PDA

View Full Version : PHP Help.

Lysine
25-12-2006, 02:20 AM
I have a layout coded in Divs and i have used a PHP include to open a page which works fine but when it comes to opening the pages in the main content box it wont happen it will only open in a new window how would i fix this? + rep for all help :)

- Lysine

Mentor
25-12-2006, 04:11 AM
Im a little confused? if your useing php includes clicking a link, will open another page, which may include a differnt file on to it yes?

Is the problem when a link is clicked that, the link opens in a new window insted of the parent one? If so its easy to fix.
1) remove the target="" attribute from the links, as without it, it will just use the defult setting, aka opening in the current window
2) if that does work, add the target attribute. And set it to ether.
target="_parent"
or
target ="_self"

Hope that helps and merry christmas.

Lysine
26-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Thank you mentor but i still dont understand :(

This is the layout http://www.thishabbo.net/usersystem/user/index.php

Mentor
27-12-2006, 01:21 AM
well in that instance your probably want to apply the skin to the register page "/
and remove the target (<a href="register.php" target="middle">Register Here</a> )

Or, as the system may be exspecting, add an ifraim with the name middle in to your content aria, to load the pages in?

Lysine
27-12-2006, 01:52 AM
what is the point in having a iframe when it is coded in divs and expands aint there a way where you can add like (name="main") as you can with a Iframe and then when you do a link you add (target="main") and it will show it in the content box.

Dentafrice1
27-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Is this xRoyal's system?

Im working on his now :P

Lysine
27-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Is this xRoyal's system?

Im working on his now :P

Yh it is Lol.

Dentafrice1
27-12-2006, 02:03 AM
- <a href=\"members.php\" target=\"mainframe\">Members List</a><br />

Put mainframe as your iframes name ;)

Robbie
27-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah it would be simpler to just use an iframe.

Dentafrice1
27-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I fixed it =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!