PDA

View Full Version : Everton 3-0 Newcastle.

edible
30-12-2006, 07:47 PM
David Moyes was delighted with the victory over Newcastle at Goodison Park on Saturday.
Two goals from teenager Victor Anichebe and a rare strike from Phil Neville saw Everton end 2006 with an impressive 3-0 victory over the Magpies.
He told evertonfc.com: "I am really satisfied. The players did terrifically well in a good open game. Both sides went out to attack and I am happy we got the goals.
"We have ended up with a clean sheet again and we had good performances throughout.
"I thought the difference was that we got about Newcastle and didn't let them settle. They are a good improving side and I thought we tried to get at their young back four and put them under pressure."
The manager was delighted to see Anichebe on the scoresheet, particularly after having to give the striker a stern talking to at half-time after an opening 45 minutes where he felt the forward didn't do as well as he could despite netting the opening goal.
Moyes added: "They were terrific poachers goals from Victor but he got a rollicking at half-time. I didn't think he had done enough in the first half but he soon shut me up and that is what I want players to do.

"He has to work as hard even when things are not going his way. Sometimes you need people who can get goals in the six yard box and good on him. He is an 18-year-old who has got two goals in the Premier League there so good on him."
Everton now travel to Manchester City eyeing victory from the first game of 2007 - and a haul of 10 points from 12 over the Christmas and New Year period.
Moyes continues: "We know it will be tough. We have seven from nine - I wish it had been nine. But we are looking to get another three.
"2006 has been good for us. We had a bad 2005 but the end of last season and the majority of this season we have done quite well. You could actually be talking about 2006 having an unbelievable record but for one or two results."

----------------------------------------------
Emre shoulda been sent off tbh.
And apparently one of the newcastle players were racist towards Anichebe and then they started fighting.
They had a penalty and they wasted it, it blew straight over the bar.
Also, Nicky Butt was by the corner and we was boo'ing him and he gave people around me a snotty look and neally started fighting.
Before the match I met Andrew Johnson, Phil Neville, Mikel Arteta and Joseph Yobo

I got some pictures, Im currently uploading them:8
discuss
:rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!