PDA

View Full Version : Do you Think Sadam should of been Hung?

Fonejacker
31-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I think that Sadam dying wasn't appropriate i've seen the videos.
I know he was barbaric and killed alot of people but would you rather be locked up in a room for the rest of your life and never see sun light again or be exicuted? I forone would rather be exicuted and think he got the easy way out of killing all those peopl... Sadams Death will cause riots and make matters much much worse. What a time to kill him when everything was calming down...

Caution
31-12-2006, 06:06 PM
He should be tortureed the same way as he tortured everyone else.
if that makes sense.
hanging him didn't help at all.

Axel
31-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Well sure, he got what was coming to him. He killed loads of people, so it came back at him, and now he's been killed. But after he was hung, lots of car bombs etc went off. So the hanging wasn't really a good thing.

Chease
31-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I spit on his grave. I laughed when I saw the video. Stupid man.

gazgul1
31-12-2006, 06:08 PM
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8949/1dm0.png

Seatherny
31-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Being excecuted was the easy way out for him. He should have been tortured.

Caution
31-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Being excecuted was the easy way out for him. He should have been tortured.
*POINTS ABURVEE*

Judge Judy
31-12-2006, 06:19 PM
LOL AT THAT PICTURE

They can't torture him, Geneva Convention so yeah he diserved it.

Judge Judy
sorry problem

English
By being hung now, atleast he's dead and out of the way. I mean he could have got out of prison I reckon. Plus he'd still be getting publicity about being alive and his name would just be getting publicised more when they talk about him being in prison. Where as him being hung there is a few days worth of hype and then everyone can try & forget about him. Plus it'll put alot of people's minds at rests to those that lost loved ones.

---MAD---
31-12-2006, 09:28 PM
By being hung now, atleast he's dead and out of the way. I mean he could have got out of prison I reckon. Plus he'd still be getting publicity about being alive and his name would just be getting publicised more when they talk about him being in prison. Where as him being hung there is a few days worth of hype and then everyone can try & forget about him. Plus it'll put alot of people's minds at rests to those that lost loved ones.
Yeap precisely :).

-:Undertaker:-
31-12-2006, 10:21 PM
No, he kept Iraq under control and we've ruined it now.

ElectricBanana
01-01-2007, 04:53 PM
not exicuted... but i do think he should have been executed :P

RedStratocas
01-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Everyone is saying "what if he escapes?!"-- He isnt Freddy Kruger. Hes not going to go on a killing rampage. Plus, he's 69 years old, how could he possibly escape from a prison cell?

And I think it's a lose-lose situation either way. There were many extremely dedicated people to Saddam, people wont just forget about him. From a pre-hanging perspective: If they hang him, violence will break out, and if they dont hang him and keep him in prison, dedicated people would violently try to get him out.

summer
01-01-2007, 05:59 PM
as i said in another thread, he should of been kept in a cramped dingy little hole full of vermin, then forcefed horrible food then not allowed to the toilet and rotted to death.

DJ-Ali
01-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Exactly.

Papershop
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Ofcourse he desrved it, infact, he should of been tied to the floor and let people throw stones off him till he died. His death was too quick to justify for what he done

GommeInc
01-01-2007, 06:38 PM
No he didn't deserve it. Killing is never jutified. Granted he killed people, but not personally. The grusome murders were never carried out by Saddam all the time, the people sent to murder did more grusome kills.

He should of been left to live and serve the rest of his life in jail. If he did escpae (which is impossible), what would he do? He had nothing left? He was, a broken man. The only reason we went to war was for Weapons of Mass Destructive, which, as usual, America never found (the UK just backed up the US, as usual). They just used the whole idea to find Saddam.

After Saddam assisinated all thoses people in that village, he was the best PM in Iraq. Iraq was at peace, they were not a thread other than the dumb accusation of Weapons.

