PDA

View Full Version : Human Rights Watch (HRW) Says Saddam Hussien Verdict is Flawed and Unsound

-:Undertaker:-
27-12-2006, 05:37 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42278000/jpg/_42278428_get203bodylook.jpg Saddam Hussein's trial did not meet fair trial standards, HRW says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6164212.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6164212.stm)

The HRW has concluded that Saddam Hussien did NOT get a fair trial.

No suprises there, it says Saddam's defence team didn't get to challenge witness's and the prosocution didn't present evidence that pointed towards Saddam being innocent.

The EU has also warned Iraq not to carry out the Death sentence.

Under Iraqi law the execution time and date is not allowed to be annoced until the accused has been killed, so we'll only find out when he's dead after he's died.

liquid
27-12-2006, 05:39 PM
who cares if it wasn't fair? :s

27-12-2006, 05:49 PM
who cares if it wasn't fair? :s

Because the Americans invaded that country illegally which has caused thousands of deaths, was it fair on Iraq?

This isn't a trial, it's a political trial which the US controls.

RedStratocas
27-12-2006, 06:03 PM
There is no way to do it fairly unfortunatly because of the situation. In this case, we have to go with the verdict. Even though I am huge on fair trial.

StainCast
27-12-2006, 06:24 PM
The man is a world- known, infamous genecidal menace.. He is known at that all over the world, more so in his own country than anywhere.

He was given as fair a trial as possible.

I'm happy with the verdict.

Browney
27-12-2006, 06:40 PM
He would get the same verdict anywhere else in the world. Everyone hates him.

DiscoPat
27-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Its stupid, simple as that.

One of Americas reasons for going in Iraq was to make 'democracy' etc,
well by letting Saddam get hung, they just prove more and more that they realy went in for petrol/oil.

But, when they do the mistake and hit Iran, then that will be the end of America..

28-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Its stupid, simple as that.

One of Americas reasons for going in Iraq was to make 'democracy' etc,
well by letting Saddam get hung, they just prove more and more that they realy went in for petrol/oil.

But, when they do the mistake and hit Iran, then that will be the end of America..

You see i'm partly in favour of invading Iran if they threatend a country, but Iraq wasn't a threat at all, as said in Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 the USA invaded a country which has never posed any threat what so ever to the west.

Iraq was a partly western countery under Saddam now it's not, now it's a country which is so very close to Civil war even though the most powerful Nation USA is there.

Great job bush and blair.

PigsNose
29-12-2006, 10:33 AM
I think the trial did go fairly, and even if they did get challenged I think the verdict would be the same.

GommeInc
30-12-2006, 12:29 PM
He would get the same verdict anywhere else in the world. Everyone hates him.
Thoughtless accusation. The civilised countries of the world (that's mainly anywhere in Europe), are against it and think he shouldn't be executed. But you get the unfair US who are aching for another execution and Iraq who are just following their laws.

They only attacked Iraq because they made up some stupid idea that it was a threat, they had "Weapons of Mass-Destruction" which have not been found. Funny how their goal changed the moment they entered Iraq to kill any civilian infront of them and hunt down a man who was innocent until they descided to kill him for something he did many years ago. He wasn't a threat, but the people who went to war thought he was.

DiscoPat
30-12-2006, 08:21 PM
You see i'm partly in favour of invading Iran if they threatend a country, but Iraq wasn't a threat at all, as said in Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 the USA invaded a country which has never posed any threat what so ever to the west.

Iraq was a partly western countery under Saddam now it's not, now it's a country which is so very close to Civil war even though the most powerful Nation USA is there.

Great job bush and blair.

Lol, US is a threat to ALOT of countrys so is it right if alot of countrys team up and invade US? Iran is a threat only because US cant invade them and get the oil.

gazgul1
30-12-2006, 08:23 PM
LOL @ not fair, he killed like 140 people, he deserved to die.

Dan2nd
30-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm against his death I think it would be worse for him if he had to stay alive in prison

GommeInc
30-12-2006, 09:06 PM
LOL @ not fair, he killed like 140 people, he deserved to die.
LOL at you not knowing he didn't personally kill all of them :rolleyes: And LOL at you think Bush and Blair should be killed, after all, they did allow the war and have gotten loads of soldiers and innocent Iraqi's killed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!