or anything you listed, but insted pure enjoyment.

Also much of what you said is completely untrue, charitie origanitions dont nessarly make a profit, Most are RUN by volentears, who dont get payed. People put in there own money and get none back.
They have second jobs to support there own lives. Chairty work isnt really a job, if it were its not chairty work, your simply being empolied by a chairty orignastion to do work they cant.

Becuse, as i stated in the post if you read it, you haddnt shut up about it in quite a while.
Good post +rep :)

Tekn
21-12-2006, 08:10 PM
A charity e-mag, made of 100% recycled crap.

Ever heard of non-profitable Joe?

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Its a fair point but it was only in 2 posts and they were only addon things to the post i was posting anyway if you get what i mean.

That post says many good things that are true +rep. Joe if all you think about is money then i truely belive youll never be really happy.

Mentor
21-12-2006, 08:11 PM
You dont need profit? That is possibly the funniest thing I've heard in a long while.

Fun? Making it for fun? Obviously, if you were really making it for fun, then you wouldnt be asking for help from people. If it was for fun, you would actually be doing the majority yourself.
Thats actualy a fair point, i do do thybag for FUN and i do, do it by myself. If i got other people to do it the fun is no longer there "/
But then again collabrative work can also be fun, working in a team can often be more interesting and enterrtaining than solo work alown "/

And why would people visit it more than once, if at all? I mean, you have 5 pages with 5 tutorials on. Thats it. A whole month with 5 tutorials. Why not go to a TUTORIAL SITE?
I did pretty much state that in my first post, 5 tutorals a month is bull. if im going to navigate to it its gona need some real content, somehwta more than just 5 tutorals, along with alot of other interesting conetnet, you read magasines for the articles, the tutoraals you can really get anyware "/

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 08:14 PM

If youd read my post properly you would of noticed i said that only as an example

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 08:14 PM
OK. Charity. Not everypenny from charity goes to the charity cause. Volunteers are volunteers. Not all charity are run souly on volunteers. They pay other costs. Its not just got the charity cases.

Like I've said. Not all profit is monetry. If you gain experiance, and practise it, then its a profit.

There are several parts of profit Carl.

Another thing you are overlooking. THIS ISNT A CHARITY. Charities get money donated. This gets nothing. I was saying, an online one wouldnt make any monetry profit

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 08:16 PM
OK. Charity. Not everypenny from charity goes to the charity cause. Volunteers are volunteers. Not all charity are run souly on volunteers. They pay other costs. Its not just got the charity cases.

Like I've said. Not all profit is monetry. If you gain experiance, and practise it, then its a profit.

Another thing you are overlooking. THIS ISNT A CHARITY. Charities get money donated. This gets nothing. I was saying, an online one wouldnt make any monetry profit
and we were saying we dont care its for fun and the benefit of others

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 08:19 PM

You must not understand alot of things.. are you stupid?

W-E. D-O-N-'-T. W-A-N-T -/- C-A-R-E. A-B-O-U-T. P-R-O-F-I-T.

OK?

God.. you are very hard headed

Oh and joe thanks for laughing at me for my rep.. let me laugh at you for yours:
If only you had something worth saying - Guess who

Hmmm guess who? Im vip you *******. I can see who leaves me rep.

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I always leave my name, or make it very clear who its from.

As I keep saying, profit can be knowledge. ITS NOT ESSENTIALLY MONETRY. HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 08:25 PM
But why not leave your name? Im vip I can see it.. why not put JoeComins instead of guess who?

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 08:26 PM

As I keep saying, profit can be knowledge. ITS NOT ESSENTIALLY MONETRY. HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY IT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?
'I was saying, an online one wouldnt make any monetry profit'
Hmmm

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Because "Guess Who" is jsut obvious. I know you VIP. I can see.

Guess Who? Who else would it be? Apart from the person your argueing with for no apparent reason, and the fact my name is in the next column

Profit can be knowledge, so you would be proffiting form it.
You would need a benefactor to provide hosting, but if it has no expectations, as there will be very little content (your example was 5 tutorials a month) there wont be much to keep people coming back to it, as so, the site will be worthless, and hosting space will be wasted for the person who provided it to you for you to try to make a success of it.

