PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: GTA 4 Could be London.

adm
21-12-2006, 06:46 PM
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=160361

The main purpose of this thread is to be the DEFINITIVE discussion/promotion topic for the inclusion of a London inspired setting in the next GTA.

Basically the aims of this thread are three fold:

• Firstly: It was initially intended as a means for me to disprove all those claiming that London is an unsuitable location for a city in/the next GTA to be based around. It was and is naturally successful on that score as any such claims are completely fallacious in nature. Besides the fact that London has already been used as inspiration for an installment in the GTA franchise, by definition, proves that it is suitable. QED.

• Secondly: This thread is here to explain the reasons why I truly believe that London is the ideal candidate for basing the next GTA around. The opinion section. My reasoning is based around what I see from GTA cities to date and is totally logic-led in nature. My reasons for thinking the way I do are never any less than reasonable.

• Thirdly, finally and most importantly at this point: This thread is also here to act as a guide to London, to its sights, not always salubrious and its people, not always saintly. Basically to let the otherwise uninformed in on what to expect from any GTA based around London/the UK and just what London/the UK has to offer the series. To jump to this section of the thread, the Tourist Information Index: click here. (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=160361&st=340)

The thread contents is split into sections to make it easier for you to find whatever you came into this thread for. There's a lot of content to cover, this should help you cover it..

London on Wikepedia link. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_big_smoke) If you want to know more about London you might want to check out London on Wikepedia.

It's an interesting read, but sadly - it's most probably not going to come out in London this time.

ltwistedburn
21-12-2006, 06:51 PM
i hope it does then ill aready know my way around pmsl

Smog
21-12-2006, 08:46 PM
lol hope is all weve got

GommeInc
21-12-2006, 09:22 PM
So are the other games actually based on real cities? Or do you mean, pick out ideas and convert them into fictional ideas?

TheMagicMen.
21-12-2006, 09:27 PM
So are the other games actually based on real cities? Or do you mean, pick out ideas and convert them into fictional ideas?

GTA San Andreas, What Do YOU Think!?

Leuven
21-12-2006, 09:32 PM
There is no City called San Andreas.

And I hear that GTA 4 will be multi continental.

Fonejacker
21-12-2006, 09:50 PM
There has already been one based on London :S

cocaine
21-12-2006, 09:51 PM

Thats The Getaway..

And I hope its in london.

driving on the left ftw

Tekn
21-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Yup.

San Andreas
Los Santos = Los Angeles
San Fierro = San Francisco
Las Venturas = Las Vegas

Vice City = Miami

brandon
21-12-2006, 09:59 PM

Thats The Getaway..

driving on the left ftw
No I think he's on about the cheapy GTA London for the PS1.

Tekn
21-12-2006, 10:03 PM
No I think he's on about the cheapy GTA London for the PS1.
GTA London 1969 FTW <3

Nick.
21-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Will this game only be available for PS3? I hope not :@

Pixel
21-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Will this game only be available for PS3? I hope not >:(

nah it will be on the 360 aswell i think

Azul
21-12-2006, 10:04 PM
PS3 and 360.

Tekn
21-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Will this game only be available for PS3? I hope not :@
PS3 and XBOX360 at first.

Then PC around 4-5 months later.

Nick.
21-12-2006, 10:09 PM
So not PS2 then? :@ I know what I want next christmas... :rolleyes:

Tekn
21-12-2006, 10:11 PM
So not PS2 then? :@ I know what I want next christmas... :rolleyes:
Let me find you a great quote

"Rockstar North is creating a specialized game engine for PS3 that will bring GTA 4 to life to a degree that PS2 games could only hint at

Nick.
21-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Let me find you a great quote
Yeah, I read that. I was just asking for confirmation.

Azul
21-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah I imagine the PS2 to be all but finished this time next year. I'm glad it's not just a PS3 exclusive. GTA, is probably the only reason i'd buy a PS3.

Tekn
21-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Let me give you a fact I read some time ago.

The PS3 blu-ray disc could hold up to 250 full radio stations.

It could have 25times larger free-roaming landscape.

But, they're concentrating on detail, textures and physics.

Billay
21-12-2006, 10:26 PM
There is no City called San Andreas.

And I hear that GTA 4 will be multi continental.

yeah there is ive been through it. its in Cali

Fonejacker
22-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Thats The Getaway..

driving on the left ftw

... I have both geaway games... And there was GTA (Somthing) i think realeased for the Dream cast witch i have and was based on london...

PaulMacC
22-12-2006, 12:55 AM
The new one is Vice city stories

GommeInc
22-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Yup.

San Andreas
Los Santos = Los Angeles
San Fierro = San Francisco
Las Venturas = Las Vegas

Vice City = Miami
Ah ok, so this London version would just be based around London like stuff. I can't imagine how they would make it London like though? A Trafalgar Square look a like?

Fonejacker
22-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Ah ok, so this London version would just be based around London like stuff. I can't imagine how they would make it London like though? A Trafalgar Square look a like?

I think it will be for the PS3 as they wont bother to make much more for the PS2 so the graphics will be alot better quality and it will proberly be like The getaway Whitch i would be amazing for them to try and do, They should make a japanese one with english voices lol thats never been done before, If you have ever played Shemu For the Dream cast It RULED!!!!!!!!

Tekn
22-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Ever played the Getaway?

Sure, it was poorly made but the concept of making a London-based GTA-style game is there.

If you have played the old GTA's, London 1969 where it's a birds-eye view, you get big ben and the Houses of Parliment and Westminster and Tower Bridge etc.

If it is London - I can't wait <3

EDIT: San andreas isn't a city - it's a fault line running through California/San Francisco

xxMATTGxx
22-12-2006, 11:00 AM
They could have London taxis in the game!

Tekn
22-12-2006, 11:06 AM
They could have London taxis in the game!
the liklihood is that they will.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!