PDA

View Full Version : What Happened at OurHabbo & Remix's Involvement

Romanity
31-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi All,

Today, thanks to Baving, I became fully aware of who was really behind the happenings at OurHabbo. Though Baving did access my admin panel he did not cause any damage.

Remix as a whole has not been trying to hack OurHabbo. It was purely the person causing these problems getting into everyones minds.

He slipped up when he contacted Baving and baving then contacted me. Only two people had access to the cPanel and one of them was me. It was impossible for anyone else to get in.

After some things the hacker told me the other day things became clear. And after I ran some ip checks one user came up. Hes been working with us for months now. and he told baving "months ive been sucking up to management to get this".

I will not reveal the name of the Hacker, but is he very clever and had everyone fooled. I will say though for the record. HabboRemix had no involvement with any problems at OurHabbo and myself and baving are now working together to ensure ourhabbo is secure from these things.

It is therefore that I apolygise on behalf of everyone at ourhabbo for any problems or inconvenience we have caused to HabboRemix.

Thanks,
Lewis Bradish
OurHabbo Owner.

F32
31-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I/we don't care, nor want to care.

Your system is crap obviously because someone gained access - so it was your own fault.

Remix should've hacked you imo, properly hacked.

Invent
31-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Go on, say who it was :P

Swastika
31-12-2006, 03:59 PM
cPanel, its possible to "hack" into it.

F32
31-12-2006, 04:02 PM
cPanel, its possible to "hack" into it.
MySQL injections...

Swastika
31-12-2006, 04:07 PM
MySQL injections...
Yah :P

Just-One
31-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Wth? I've been offline past 3 days and missed quite a bit. HabboRemix being blamed for hacking? Everything hacking related I always get the blame for gawd lol..

Well thanks for clearing Remix's name I guess? :S

Dan!
31-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Wth? I've been offline past 3 days and missed quite a bit. HabboRemix being blamed for hacking? Everything hacking related I always get the blame for gawd lol..

LOL,

atlest your cleared for one thing rofl

GoldenMerc
31-12-2006, 04:28 PM

He thought Alan got someones pass via remix's housekeeping then got into the panel and deleted something but Alan didnt.

Dan!
31-12-2006, 04:32 PM
He thought Alan got someones pass via remix's housekeeping then got into the panel and deleted something but Alan didnt.

james was around when lewis said this

ScottDiamond
31-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I'll PM you some chatlogs with who I think your talking about Royal ;).

Dentafrice1
31-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I/we don't care, nor want to care.

Your system is crap obviously because someone gained access - so it was your own fault.

Remix should've hacked you imo, properly hacked.
I feel your post was rude -rep to you.

I didnt think alan would do this

Romanity
31-12-2006, 07:29 PM
I'll PM you some chatlogs with who I think your talking about Royal ;)
Oki... if you wish :S

I feel your post was rude -rep to you.

I didnt think alan would do this
Exactly, he didnt do it.

Dentafrice1
31-12-2006, 07:31 PM
I know.. why were you banned :s

Luckyrare
31-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Heh, people who you think are trusted do stupid things like this. *chokes* seacat&jackhb*chokes harder*

I am not sure if you could "hack" cpanel as such to be honest unless its a new version that hasn't been fully patched but it can happen (I got full root access on toms server once on cpanel / ftp, thats how leet I am)

ScottDiamond
31-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Illegal Activity.

Dentafrice1
31-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Heh, people who you think are trusted do stupid things like this. *chokes* seacat&jackhb*chokes harder*

I am not sure if you could "hack" cpanel as such to be honest unless its a new version that hasn't been fully patched but it can happen (I got full root access on toms server once on cpanel / ftp, thats how leet I am)
Im 1337er then you.. Haha is the the same luckyrare I worked with at Habbomedia?

Baving
31-12-2006, 09:26 PM
The point of the matter is that 'hacking' as it is called is not the answer. If you have a problem with a website just don't go on it, or if you are really inclined to cause damage then get them to somehow ban you from the site.

Causing damage just wastes time for the owner and staff of the site and is pointless as most sites keep regular backups of their systems. If you hack a website you don't really gain anything, remember Habbo is only a game. What are you going to gain? A few staff threads in a forum. Wow.

ScottDiamond
31-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Well put alan, +rep

Dentafrice1
31-12-2006, 09:40 PM
The point of the matter is that 'hacking' as it is called is not the answer. If you have a problem with a website just don't go on it, or if you are really inclined to cause damage then get them to somehow ban you from the site.

Causing damage just wastes time for the owner and staff of the site and is pointless as most sites keep regular backups of their systems. If you hack a website you don't really gain anything, remember Habbo is only a game. What are you going to gain? A few staff threads in a forum. Wow.
Well put.. why did you access his admin panel though?

Dan!
31-12-2006, 09:41 PM
well thats why two members of his team were Supended from ourhabbo

and yes what Baving said pointless and waste time hacking the site when owner got back ups lol

Dentafrice1
31-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Lewis did come to me asking for a way to take automatic backups.. so he is improving

Dan!
31-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Lewis did come to me asking for a way to take automatic backups.. so he is improving

yeah hes always took manual Backups :)

Dentafrice1
31-12-2006, 10:30 PM
DiscussHabbo.com??

WTH is up with that lol

Kanker.
31-12-2006, 10:35 PM
moved hosting. =]

Dan!
31-12-2006, 11:02 PM
DiscussHabbo.com??

WTH is up with that lol

LMAO WHAT THE HELL THAT GOT TO DO WITH THIS THREAD

BUT YEAH HAD DNS PROBLEM :l

LLLgonza
01-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Who's Alan?

i thought Bavings name was Chris....

Anyway, Dan and I are back for *hopefully* good.

Dans new Owner, and I'm back with my Site Manager Job :)

Luckyrare
01-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Im 1337er then you.. Haha is the the same luckyrare I worked with at Habbomedia? Yahuh but I quit due to Mizki been a total jerk. Matt was good to me but meh. I don't waste my time to people who are so smug, mizki.

Samster
01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Who's Alan?

i thought Bavings name was Chris....

Anyway, Dan and I are back for *hopefully* good.

Dans new Owner, and I'm back with my Site Manager Job :)

Alan lied about his name being Chris at first

Anyway welldone on getting it sorted

Romanity
01-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Re-opening OurHabbo at 1:30pm GMT ;)

ScottDiamond
01-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Alan lied about his name being Chris at first

Anyway welldone on getting it sorted

He got a name change.

ADAMS
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Well to be honest.

The user system was crap. I remember you post some of the code for the Index.php and it was the same as techtuts.

You can get a better user system for free from a CMS. And to code a User system with mySQL isnt hard. Plus you might want to use sessions.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!