PDA

View Full Version : Good Enough Pc?

Myzas
30-12-2006, 11:38 PM
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0260149435.116752152 8@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccehaddjkhhkjjhcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=569379&category_oid=-27735

Thats the link to the pc I want, is it good enough to play CSS with, I Mean perfect for CSS, No lag no problem atall?

ElectricBanana
30-12-2006, 11:51 PM
YES lol thats a perfectly good pc to lay css on, css needs, at minimum: 1.2 ghz processor and 256 mb of ram that has over twice as much processing speed and 4 times as much ram...

have fun playing when you get your awesome pc lol mine is really bad for css but i have to put up with it

Stephen
31-12-2006, 01:29 AM
My laptops worse i can play aim maps and that but when i go on surf maps, de map, cs maps I lag like hell but my ping is normal :S

Infrontation
31-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Indeed you should have no problems with a nice fresh pc with those specs! Make sure you get some good anti-virus software and spyware removal programs. Nothing worse than a nasty batch of spyware to slow down your computer speed and make your gaming experience worsen ie. Lag!
£499 isn't to bad although pcworld are generally not the best place to buy off.

I have nowhere good of the top of my head to purchase a pc as www.overclockers.co.uk are a bit over your price range for most of theirs.

http://pcs.timeuk.com/computers/bargain_computers/18091 Is a decent deal. However the graphics card may need to be updated and it is already £100 more expensive.

Whatever you choose aslong as your paying £400 you should be able to run it without lag. If you are considering any other packages make sure you check vital things like graphics card, processor speed etc. and take these into consideration.

Myzas
31-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Would it have like the latest windows movie maker etc?

Benjiwenji1_old
31-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Its windows xp media center what u think its going to come with
the computer im on is better then that

Myzas
31-12-2006, 10:27 AM

Well done. Want a blue peter badge. Idiot

Infrontation
31-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Well done. Want a blue peter badge. Idiot

Lol. Basically what I was going to say.
There isn't a great deal of advantages in game performance if you get Media center.

Myzas
31-12-2006, 10:31 AM
I know ;l I dnt really care bout media center, I jus want to have the best movie maker there is as thats what im used to doing...

Infrontation
31-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I think Microsoft automatically updates it anyway.. Or you can download it from Microsoft.com. There are most likely more movie editting tools out there anyway.

Myzas
31-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Overall, Dya think that pc would be a good pc to play 3d games on like CSS and halflife etc on? without lag etc

timROGERS
31-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah! I have a PC that's pretty similar other than the fact that it has a terrible onboard graphics processor, and it runs fine (other than the graphics :P)!

NekkLe
31-12-2006, 11:40 AM

I saw most of your clan on the SDC Server the other day ( a regular I go on ). Do you lot play in ED at all?

And Still, your PC should be fine for most new games, the specs are better than most requirements games need nowadays.

Myzas
31-12-2006, 11:41 AM
CHears people =]

Breakfloor
01-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Thats what i got, its good enough but it lags easy..my computer only lags when im playing css and then norton starts and you dont know but i hate lagg on css its like you take one step then before you know it your running into the wall LOL

But its almost perfect to play cs on halflife isnt so good its not the graphics or the lag its just not that good lol especially the one you get free with Css

Myzas
01-01-2007, 01:57 PM
So i shuldnt get the pc coz it'll lag?

NekkLe
01-01-2007, 03:47 PM
No, get it! its good enough to run css and various other games.

Breakfloor
02-01-2007, 12:28 PM
its good but dont run anything while playing it.. i left css running for like 3 hours playing glass_war non stop no lag. its fine until you start running something else like norton or limewire (never run limewire) i was like :l i was counter and then some noob ran up to me and stopped.. his gun was through my stomache yet it was a headshot.. stupid its real good for css but not for other games like elder scrolls 4 + 5

Get it! + get it from pc world coz you get good stuff from there and ask if you could get mcaffe instead of norton if possible if not delete norton and get avg. norton just slows down your computer

Benjiwenji1_old
06-01-2007, 12:01 PM
yeh I played SDC on de_cpl_mil and my clan is in ED

Infrontation
06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
its good but dont run anything while playing it.. i left css running for like 3 hours playing glass_war non stop no lag. its fine until you start running something else like norton or limewire (never run limewire) i was like :l i was counter and then some noob ran up to me and stopped.. his gun was through my stomache yet it was a headshot.. stupid its real good for css but not for other games like elder scrolls 4 + 5

Get it! + get it from pc world coz you get good stuff from there and ask if you could get mcaffe instead of norton if possible if not delete norton and get avg. norton just slows down your computer

Obviously
Norton is a crap anti-virus and anti-virus software scanning programs shouldn't be run while playing anything on anything system.
Limewire is just terrible. Gives you lots of spyware also.

If I were to be totally honest with you I would say your opinion is not right. The computer would easily run without lag..
My old computer
Intel Celeron 2.69Ghz
Nvidia 5800 Geforce Graphics card
80GB HDD
1GB DDR RAM

Runs without lag on nearly every map on css. Thats a computer more than three years old. Your computer has a far better processor, better graphics card, more HDD space and 1GB RAM also. I don't see how its going to lag. Especially for the first few months considering everything will be 'fresh'.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!