PDA

View Full Version : Seasional guildwars fun :P

Mr.Sam
23-12-2006, 09:11 PM
elf's are not a race in guild wars, however for the winter period there are snowball fights etc and you can get elf transformation potions which last for 50 minutes at a time :P

me and some guildies and a random person jumping :rolleyes:

feel free to share screen shots of your on line games winter events :P

*May take a while for it to go the correct speed, made using screen shots.
After uploading the quality of it sucks :l
only used 4 screen shots in total, hence the Jolting

http://www.uploadz.co.uk/886261ElfDance.gif
http://www.uploadz.co.uk/886261ElfDance.gif

Neil
23-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Lol cool, I've heard you get santa hats, I donno about that but is it true? And do they last forever?

Mr.Sam
23-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Lol cool, I've heard you get santa hats, I donno about that but is it true? And do they last forever?

last christmas we had yule hats (santa hats) and grenths antlers(reindeer antlers)

um for the dragon festival we had dragon masks, Halloween 2005 e had pumpkin crown, Halloween 2006 we had a re-vamped pumpkin crown.

umm

tengu mask...:rolleyes:

and candy cane weapons snowball fights, games of luck and chance.

yeah, guildwars are amazing at seasonal events :P

all the ahts last forever, we now have a hat npc, who will store your previous hats and remake them for your other charcters. each hat is customised to your charcter so they cannot be sold. much like armour and customised weapons (which do more damage when customised)

edit:
you can see all of our hats so far here:
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Festival_hat

Neil
23-12-2006, 10:20 PM
last christmas we had yule hats (santa hats) and grenths antlers(reindeer antlers)

um for the dragon festival we had dragon masks, Halloween 2005 e had pumpkin crown, Halloween 2006 we had a re-vamped pumpkin crown.

umm

tengu mask...:rolleyes:

and candy cane weapons snowball fights, games of luck and chance.

yeah, guildwars are amazing at seasonal events :P

all the ahts last forever, we now have a hat npc, who will store your previous hats and remake them for your other charcters. each hat is customised to your charcter so they cannot be sold. much like armour and customised weapons (which do more damage when customised)

edit:
you can see all of our hats so far here:
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Festival_hat

Can you get a hat if you didn't get it the previous events?

Mr.Sam
23-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Can you get a hat if you didn't get it the previous events?

Nope, you have to be at the event in order to get a hat.

this is how it works.

for example this wintersday (christmas 2006)
on december 31st every 3 hours in the continents main city there will be the two gods.
Grenth and dwayna
each will do events for prizes such as candy canes and spiked egg (gets your drunk for 3 minutes per spiked eggnog ;)) and the event lasts say 30minutes - 1 hour. at the end everyone there will receive a hat. last year in lions arch (main city for first continent) there where over 125 english districts. there are others such as american, german, french and italian, korean, taiwan, china etc. each district holds about 150 people i would say.

other events for example the tengu mask was only available to people who preordered guildwars factions, because they pre ordered they had 24 hours to access the game before it;s official release. in these 24 hours people could trade 250 naga fangs for the hat.

thats what makes the hats so unique, because you have to be there to get one. however with the new hat vendor, if you have say a yule hat and show the ender. he will then make a copy for any of your characters, it only costs 10 gold and will be customised to that character. so you go there once and can use it on any of your characters on your account.

:8

Lubricant
23-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Looks cool. Haven't got used to GuildWars yet because I'm too addicted to SilkRoad Online. Might start palying it when my ISP is fixed

Neil
23-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Any idea what you get this year?

Mr.Sam
23-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Any idea what you get this year?

no one knows for sure, i'm guessing a elf hat maybe. seeing as we have elf trans potions and elf's are on part of the home page, however at halloween we have candy corn trans potions and we got the Halloween crown and witches hat so no idea :P

redtom
23-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Where can you join a snowball fight on factions?

Neil
24-12-2006, 11:04 AM
So do get the item you need to do loads of the snowball fighting?

Mr.Sam
24-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Snowball fights and christmas events are prophecies and nightfall only, because factions has day of the tengu and the dragon festival, which sucks because they do not get the main events :(

Where can you join a snowball fight on factions?

no, just be there on the last day :)

So do get the item you need to do loads of the snowball fighting?

Neil
24-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Snowball fights and christmas events are prophecies and nightfall only, because factions has day of the tengu and the dragon festival, which sucks because they do not get the main events :(

no, just be there on the last day :)

So last day of the month? where you have to be? :P

Mr.Sam
24-12-2006, 02:00 PM
So last day of the month? where you have to be? :P

in one of the main citys, think it;s lions are and some place starting with k which i cannot remember :D
every 3 hours starting at 12:01 am and ending at 12:00 pm i believe.
then theres fireworks, prizes and stuff :D

Neil
24-12-2006, 02:03 PM
in one of the main citys, think it;s lions are and some place starting with k which i cannot remember :D
every 3 hours starting at 12:01 am and ending at 12:00 pm i believe.
then theres fireworks, prizes and stuff :D

Would they be in Ascalon (Prophercies)? :P

Mr.Sam
24-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Would they be in Ascalon (Prophercies)? :P

not entirely sure, lions arch isn't that far from ascalon though.

Neil
24-12-2006, 02:19 PM
not entirely sure, lions arch isn't that far from ascalon though.

Cool thanks for your helppp +rep<3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!