PDA

View Full Version : Members System Query

splintercell!
02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Ok I have set up this members system here:
www.mymx.ax-hosting.com/site/registration.php

and it all works fine. Abit like habbos I suppose but I cant seem to be able to say add a page for settings and keep the person logged in and then it goes into a war of loging-in where you just repeatedly have to log in and then comes up another screen Any ideas.. ???

jamie5k
02-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Ahh i tried that one its totally rubbish trust me I have found a better one pm me an i tell you.

splintercell!
02-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Ye I made it with the help of a Tutorial on phpfreaks but I know what it all does and ive edited it. Its quite interesting especailly the user levels..

Mentor
02-04-2005, 10:27 PM
whats the login system, sessions or cookies?

splintercell!
03-04-2005, 12:31 PM
It uses sessions. I think if I just use the database it should work..I think this is the problem when I move it on to a new page it wont stay logged in because of this code <?php
session_start();
header("Cache-control: private");
if (!$_SESSION['username']) {
echo "You aren't logged in.";
include("login.html");
exit();
}
?> but thats needed to make sure you are logged in. So how do I keep an account logged in.

Mentor
03-04-2005, 03:04 PM
so i take it, that goes at teh top of the page to find out if they have the login session.
Ok. Im not particlay good with sessions, but id guess ist a problem with transfering the session data from one page to the next. Ipb adds the sessions to the url to do this, but im not siure how its done normaly as ive never got it to work and as i was in a hurry use cookies which are easyer.

splintercell!
03-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok thanks Ill look into it :) the reason I used sessions is because cookies are being blocked out more now etc. maybe for now i can just try
<?
include ('page.php')
?> to keep the session..

-JT-
03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
i am thinking of somthing like this for hte LPR

splintercell!
03-04-2005, 04:58 PM
yeh like each user could have a profile saying his favourite member and song etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!