PDA

View Full Version : Skindred in Brighton, best gig ever :D

FlyingJesus
21-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Three thumbs up, 6 stars, 23/10, they were amazing.

Started out with Son Of Science, who were actually pretty good, and did a metal cover of "Incomplete" (a Backstreet Boys song; I was proud to recognise it) and various songs of their own. Their keys player went mental with the headbanging, we were all surprised that he didn't knock himself out. Their bassist is an ex-Dragonforce member, so he was a bit of a performer too.

Next came Last Stop Chinatown, who were... well, the band was ok, but the lead singer was a right bellcheese. He was a pretty good singer I guess, but he seemed to think he was in Pantera or something from the way he acted. He was an embarrassment to the band really, and the crowd didn't like him. They went off to shouts of "**** off you ******s" after a pantomine-like performance where he decided it would be a good idea to make fun of the Skindred singer, Benji.

Finally, after a long wait (which we reckon was due to Benji stopping to knock seven shades of **** out of the LSC singer) on came Skindred, to a Starwars tune. Once that had been pimped out with rnb reggae beats, it faded, and up started "Bruises", and what a song to start with. Words cannot describe how good they were, not only did every track sound just as good (if not better) than the studio-recorded versions, but Benji himself was a proper good performer, played to the crowd and put on a real show. Along with Selector, Set It Off, Start First, Pressure, Tears and even The Fear (which although being a slowish song, really got everyone going), they also played a song which isn't on their album, but I can't remember the name of it.

We had a train to catch, but just as we were ready to leave Brainkiller came on, and we were powerless to stop ourselves jumping right into the middle of the pit. I took a couple of blows to the chin and had my hair caught plenty of times, but it was amazing, and was followed by Jungle Bells, with the entire building singing along. By then we really did have to go, as we'd have missed the train otherwise, and it was a real shame as Nobody began after Jungle Bells, and that song being what it is, it was clearly their finalé. Nevertheless, time forced us out and we missed that, which was very annoying. We did manage to get the last train though, so that was just as well.

Overall, it was a fantasticulatory night, and at £8 a ticket it was a bargain. I would definitely go see Skindred again, any time.

Sly
21-12-2006, 02:40 AM
Where abouts in Brighton was this?

FlyingJesus
21-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Concorde II

YoManGo!
21-12-2006, 02:51 PM
was meant to see them earlier this year, totally incredibleeee band. was so bummed i missed that gig.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!