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 08:27 PM
No its in the previous column ;)

Mentor
21-12-2006, 08:31 PM

Although "knowlage" is a "proift" that may be gained as a side effect of a project, it does not then mean the project was undertaken inorder to meat that end, not all actions are taken in order to gain something for ourselfs, its what seperates us from the animal kingdom, humans ARE capable of selfless act, and are not driven purely by want to improve are own position.
When people choose to do somthing, its not nessarly choosen in terms of what benifits it brings, were not Vulcan...

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Back to my original point:

I THINK ITS A CRAP IDEA

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Back to my original posts.

I think its a good idea
I think that JoeComins is an idiot :)

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Back to my original point:

I THINK ITS A CRAP IDEA
Fair enough but this thread is now for people who wanna help so please dont post again

Dentafrice1
21-12-2006, 08:36 PM
I PMed you ;)

JoeComins
21-12-2006, 08:38 PM
SimpleTech. Are you Ozzie?

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 08:41 PM
SimpleTech. Are you Ozzie?
Yes i am

redtom
21-12-2006, 10:50 PM
About the mag

I think the mag would be very good if it was a e-mag, that way people would just have to check there e-mail for a tutorial instead of looking though the web.

To / about joe

You posted that you were back on your school work, and if its stays that way then you better save all that money you've made as no one will hire you once you've left school because you wont have much to show from school. Your a bit over confident in your self. Think about this people who are making money out of web design for a living now have had to learn most of this after school as computers and the internet have come along alot in past years, and there are not many web designers out there compared to many other jobs. Most kids now can use a computer better then most adults, so say some one comes out of school then thinks they want to go into web design all they would have to do it take a few tutorails and learn for a few months before they can start to make money out of it, so the growing number of web designers will make the money in web design go down, and I think you want to go into web design because of the money as thats the main reason you have been posting in this thread, "you wont make money out of this mag" and showing what you've made from your work in web design.

Schools have already started teaching how to use photoshop as part of art and design.

Also why be so negitive towards other members of this forum? I could say every time you show a layout, that your designs have been geting worse and worse over time and most of them are the same basic thing, but instead of post comments on how to improve the design.

+rep to jamie for his reply to joe a page or two back.

EDIT: added a bit more

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 10:53 PM
About the mag

I think the mag would be very good if it was a e-mag, that way people would just have to check there e-mail for a tutorial instead of looking though the web.

To / about joe

You posted that you were back on your school work, and if its stays that way then you better save all that money you've made as no one will hire you once you've left school because you wont have much to show from school. Your a bit over confident in your self. Think about this people who are making money out of web design for a living now have had to learn most of this after school as computers and the internet have come along alot in past years, and there are not many web designers out there compared to many other jobs. Most kids now can use a computer better then most adults, so say some one comes out of school then thinks they want to go into web design all they would have to do it take a few tutorails and learn for a few months before they can start to make money out of it, so the growing number of web designers will make the money in web design go down, and I think you want to go into web design because of the money as thats the main reason you have been posting in this thread, "you wont make money out of this mag" and showing what you've made from your work in web design.

Schools have already started teaching how to use photoshop as part of art and design.

Also +rep to jamie his reply to joe a page or two back.
You Redtom are a great example to us all [or so your rep says] lol

Mentor
21-12-2006, 10:57 PM
About the mag

To / about joe

Also +rep to jamie his reply to joe a page or two back.
Knowing how to use photoshop does not make you a webdesigner.
Webdesign is one of the fastest growing industrys in the world, the whole computeing industry is under expental groth, and exspert skills are becomeing more and more valuable, they may not have yet risen back to the point they were before the .com bubble birst but they are on there way.

Knowing how to use a pease of software is not what makes someone a webdesigner, webdesign comes from how a site can be put together, regaurless of what tools may be involved in its design "/ There are some very successful websites that dont impliment a grapics tool any more complex that paint "/ and im guessing everyone here can work that, yet im also guessing not everyone here runs a successful website, which kinda ruins your if you can use the tool theary "/

SimplyTech
21-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Knowing how to use photoshop does not make you a webdesigner.
Webdesign is one of the fastest growing industrys in the world, the whole computeing industry is under expental groth, and exspert skills are becomeing more and more valuable, they may not have yet risen back to the point they were before the .com bubble birst but they are on there way.