Also, people who are saying he should be tortured in my opinion should be tortured too. In our civilisation, we don't want SICK people who think watching a broken man die is funny should probably be killed too. Just shows to me you're capable of killing if given the chance. Wow, what is the world coming too? People wanting to watch a man get slaughtered, sick.

dirrty
01-01-2007, 06:40 PM
he got the easy way out. should of been tortured or let to rot in prison for the rest of his life

English
01-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Everyone is saying "what if he escapes?!"-- He isnt Freddy Kruger. Hes not going to go on a killing rampage. Plus, he's 69 years old, how could he possibly escape from a prison cell?

And I think it's a lose-lose situation either way. There were many extremely dedicated people to Saddam, people wont just forget about him. From a pre-hanging perspective: If they hang him, violence will break out, and if they dont hang him and keep him in prison, dedicated people would violently try to get him out.
Well I reckon he could have personally, he is not only a rich but a very influential person. And yeah he could easily go on a killing rampage, he could easily have got many of his followers to killed certain people.

I agree about it being lose lose, but he's dead now so there's nothing can be brought to get him back - good.

RedStratocas
01-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Thats a reason we shouldnt have hung him? How would it be better if he stayed alive, just curious?

Dan2nd
01-01-2007, 07:41 PM
No he didn't deserve it. Killing is never jutified. Granted he killed people, but not personally. The grusome murders were never carried out by Saddam all the time, the people sent to murder did more grusome kills.

He should of been left to live and serve the rest of his life in jail. If he did escpae (which is impossible), what would he do? He had nothing left? He was, a broken man. The only reason we went to war was for Weapons of Mass Destructive, which, as usual, America never found (the UK just backed up the US, as usual). They just used the whole idea to find Saddam.

After Saddam assisinated all thoses people in that village, he was the best PM in Iraq. Iraq was at peace, they were not a thread other than the dumb accusation of Weapons.

Also, people who are saying he should be tortured in my opinion should be tortured too. In our civilisation, we don't want SICK people who think watching a broken man die is funny should probably be killed too. Just shows to me you're capable of killing if given the chance. Wow, what is the world coming too? People wanting to watch a man get slaughtered, sick.

I totally agree with you mate no one ever deserves to die I think he would have suffered more in prison

Papershop
01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Well I reckon he could have personally, he is not only a rich but a very influential person. And yeah he could easily go on a killing rampage, he could easily have got many of his followers to killed certain people.

I agree about it being lose lose, but he's dead now so there's nothing can be brought to get him back - good.
What are you talking about, influential? Cos hes so gunna influence the security guards to let him out like. You dont know what your tlking about

GommeInc
01-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Thats a reason we shouldnt have hung him? How would it be better if he stayed alive, just curious?
It's not really about keeping him alive, it is about moral customs and common sense really.

The war was what started everything, it was a pointless war. Saddam was a good PM until the US made a daft accusation as per usual that he had WOMD which he never had and wasn't expecting to start a war in the West. The US made up that story.

RedStratocas
01-01-2007, 08:12 PM
It's not really about keeping him alive, it is about moral customs and common sense really.

The war was what started everything, it was a pointless war. Saddam was a good PM until the US made a daft accusation as per usual that he had WOMD which he never had and wasn't expecting to start a war in the West. The US made up that story.

I dont see why the US's actions make even of his actions? I agree that he controlled the country much better than we could, but now that we invaded and captured him... then what?

GommeInc
01-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Well considering they killed him, the group follwoing him are going to be a bit angry so there will probably some more death. I can't see the the allied forces moving out any time soon, unless they really don't care about Iraq and over look the fact that if we left, there would no one to stop more bombs and gun crimes.

Papershop
01-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Well considering they killed him, the group follwoing him are going to be a bit angry so there will probably some more death. I can't see the the allied forces moving out any time soon, unless they really don't care about Iraq and over look the fact that if we left, there would no one to stop more bombs and gun crimes.

he had a right to die, if his followers decide to kill more people, it is there choice, not ours. We cannot control peoples actions, if they decide to kill someone, that is there wrong doing

GommeInc
01-01-2007, 09:09 PM
With this theory, you also think Bush and Blair have a right to die. They ordered the war and aren't pulling out, which is actually good because now that they've killed Saddam, there would be alot of things happening for a few weeks.

