PDA

View Full Version : [Project Update] Photostock Site

Lycan
21-12-2006, 11:54 PM
-

My Project idea of a Photostock site has hit some snags

- Because i am no php wizard i can't code a sutible user system with intergrated gallery
- I dont have the funds to pay someone to do it (not until i sell Suicidelemmings.com)
- find a decent domain
- get a team

theese a pretty alful snags in the plan , i already have a domain eyed up tho its pretty rubbish sounding

I've made this thread to ask one very simple question

Are there any user systems with incorperated galleries already floating around i can get hold of
or
are they any already made photogallery scripts you can recommend wich are every customizable and sutible for the job at hand

Rep for all helpful replies

Mentor
22-12-2006, 12:12 AM
If your sites going to do what it sounds like, it does sound like a very interesting website?
Although im not a 100% sure it is? what im guessing is its simply a large gallery of royaty free, stock photos for use in peoples websites, a very useful reasorce, although to work it properly youd need to get your own photos to avoid any copyright issues or complete relance on the public domains.
If you did this, it would be a site id use "/

Im not sure you would really need a usersystem nore gallery at first, that comes when you need to deal with quite a large site, you could easly start builing a rep with just a hard coded site, as long as the resoruce it offers is good.

SimplyTech
22-12-2006, 08:42 AM
You should be able to sell them in layouts too unlike many stock sites

Cixso
22-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Chris, PM me with the amount of funds you need

Tekn
22-12-2006, 09:35 AM
I would help in the marketing area as I said I would.

Kymux
22-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I SWEAR there one one on TechTuts.com! no.

Ermm, tutorialized had one with a galery upload, but it was REALLY basic.

Lycan
22-12-2006, 12:22 PM
If your sites going to do what it sounds like, it does sound like a very interesting website?
Although im not a 100% sure it is? what im guessing is its simply a large gallery of royaty free, stock photos for use in peoples websites, a very useful reasorce, although to work it properly youd need to get your own photos to avoid any copyright issues or complete relance on the public domains.
If you did this, it would be a site id use "/

Im not sure you would really need a usersystem nore gallery at first, that comes when you need to deal with quite a large site, you could easly start builing a rep with just a hard coded site, as long as the resoruce it offers is good.

- Indeed this is the idea for myself and others to submit their own work or request graphics/pictures royalty free of course :)

You should be able to sell them in layouts too unlike many stock sites

i'd hope that would be the idea but if someone who submits a photo doesn't want it to be used globally for sites then i must restrict the use of their photos

Chris, PM me with the amount of funds you need
Oh don't worry when theirs money in your paypal then i'll come Pm'ing

I would help in the marketing area as I said I would.
Thankyou :)

I SWEAR there one one on TechTuts.com! no.

Ermm, tutorialized had one with a galery upload, but it was REALLY basic.

well if you could find it for me that would be great

Rep to all.

Luckyrare
22-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I may be able to help on the coding side but that depends on what I get up to. I will sumbit my photos I have taken ;-D

Lycan
22-12-2006, 01:54 PM
was thinking something basic or slightly complex to begin with

they sign up, go to the upload feature . browse for it, type a description.. submit it to us and then we put it on site

Mentor
22-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Id say this would be a pretty good place to use a comminty meta search system. Aka members can add keywords to a image, then the search will simply match the terms entered against the keywords, the more keyword matches the higher the image is listed in the search results.
Its relativly easy to add and is very effective as long as users activly partispate "/
Id definatly like to see a resorce like this, its very hard to find, truely free images these days for layouts. They ether want some form of payment, or links back etc etc, which tends to put people off, a resorce like this, would definly attract attention and hopfuly alot of word of mouth advertsing "/

The usersystem could be pretty simply done, you just need a users table and a images table really, possibly a keyword index to make the searching algorthims simpler as well "/ If i had the time i actualy wouldnt mine takeing a shot at putting this together "/

:Blob
22-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I may be able to help on the coding side but that depends on what I get up to. I will sumbit my photos I have taken ;-D

Offtopic:

Make sure you upload the PHP in refreshers lol! Remember that?

On topic:

I will help mate

Lycan
22-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Id say this would be a pretty good place to use a comminty meta search system. Aka members can add keywords to a image, then the search will simply match the terms entered against the keywords, the more keyword matches the higher the image is listed in the search results.
Its relativly easy to add and is very effective as long as users activly partispate "/
Id definatly like to see a resorce like this, its very hard to find, truely free images these days for layouts. They ether want some form of payment, or links back etc etc, which tends to put people off, a resorce like this, would definly attract attention and hopfuly alot of word of mouth advertsing "/

The usersystem could be pretty simply done, you just need a users table and a images table really, possibly a keyword index to make the searching algorthims simpler as well "/ If i had the time i actualy wouldnt mine takeing a shot at putting this together "/

the name of the project is still unknown we are having trouble finding a decent domain name that suits it but we want to push ahead -

so far the only thing that has been made for the project is a photo uploader.

i am rubbish when it comes to coding things like user systems

Offtopic:

Make sure you upload the PHP in refreshers lol! Remember that?

On topic:

I will help mate

Thanks

Overall

anyone who can help with coding and is offering there help to the project for free . please pm me, talk to me on msn etc - i want to get project underway rather then laying idle and dying

Thanks for all your support :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!