PDA

View Full Version : Christmas getting worse?

RyaREXIC
23-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, it's pretty despressing, each year Christmas seems to be getting more crap and crap every year, not in a like.. my presents arent good way, more of a.. "not as good as it used to be when I was little" way. I know it probably seems stupid, but to me Christmas gets more boring & boring every year. Like I used to be able to fall asleep at night, the last couple of years I've been able to sleep really easy, and not get much excited, it's pretty depressing on thinking how exciting it was as a kid, and I wish you could understand at that age that you only have 1 go at being a kid, so enjoy it. Anyway probably sounds stupid, but that's what I think in my mind..

Nixt
23-12-2006, 02:30 PM
It gets crap after you stop believing in Father Christmas :'(.

uh huh her
23-12-2006, 02:30 PM
i feel the same. its not as good as it was, theres nothign to get hyped up about. i already know what im getting, cos i picked the stuff out of the shops myself. its just another normal day.

craig♥
23-12-2006, 02:31 PM
it's because your getting older. tis the same for me

Nemo
23-12-2006, 02:37 PM
ye the magic is gone ;[

beth
23-12-2006, 02:40 PM
pshh. i'm 16 and it's still ace man. make it exciting. when you were younger the smaller things affected you just as much as the big stuff did. now you just want big oversized gestures.
make fun for yourself.

risque
23-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I try and make it as good for myself as I can tbh. It doesn't matter if the magic isn't there anymore, as Bethie said; it's the smaller things etc.

RedStratocas
23-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, didnt it seem like Christmas took forever to come when you were little? Thats the way it was for me anyway. This year the whole christmas season flew WAY by.

Neversoft
23-12-2006, 03:50 PM
You are a bloody weirdo if you think christmas is 'depressing' in my opinion. What the ****, it's christmas, enjoy your self!!! If you don't like christmas or if you don't celebrate it, atleast enjoy your time off school/college/work, etc.

Mattio
23-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I know what youre saying, I feel the same way. I think it's because there's no snow tbh. Doesn't feel like the regular christmas mood.

Charlie
23-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I get what you mean. When you were little, you'd get so excited over christmas, and there would be loads of family and that. But, as you get older, its gets less exciting and then there is less family and it isn't as good as it use to be.

I feel the same.

CHANTELLE HOUGHTON
23-12-2006, 03:58 PM
ye allan is eatin christmas x
*REMOVED*

Edited By Nick. (Forum Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter, nor be rude to another member.

RyaREXIC
23-12-2006, 06:17 PM
OMG JO, UR SO NORTY.

Antallica
23-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Ye same, but at least we get prezzies ;]

hit-by-a-car
23-12-2006, 06:22 PM
It gets crap after you stop believing in Father Christmas :'(.
I agree with nixt, im young and use to belive in santa more than god.

But now... Christmas is crap.

Everyone start beliving in santa again and it should be better!

liquid
23-12-2006, 07:15 PM
opposite for me.
i've always hated it til this year.
me and my friends made it fun :]

jordybum
23-12-2006, 07:16 PM
yeah it's been alright this year :]

sarey
23-12-2006, 07:21 PM
i disagree, christmas is awesome, sure, when i was little, i couldnt sleep at night at all and id stay awake into early hours of the morning, and id be so excited i used to only get a few hours sleep, but its sorta the same still now, just a bit older.. but hey, christmas aint about all that stuff, its about being with your family and spending time together, all that stuff. :D

Maybe its the sun, it gets darker more earlier now.. maybe people arnt getting enough vitamins. :o

Caution
23-12-2006, 11:55 PM
omg Santa isn't real ?! :'(
Nah, its better when u believe in him.
but I still like it and get excited.

CrabRacket
23-12-2006, 11:56 PM
You are a bloody weirdo if you think christmas is 'depressing' in my opinion. What the ****, it's christmas, enjoy your self!!! If you don't like christmas or if you don't celebrate it, atleast enjoy your time off school/college/work, etc.

I agree!
At least don't not try to be happy!

Stitch
24-12-2006, 12:51 AM
I think it's because most people when they get older know what they're getting for christmas so it ruins surprises and surprises was part of what made me excited when i was little.

Blue
24-12-2006, 12:55 AM
I think it's because most people when they get older know what they're getting for christmas so it ruins surprises and surprises was part of what made me excited when i was little.

yeah i agree. I think for me this has been the worst xmas excitement wise, but still there are a couple of prezzies under the tree i don't know what they are

Kenneth
24-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Same here :( I like wanted nothing this year.

Mentor
24-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Meh i quite like christmas, its only lost if you only celibrated it for the presentes, personly i still enjoy it, nice christmas dinner, get to see the family, get presents of caurce, and see peoples reactions when you see what you got them "/

allykin
24-12-2006, 01:38 AM
I still get excited about christmas in morning i run downstairs and have to wait for mum dadn 3 sisters to come down and they cant be bovad so its like god..
used to be fun =/

Azul
24-12-2006, 01:40 AM
that's called growing up.

TheLastShadow
24-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Now im starting to understand why my parents said "your only a kid once. Have fun with it"

Metric.
24-12-2006, 02:53 AM
ye, especially when my brothers and i forked out $1500 for a louis vuitton bag that my mom requested for x-mas.

it's sad because she like already has it, but it's like rainbow.

Hurts
24-12-2006, 07:27 AM
It doesn't feel like christmas anymore, christmas eve today already :o goes by to quick + santa doesn't bring me much now :'(

Fonejacker
24-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Why are you all being Unpositive about the best time of year... Sometimes you just have to let ur imagination take over... Imagien That santa was real and all that stuf like:

Q.Hows a over grown fat old goat suposed to fit down my chimeny?
A.Magic ;)

Just think positivly and you will have the best christmas ever! Your only a kid once? Your a Kid for aslong as you want to be!

Merry Christmas :) Best Wishes,

Phil ;)

samsaBEAR
24-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Like someone said, its the lack of snow that does it for me, when I was a kid you'd have snow in november/december, but now we have after Christmas, like in February time
And plus you're getting older, so you're obviously maturing and stuff

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!