PDA

View Full Version : Smoking I Needed It!

scambuster92
29-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Ok my age is 15 and i live in australia right and im an apprentice chef and im 15 and its alot stress believe me, since 2 months ago i have started smoking and kept smoking, and i love it right it takes the stress right off my shoulders but i wont to know should i do monthly doctor checks and all that because i dont wont it to impact my body really bad? Can you guys please tell me what i should do?

Jackbee
29-12-2006, 01:57 PM
well, its depends how many you are smoking, 20-40 a day is bad, but 1 or 2 away isnt. i suggest you do see the doctor so he can give you advice

foxyfox00
29-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Well the hospitality industry is stressful but smoking is a bad habit and taking it up because it relieves stress isnt good. As for your doctor if your blood pressure gets higher and you get short of breath he will notice, depends on how much you smoke and stuff. If you want to quit, quit if not keep smoking. Watch the ads on tv they preety much show you what your in for if you smoke.

scambuster92
29-12-2006, 02:19 PM
well since its christmas break my whole shift it 11 hours of **** breaking work with the half hour break i usually smoke 1-2 and 1-2 in the night and i might go to the doctors next week!

English
29-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Smoking will impact your body, whether you see your doctor or not. Give up. If you get stressed out then there's other methods that [men in particular] used to help relieve stress;)

scambuster92
29-12-2006, 02:40 PM
ohh yea as if i am going to do that in the middle of work lol stupid answer

The-Great-Dude
29-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Smoking 2 or so a day won't make a huge impact, but smoking still isn't a good idea.

YoManGo!
29-12-2006, 03:52 PM
The damage is overrated, if you're smoking 1-2 a day then you'll be fine unless you're very unlucky. It'd be much worse if you were drinking lots to relieve stress, it's just that smoking is automatically seen as a bad thing, which it only becomes when done in an excess really.

CrabRacket
29-12-2006, 08:54 PM
You can smoke if you want but remember that smoking leads to bad health and years of suffering.
Do it at your own risk!

MsTanya
29-12-2006, 08:57 PM
eugh i've started smoking again too, only around 10 a day though. if you're only smoking a couple then i wouldn't worry too much, just bare in mind what you're doing to yourself [:

YellowParasol
29-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Even smoking just once can affect you long term..

Barkseh2131
29-12-2006, 09:44 PM
apprentice chef at 15 ;o?

i'd advise giving smoking up all together.

Browney
29-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah give up. However little or how many you smoke, it's still going to affect you inside and out.

Plus I would rather not have an ashtray mouth breathing all over my food if you want to be a chef. I know you're not that bad At The Moment.

Mentor
29-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Ok my age is 15 and i live in australia right and im an apprentice chef and im 15 and its alot stress believe me, since 2 months ago i have started smoking and kept smoking, and i love it right it takes the stress right off my shoulders but i wont to know should i do monthly doctor checks and all that because i dont wont it to impact my body really bad? Can you guys please tell me what i should do?

Well most the stress is your own fault "/ Smokeing only relives the stress caused by the nicotean cravings brought about my smokeing, If you wernt smokeing that stress wouldnt exist in the first place and wouldnt need to be taken of your sholders, the only differnce comes in what is relative to the normal stress level "/

Browney
29-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Also, you could develop smokers cough and again, it could cause hygeine problems in the kitchen.

Casanova
30-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I smoke occasionally, it's absolutely rank and makes me feel sick but i do it when i'm drinking, i'm occasionally a social smoker.

I don't think it takes away stress? It's horrible. But urm if i was you i'd quit and stop lying to yourself, if your 'career' is too stressful go find another route to follow.

scambuster92
30-12-2006, 01:33 PM
First off man how am i lieing to myself i had more stress before i started smoking went stuff went wrong i went to a certain place and kick the hell out of boxes which did nothing and i wont have smoke breath if i brush my teeth every day and night would it?

Dudey!
30-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Just quit. You'll be better of in the long and short term without them.