Chip.Monk
01-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I think even after what he did, he shouldnt have been executed. I dont approve of the death penalty, and i dont think that anyone deserves it.

Papershop
01-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Why should we live in a world of worry? Bush And Blairs actions to help iraq become more stable in this world have backfired in some aspects, but they are only try to protect the other survillions on this planet. If they didnt step in, im sure Sadam would have ordered many more wars than what we are seeing today.

DiscoPat
01-01-2007, 10:32 PM
he had a right to die, if his followers decide to kill more people, it is there choice, not ours. We cannot control peoples actions, if they decide to kill someone, that is there wrong doing

Then why go into Iraq in the first place?
It's none of you/us lots business.

GommeInc
01-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Where is the proof of these wars? There were none planned, Iraq was quiet. The only fear was Iran and Iraq creating a war.

Papershop
01-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Then why go into Iraq in the first place?
It's none of you/us lots business.
If you read my last post, you wouldnt be asking yourself this question

Where is the proof of these wars? There were none planned, Iraq was quiet. The only fear was Iran and Iraq creating a war.
Err, youve just contradicted yourself mate.

GommeInc
01-01-2007, 11:06 PM
There was no war planned between Iraq and Iran, but there was a fear there maybe one. Not contradicting. No wars planned but a fear was there maybe one being planned. I wrote it quickly that post as I was needed downstairs.

There was no real reason to go into Iraq.

-Wolverine
01-01-2007, 11:29 PM
There are very few people in the World who deserve the death penalty, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden being 2 of them. Saddam imo, was actually a good leader of Iraq, sure he killed some people, but Iraq was in peace. Of course they had their tensions with neighboring countries, and Israel. But then the US and UK came and claimed he had weapons of mass destruction, which obviously in the end he didn't. I think for killing the people, and all the other crimes against humanity he has committed, he should just be sent to jail, it'd be very hard for him to escape, unless he can get communications from his loyal followers. Hanging him was technically an 'act against humanity' so Bush and co. are at fault there.

GommeInc
01-01-2007, 11:30 PM
There are very few people in the World who deserve the death penalty, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden being 2 of them. Saddam imo, was actually a good leader of Iraq, sure he killed some people, but Iraq was in peace. Of course they had their tensions with neighboring countries, and Israel. But then the US and UK came and claimed he had weapons of mass destruction, which obviously in the end he didn't. I think for killing the people, and all the other crimes against humanity he has committed, he should just be sent to jail, it'd be very hard for him to escape, unless he can get communications from his loyal followers. Hanging him was technically an 'act against humanity' so Bush and co. are at fault there.
Quoted for truth :) Everything was true there.

&
02-01-2007, 01:24 AM
I suppose hanging, especially at this time of Iraq's 'condition' wasn't the best decision to make... He shld be in a horrible pitch black cell on suiside watch at least until Iraq is better, but I suppose you cant argue.

He ordered the death of 145+ people.. He had it coming really.
I have no beef with him apart from that; it really wasnt fair.

DiscoPat
02-01-2007, 01:36 AM

Cant disagree one bit.:rolleyes: +rep.

Vodata1
02-01-2007, 12:29 PM

yeh i agree
i was banned for saying a good thing about saddam loL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papershop
02-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Completely wrong. it was not down to Bush and blair to decide upon sadams fate, for it was the judges and the panels decision to hang. Just because someone was a good leader, it cannot contemplate for what he done previously.

Vodata1
02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
LONG LIVE THE KING

GommeInc
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Completely wrong. it was not down to Bush and blair to decide upon sadams fate, for it was the judges and the panels decision to hang. Just because someone was a good leader, it cannot contemplate for what he done previously.
You do realise, he never personally murdered those people?

Have you not heard of the phrase, work with the present for the future? Not work with the past for the future?

Saddam was a good president, his only downfall was the fear of war between Iran and Iraq, the murders of a load of people in a village and non-existent weapons. As he never did kill those people personally, I don't think it is that bad. It was the followers of Saddam that slaughtered those people in discusting ways, not Saddam.