Knowing how to use a pease of software is not what makes someone a webdesigner, webdesign comes from how a site can be put together, regaurless of what tools may be involved in its design "/ There are some very successful websites that dont impliment a grapics tool any more complex that paint "/ and im guessing everyone here can work that, yet im also guessing not everyone here runs a successful website, which kinda ruins your if you can use the tool theary "/
Hmmm yeh and who says the internet will always be there, i means its big at the moment but you never know

redtom
21-12-2006, 11:01 PM

I'm not saying every one can do it I'm trying to saying that more and more people are doing it, like you posted it's growing fast.

EDIT:

Hmmm yeh and who says the internet will always be there, i means its big at the moment but you never know

What could replace it? With the internet you can do most of the stuff you can do in every day life, watch TV, chat, shop and so on, Although I'm not saying you should get rid of every thing and your social life and just sit on the computer all day. It's also one of the most important tools to many bussness and other things including the police.

Mentor
21-12-2006, 11:05 PM

o.0 Read up on what the internet is, and hopefuly how stupid what you just said is will become apparent...

MrChaz
22-12-2006, 06:40 AM

PMSL, good laugh...

JoeCommins why are you being such a male reproductive organ?

Edited by Reformed (Forum Moderator) - Please stay on topic, Thanks :).

SimplyTech
22-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Sorry i didnt mean the internet in general i meant the internet as we know it i means its always changing

?php?
22-12-2006, 08:49 AM
yeah i think that mr chaz is a noob, (come on mods give me the infraction you know you want to!)

Edited by Reformed (Forum Moderator) - Please do not insult other forum members, Thanks :).

Mentor
22-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Sorry i didnt mean the internet in general i meant the internet as we know it i means its always changing

No, the internet is the same thing its always been, and always will, were not talking about the WWW here. The name Inter(connected)Net(work) gives a pretty good idea of what exactly it is.

YouFail
22-12-2006, 01:57 PM
True. The world wide web (WWW) and the Internet are two different things.

Dentafrice1
22-12-2006, 02:12 PM
True. The world wide web (WWW) and the Internet are two different things.
No its not..

Lycan
22-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Acording to my College they be different things and i don't like arguing with them ...

Dentafrice1
22-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Acording to my College they be different things and i don't like arguing with them ...
Ok define WWW and Internet.

22-12-2006, 03:05 PM

Internet:
An electronic network of computers that includes nearly every university, government, and research facility in the world. Also included are many commercial sites. It started with four interconnected computers in 1969 and was known as ARPAnet.

A network of computer networks which operates world-wide using a common set of communications protocols.

And much more!

WWW:

A system of Internet servers that support specially formatted documents. The documents are formatted in a language called HTML (HyperText Markup Language) that supports links to other documents, as well as graphics, audio, and video files. This means you can jump from one document to another simply by clicking on hot spots. Not all Internet servers are part of the World Wide Web.

A highly graphical computer-based information network. The ETV Web Site address is http://www.scetv.org/, and the ETV Radio Web Site is http://www.etvradio.org

And much more!

Theres some.

Luckyrare
22-12-2006, 03:05 PM

Enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Web
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

Dentafrice1
22-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok then I was wrong.

But if you have a network you are bound to have a server. WWW consists of servers that hold HTML documents.

Both use servers.

SimplyTech
22-12-2006, 03:15 PM
you know what i meant :)

Dentafrice1
22-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Yes I did/do :P

SimplyTech
22-12-2006, 03:23 PM
YEY 100th post in thread

Dentafrice1
22-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I just had to say this.. do not edit my post as the thread starter said it was ok ;)

JOECOMINS WAS TEMP. BANNED!!! YAY! :)

Ontopic: How is this project coming?

