PDA

View Full Version : [Building] [ivi] Berlin1967

Nick-
21-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Been a while i know but i had to take a quick break from theme rooms, not only to come up with some new ideas but also for work purposes. This new theme room derives from some free time i had about 2 months ago in a computer room while discussing Habbox jobs with a friend who also works for Habbox. Not entirely sure of the logistics of the conversation but it turned to the Berlin Wall at some point. Which got ideas ticking and lead me to do some research into the real Berlin Wall, its structure, its origins and its importance. Days of toil and paperwork later i realised i could re create the whole Berlin Wall situation in a V9 room, rather quaint really. ;)
Which lead me to create this. The Berlin Wall as of 1967, the very same year Matt LeBlanc and Will Ferrel was born in and the same year BBC2 first broadcast a television show in colour. :)

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4954/berlinwmf9.jpg

The 'houses' along the west side of the wall didnt quite appear as planned and originally i wanted to make them entirely out of dark brown plasto but the furni limit just refused to comply and i had to supplement them with mode bars at the last minute. Not exactly the most attractive choice for the backing of a house but it was what i could do with the time that i had. Also, in case it isnt clear the white mats on the eastern side of the wall are snowy patches as its designed to be a winter picture of the wall, the teleporters also link to one another. :)
As far as im aware this is also a completely original idea. So if the person thats leaving accusatory notes of plagiarism in my DonationStation is reading this, "hows this for originality?" ;)

Improvements? Suggestions? Criticisms? Ratings?
All welcomed with loving arms :)

Hurts
21-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Great rooms as usual, i love +rep

Lizard
21-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Nice room dude 9/10 whats tht thing u said at end?

:Hazel
21-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Nice room but whats the stacked chairs supposed to be?

Soka
21-12-2006, 03:09 PM
very nice and original idea but i think the houses could be improved, but i'm sure they will be when you get the adequate furni :P

9.5/10 until you get rid of the yellow plastos ;) + rep

Kymux
21-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Lovely room. Maybe re-toluch on the posters. They are a bit wonky in some places.

Nick-
21-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Great rooms as usual, i love +rep

Thanks ;)

Nice room dude 9/10 whats tht thing u said at end?

Anti-fascist blockade wall ;)

Nice room but whats the stacked chairs supposed to be?

Its implied in the paragraph below the picture if youd care to read it :P

very nice and original idea but i think the houses could be improved, but i'm sure they will be when you get the adequate furni :P

9.5/10 until you get rid of the yellow plastos ;) + rep

Indeed, the houses werent exactly my favourite bit of the room, considering all the free time ive got on my hands at the moment im sure i can come up with something fairly quickly

Lovely room. Maybe re-toluch on the posters. They are a bit wonky in some places.

:o Thats one of my main pet peeves about a new room, i mustve got used to them slightly wonky. Ill have them re done asap :D

lSander
21-12-2006, 04:04 PM
LOVELY.
I just love the idea, plus the rooooooom.
I have a piece of Berlin Wall at home, In a shelfe, Oii,:)
It's white bit and all :P
+ Reppye.

Nick-
21-12-2006, 04:57 PM
LOVELY.
I just love the idea, plus the rooooooom.
I have a piece of Berlin Wall at home, In a shelfe, Oii,:)
It's white bit and all :P
+ Reppye.
Thanks
I know, ive got a similar piece. However after i went to Berlin a year ago and saw that they were selling them en masse in a gift shop at the memorial museum...and then again in another completely unrelated gift shop...and then again once we got back to where we were staying.
Started to think they were just picking up bits of rubble from random places in Berlin, spray painting them a bit to make them look as if they were a peice of a complete picture on the wall and then selling them off for a tidy profit :P

Ellis.
21-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Hmm as usual, your room are quite amazing :)

I love the whole wintery dark scenario that I'm feeling.

