PDA

View Full Version : Good enough to do Desert Treasure? [+REP]

Dudey!
26-12-2006, 02:12 AM
I really want to do Desert Treasure, i've completed all the quests, and have nearly got all the required skills; working on Firemaking and Thieving.
But have i got the overall combat stats to complete the quest? Anyone who has done this quest before, your help/experience would be appreciated.
I have around 2Million to spend on pots/armour/weapons/rune/sharks ect.

Stats
====
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9232/dthl7.th.png (http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dthl7.png)

Kamil
===
Use fire bolt - With Family Crest gauntlets.
Use full Mystic Robes
Super Restore Pots
Prayer Pots
Sharks

Dessous
======
Use dragon schimitar
Full rune
Super Strength
Prayer Pots
Sharks

Fareed
=====
Dragon hide armour
Water Blast
Runes
Sharks
Prayer Pots

Damis
====
Full rune
DDS
Dragon Schimitar
And full inventory of prayer pots.

Any advice is welcome.

Matty
26-12-2006, 02:29 AM
which 1 is ice again?

kooldude23
26-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Dragon hide + mage = NO !

Bun
26-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah dont use d hide with mage.
But yeah, you will be easily be able to do it lol =P.

Born_To_Live
26-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Damis
====
Full rune
DDS
Dragon Schimitar
And full inventory of prayer pots.
You will need sharks 1/3
Any advice is welcome.[/quote]

And i had worse combat stats when i did it

JackBuddy
26-12-2006, 12:26 PM
I survived the quest with monkfish and lobbies... and I was only 57 mage at the time. I wore red dhide legs and zamorak top. There's no need for full mystic or full rune.

Dudey!
26-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I survived the quest with monkfish and lobbies... and I was only 57 mage at the time. I wore red dhide legs and zamorak top. There's no need for full mystic or full rune.

Isn't it REALLY hard then? I've been reading a few quest guides, and its looks pretty hard. I just want to be prepared.

/Rossco\
26-12-2006, 01:30 PM
hey, if you wait til the new year to do it i'll do it with you.
thats when i'll next be on and i've got al requirements. i'm only 73 att 78 str 45 def, using stat restore and normal pots.

Dudey!
26-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah, i'll probably wait. Got to get some stats up.
-52 Prayer
-65 Defence
-70 Mage

=]

The Professor
26-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I did it fairly easily by wearing full rune to get through the dungeon so as to not take a lot of damage, switching to zammy robes and using snare/earth blast + earth wave. You can ususally get about 3 hits per snare, and it shouldnt take more than 10 snares ar the absolute max. Just keep your prayer on all the time and you wont get hit by the skelebobs, and as long as you dont let him hit you often 4-5 prayer pots should be plenty.

Against dessous, there isnt much point wearing armour. Wear monk robes, prayer book, hoylysymbol etc to keep your prayer going for as long as possible. Keep prot from melee on. I say this because no matter what armour you wear, he'll always hit 5 with his ranged attack. Just have lot of lobs or better.

The smoke guy isnt even worth mentioning. Prot from melee and whack him

The ice guy attacks with melee and mage, so the best tactic is to wear full mystic and mage him with protect from melee on. If hes damaging you too much, switch prayer to protect from melee to protect from mage and back again. Hell hit 3 0s on you with melee and carry on magic. Do this as many times as needed.

In answer to your question, yes, itll be enough

Dudey!
26-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Which monster is the one you need 53 Theif for?

The Professor
26-12-2006, 04:15 PM
That would be damis

Dudey!
27-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Okay, these are the pots i bought:
-20 Prayer pots
-8 Super Restore
-8 Super Energy
-4 Super antis

Distad
27-12-2006, 12:14 AM
um you can just do what all the other pures do
have friends drop sharks
run aroundtill you find a good spot and mage em :P
make sure to bring entangle/snare runes :D
USE ELEMENTAL RUNES AGAINST THEM

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!