SimplyTech
22-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Does anyone want to be perm cover designer?

com-bat
22-12-2006, 07:02 PM
I wish you luck on your monthly :P I have afew large tuts You could possably
use if your like "ahh we are one week behind ect"

ebay
22-12-2006, 07:09 PM
and...??? how do we buy it

SimplyTech
22-12-2006, 09:48 PM
I wish you luck on your monthly :P I have afew large tuts You could possably
use if your like "ahh we are one week behind ect"
ok thanks
and you dont buy it its like a newsletter through your email

Sygon..
22-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Well well, i got banned, and i just check up on the forum and what do i see, the little noobs who accuse the "elite" people of thinking their being "elite", why accuse when you know they are, your all sheep you follow you dont stand out like some people here, why do they stand out? because they got skils now when you use that as an insult - " go back to designing and leave this forum" why should he? To be honest we were all here before you we dont need to leave, now why do you want the "elite" people to leave? Because you want your fame, because your not going to get it when their here your going to get your 5 minutes of fame for being a total noob who bums everyone.

Now im not elite oh no but i know the basics of this web design game and ive traveled a bit further than selling and mingling to habbo noobs the reason i havent stayed here actively is because most of you morons are blood sucking leaches that cant do jack **** and you reckon your good when your not and your jealous of others that are doing it and are making money.

Now everyone has opinions and nothing can change that in this life there are people that are gonna say no its not gonna work or no its crap get used to it but theres no need to gang up and start hating joe "yay hes banned" he hasnt done anything wrong yet leave a opinion get a life and get a grip people this is suposed to be a community

Edited by Reformed (Forum Moderator) - Please do not insult another forum member, Thanks :).

[WF][10] Col.TheNick
22-12-2006, 11:11 PM
i cba to read that... but grow up

SimplyTech
22-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Well well, i got banned, and i just check up on the forum and what do i see, the little noobs who accuse the "elite" people of thinking their being "elite", why accuse when you know they are, your all sheep you follow you dont stand out like some people here, why do they stand out? because they got skils now when you use that as an insult - " go back to designing and leave this forum" why should he? To be honest we were all here before you we dont need to leave, now why do you want the "elite" people to leave? Because you want your fame, because your not going to get it when their here your going to get your 5 minutes of fame for being a total noob who bums everyone.

Now im not elite oh no but i know the basics of this web design game and ive traveled a bit further than selling and mingling to habbo noobs the reason i havent stayed here actively is because most of you morons are blood sucking leaches that cant do jack **** and you reckon your good when your not and your jealous of others that are doing it and are making money.

Now everyone has opinions and nothing can change that in this life there are people that are gonna say no its not gonna work or no its crap get used to it but theres no need to gang up and start hating joe "yay hes banned" he hasnt done anything wrong yet leave a opinion get a life and get a grip people this is suposed to be a community
Hes not like you he hasnt quit he calls us all n00** and acts 'elite' yet hes on habbo forum.

Sygon..
22-12-2006, 11:38 PM
[10] Col.TheNick;2757392']i cba to read that... but grow up

Says you who acts like a total moron.

Hes not like you he hasnt quit he calls us all n00** and acts 'elite' yet hes on habbo forum.

What do you mean not like me whats the difference between me and joe.

Edited by Reformed (Forum Moderator) - Please do not insult another forum member, Thanks :).

[WF][10] Col.TheNick
22-12-2006, 11:48 PM

ahh but am I the one who is calling us noobs and moarnings.. Just grow up

Mentor
22-12-2006, 11:55 PM
[10] Col.TheNick;2757627']ahh but am I the one who is calling us noobs and moarnings.. Just grow up

o.0 Wait? so acting childishly alot, means people shoulnt tell you to grow up.

Telling people what for the most part is actualy true, complaing about it though, means you should be told to grow up?

Is there some problem with your understanding of the implications of the phrase "grow up" ?

Dentafrice1
23-12-2006, 01:55 AM

I was here long before you..

And I will continue to be here long after you and Joe.

You were banned for a reason.. quit making accounts as it seems your quite unwanted

SimplyTech
23-12-2006, 10:57 AM

I meant hes not like you because hes still on here everyday

Dentafrice1
23-12-2006, 01:05 PM
I meant hes not like you because hes still on here everyday
He has got banned so many times its not even funny. It appears if he gets banned that much he is NOT wanted.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!