But as said before, I'm not too keen on the houses being plasto although I understand the situation you were in. May I suggest stack ginger bread houses? :D

Rcss
21-12-2006, 08:26 PM
WOW , WOW , WOW
I Love you when you make rooms
You so good
You should get it reviwed lol
+REP

velvet
21-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Great room. +rep.

Nick-
21-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Hmm as usual, your room are quite amazing :)

I love the whole wintery dark scenario that I'm feeling.

But as said before, I'm not too keen on the houses being plasto although I understand the situation you were in. May I suggest stack ginger bread houses? :D

Thanks, thats pretty much what i was going for as well a mild industrial mood with the skylines and traffic furni. The gingerbread house idea is a good one and i might have to play around with it as a means of roofing for the houses as well as a backing. Thanks +rep

WOW , WOW , WOW
I Love you when you make rooms
You so good
You should get it reviwed lol
+REP

Lol, although ive had most of my rooms reviewed already im not too fussed about this one being reviewed by Habbox but if it were to be reviewed by Habbo :o

Great room. +rep.

Thanks ;)

Smile
22-12-2006, 06:21 AM
Amazing room =)
Great use of furni & great idea.
I can see it has been planned/researched before i even read the paragraph!

10/10 +rep

Notex
22-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Dont know where you get your room ideas from.. but another high class job.

Congrats ;)

Nick-
22-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Amazing room =)
Great use of furni & great idea.
I can see it has been planned/researched before i even read the paragraph!

10/10 +rep

Thanks ;)

Dont know where you get your room ideas from.. but another high class job.

Congrats ;)

Ive asked myself that a lot actually. Usually they just come out of everyday situations. Like if im browsing the internet for work purposes or just general interest i might stumble upon a unique idea and then develop it into Habbo somehow by experimenting with different furni and stacking.
Thanks ;)

lSander
22-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks
I know, ive got a similar piece. However after i went to Berlin a year ago and saw that they were selling them en masse in a gift shop at the memorial museum...and then again in another completely unrelated gift shop...and then again once we got back to where we were staying.
Started to think they were just picking up bits of rubble from random places in Berlin, spray painting them a bit to make them look as if they were a peice of a complete picture on the wall and then selling them off for a tidy profit :P

Mine is real, I know that :)

Nick-
22-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Unless you actually went up to the wall and picked a bit off for yourself like i did when i was there i wouldnt be so sure :P

Anyway, made some changes thanks to many, many clones of mine who all had 5 credits spare and a few gingerbread houses already in storage...

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/1884/berlinwfinalzo9.jpg

Think ive fixed the posters too but i may not be seeing them as accurately as some people ;)

WarRock
22-12-2006, 03:25 PM
thats looks well ace now toatlly kwl. well done :D 9/10

lSander
22-12-2006, 03:53 PM
My dad went up to the wall and picked it himself.

@K
22-12-2006, 05:55 PM
WOW 10/10 I can't see anything needing to be improved.
+rep

Nick-
23-12-2006, 10:20 AM
thats looks well ace now toatlly kwl. well done :D 9/10

Thanks ;)

My dad went up to the wall and picked it himself.

Lol, takes me back to that time i got snow shoved down my back while walking along the wall at Potsdamer Platz ;)

WOW 10/10 I can't see anything needing to be improved.
+rep

Thanks ;)

Notex
23-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks ;)

Ive asked myself that a lot actually. Usually they just come out of everyday situations. Like if im browsing the internet for work purposes or just general interest i might stumble upon a unique idea and then develop it into Habbo somehow by experimenting with different furni and stacking.
Thanks ;)

lol all i know is that you have some serious talent, have you considered architecture as a future career?

Nick-
24-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Nope, that would ruin it for me
Its more of a pasttime i do on Habbo for my own enjoyment and my own reward. Apprently thats been reflected by the Habbo staff with 2 of my rooms being under the HMs recommended rooms :o
Architecture isnt really the same thing ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!