,Jess,
30-12-2006, 08:09 PM
give up now because if you carry on you might start smoking more and it'll be harder to give up

_SG_
30-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I smoke i'm not sure why any more... i smoke like 10 rollies a day... i really need to cut down.

Breakfloor
30-12-2006, 08:24 PM
You should quit..

Plank
30-12-2006, 08:44 PM
If your job is making you stressed, why not quit? Don't do something you don't enjoy!

Imnotpure
30-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Ask frank thingy on theadvert. Could get some advice there.

womanizer
31-12-2006, 04:00 AM
is smoking meant to make u feel light headed.

Adam!
31-12-2006, 04:11 AM
You shouldn't have started smoking, but then again neither should I..

Yeah, it's easy to have 1-2 a day.. At first, then you have 2-4, 10-12, 15-20 etc..

Believe me, I started off on like 2 a day - Managed fine.. Now I smoke what err 20-25, sometimes more?

I'd quit now, smoking only a little amount it should be easy for you too stop..

As for health, well smoking just 1 cig can give you all sorts of problems - Soo you know.

But I agree, smoking relieves alot of stress - I notice that at school, have a bad lesson or whatever - Really stressed, go outside for a cig and im alot calmer, still stressed but not as much.

I don't like smoking, but because I've been doing it for errr 4 years, I've grown to the smell (cant even smell it tbh) and rather like the taste :|

Samster
31-12-2006, 04:17 AM
attention seeker

Herman
31-12-2006, 10:33 AM
If your job is making you stressed, why not quit? Don't do something you don't enjoy!
Yeah. You're still a teen, live life to the fullest before working.

But anyway, I suggest you quit before it's too late. You may think one or two a day is fine but it's better safe than sorry.

ElectricBanana
31-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Smoking will impact your body, whether you see your doctor or not. Give up. If you get stressed out then there's other methods that [men in particular] used to help relieve stress;)

lol i was ust going to suggest that :P

ElectricBanana
03-01-2007, 02:17 PM
ohh yea as if i am going to do that in the middle of work lol stupid answer

as if your gonna smoke while at work... your a chef!!!

edit: oops sorry bout double post i posted the other one a long time ago and i wouldav thought someone else wouldav posted since then soooorrryyy

wishing
03-01-2007, 03:22 PM
4 a day doesnt do much, that was how much i was smoking before i cut it down to just smoking 'socially' lol and im still here! if theres a choice whether to start or not i'd always say dont start but seeing as you've already started well i find that when you're craving a cig, have sum gum instead or something. my new years resolution is to stop completely and cos i didnt have any on new years eve ive gone 4 days and im proud of myself :')!

Throne Sofa
03-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Smoking one or two a day is quite bad for you, but you should hopefully be ok like someone else said unless your very unlucky.

Mr Me
04-01-2007, 04:36 AM
QUIT QUIT QUIT people say its hard but i started smoking at 12 till i was 16 so bout 4 yrs i was smoking all you need i the will power to stop and find other ways to relieve stress

L1G-AU
09-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Well I do it the easy way and smoke weed .. Naa I do smoke cannabis but not everyday and i DONT smoke cigs.

Yeh i advise you do giveup on smoking it will help you long term

L1G.

:Hazel
09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
To put it bluntly if your that bothered about your health you wouldn't smoke.

Bladder
09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
You should Quit.
Start Drinking <3
No, No.
Quit And Chew Gum.
It Works Better For You And Your Body.

Fonejacker
09-01-2007, 02:17 PM
First off man how am i lieing to myself i had more stress before i started smoking went stuff went wrong i went to a certain place and kick the hell out of boxes which did nothing and i wont have smoke breath if i brush my teeth every day and night would it?

Even if u brush your teeth u will proberly have *** breath use Mouthwash.

And these are just suggestions of what you should do, so don't complain

Fart
09-01-2007, 04:42 PM
**** arnt healthy! Even the 1 a day can kill. I smoke , since i was 10 Im now 14 almost 15 , i wish i never started. But lucky enough you can stop and if you exercise you can get it all the junk out of your system Just dont carry on my advice!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!