PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 - Worth getting a HD?

NekkLe
28-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Basically, i've decided to treat myself and buy a 360. The question is; is it worth getting a HDTV for it? i'm not bothered about the graphics, i'd just like to play online.
I could eventually get a HDTV but not atm, just trying to save myself some money :P

Pixel
28-12-2006, 06:08 PM
If you're not bothered about the graphics then i'm not sure if there's much point
I don't have HD either but the graphics are still great, but hopefully early 2007 my parents will get a hdtv :D

summer
28-12-2006, 06:17 PM
i thought the point of a HDTV was to enhance the graphics? if you're not bothered then i'd save your money and spend it on games.

Azul
28-12-2006, 06:29 PM
i'd say it's worth it, you can defiantly see the difference, especially in games like Gears of War. But if you aint bothered about graphics, there isn't much point is there?

Xbox Live is a must though.

NekkLe
28-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I'll eventually get one because it'll go nicely in my room, I like to know from experience whether its worth getting one or not.

Cheers guys.

kano
28-12-2006, 07:40 PM
i would say wait because you said you're not fussed on graphics.
wait for the price to drop

Bear-Max
28-12-2006, 07:59 PM
If you don't care about graphics, then there's not really much point. But it does look so much nicer - everything's sharper, more vibrant and the detail is brilliant. I bought a 26 inch HD for my bedroom and it looks great. I'm not sure anything smaller would be worth it though, because the screen would be too small for the detail to make much difference.

Recursion
28-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Well it does look stunning in PGR 3 in HD :P

Ive got my xbox 360 hooked upto my Dell 19" 1907FP PC Monitor - PC connects via DVI and Xbox via VGA, I can just change the source at the touch of a button. Then because ive got a soundbar i connected it to my old PC Speakers - So my PC uses the soundbar and my xb uses the old speakers :P

If you did do the speakers thing you would have to buy a male to male 3.5mm adaptor - The VGA Cable comes with a Phono (Sound) to 3.5MM Jack plug...

I love being a smart-*** xD

NekkLe
28-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Well it does look stunning in PGR 3 in HD :P

Ive got my xbox 360 hooked upto my Dell 19" 1907FP PC Monitor - PC connects via DVI and Xbox via VGA, I can just change the source at the touch of a button. Then because ive got a soundbar i connected it to my old PC Speakers - So my PC uses the soundbar and my xb uses the old speakers :P

If you did do the speakers thing you would have to buy a male to male 3.5mm adaptor - The VGA Cable comes with a Phono (Sound) to 3.5MM Jack plug...

I love being a smart-*** xD

*Baffled*

I'll keep that in mind ;)

I've been looking for a HDTV and there slowly decreasing in price so I may just buy the 360 for the moment, get it hooked up online then look for a tv. I've seen a Philips 32" LCD HDTV for £599.99, it would look sexy in my bedroom so i'll eventually get one.

flyingcat06
29-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm getting a hdtv, 26" with freeview, dvd, and all for £669.
BARGAIN!

You should get a HD, if not for the graphics just for the sheer experience in general.

Matty123
29-12-2006, 10:17 AM
I've got a Xbox 360. The graphics are great but if you got a small tv you wont enjoy it. It's best getting a wide tv cuz you cant see the writing very well (not in graphics ways i mean it's really tiny on small tv)

summer
29-12-2006, 10:59 AM
i play on my small tv in my room and it's still a highly enjoyable console.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!