Also, if you want to play the past game. Saddam was an alcoholic who swore alot when he lived in Texas. Such a great President the US has. Also, Blair and Bush ordered the war to go ahead, and have killed more people than Saddam has ever done. When are they getting hung?

Papershop
02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Blair and bush did not do it personally though, if you think thats what matters. :l
the world was in danger, because we have one of the best ranked armies, it was are duty to invade.

Chip.Monk
02-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh btw, did you people know that america funded sadam?

They did it to try and get rid of communists in iraq basically, what he did, wasn't possable without their help.

Papershop
02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
well said

GommeInc
02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Blair and bush did not do it personally though, if you think thats what matters. :l
the world was in danger, because we have one of the best ranked armies, it was are duty to invade.
I was using your "amazing" theory. Obviously you are not acustom to sarcasm?

The US has one of the best armies?! They shoot first think later? The missled an EU/UN Convoy which was clearly showing the flag. They shoot allies on the same side without the blindest bit of sense? The "best" army would be an army that does it's job, not get aload of Iraqi Civilians in aload of homosexual positions or battering them about because they are black?

Oh btw, did you people know that america funded sadam?

They did it to try and get rid of communists in iraq basically, what he did, wasn't possable without their help.
Funny how the US thought they were funding Iraq's Nuclear Missile campaign which was I believe a reason to invade. It was possible what Saddam did with or without the money, we are talking about Saddam personally going to the public showing his love to the country. Not waving money in their faces?

Papershop
02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
People are aloud there views, i have already stated mine, please dont try to convert me because it wont happen. The US and UK are doing the best they can to improve are safety, and i dont believe i have stated such a theory, that you keep mentioning in every post.

MsTanya
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
na i dont. i think that he was a good leader, jail would have been fair

GommeInc
02-01-2007, 01:43 PM
So what did he do exactly? He never killed those people which is hinted in this post? It wasn't exactly a theory, more like an idea.

Bush and Blair never personally killed the Iraqi people. But your idea that Saddam did, because it seems to be the only reason you hate him. Bush and Blair should be hung, for allowing and continuing to allow the soldiers in Iraq because it seems the only reason for Saddam to be hung was because he killed the villagers all those years ago. The fact it was his represetantives and he never told them to use tree cutters and lamp posts seems to be out of the question. With this idea, we can extract the idea on to Bush and Blair with what they have done in the past, in Iraq.

US troops stripped Iraqi prisoners naked and put them in homosexual positions e.g. 69 position, doggy etc.
US troops shot civilians dead before ever trying to question them.
UK troops battered Iraqi prisoners because they were Iraqi. Same applies to the US.

Now, think of what people have said. "That Saddam killed these people." He never did, but we can say Bush and Blair killed/tourtured those people because we seem to allow people to say Saddam killed the people. Do they not deserve to be hung too?

Personally, I think what Saddam did, killing all those people was less psychologically embarassing as what the US and UK troops did to prisoners.

If you can't understand what I just said, I'll make a cleaner one in a few seonds.

ebay
02-01-2007, 01:43 PM
he killed hundreds of people, so why shouldnt he have been killed himself

PaintYourTarget
02-01-2007, 01:44 PM
He's dead now, the insurgents have one less thing to fight for.

Sure, Saddam kept his country in order but the ways he allowed to do this were completely unacceptable. They had so many charges to punish him for, but they only put him on trial for the one he was hung for as it was the quickest and easiest to prove guilty.

GommeInc
02-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Indeed, but death I think shouldn't of been allowed. They could of done all the reasons to sentence him before a result. Which personally should just of been life time in jail. Hanging never answered anything, other than there is no justified reason to kill someone. He never physically murdered those villagers which I think shouldn't of been the reason why he got death. The people who killed them should of?

The whole war was pointless from the beginning. I don't actually know why they went to war. I don't think it was to capture Saddam, that reason came during the war.

Papershop
02-01-2007, 02:08 PM
"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq," he told a foreign policy forum on the eve of elections to establish Iraq’s first permanent, democratically elected government.

"And I’m also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we’re doing just that."

"We are in Iraq today because our goal has always been more than the removal of brutal dictator," he said.

"It is to leave a free and democratic Iraq in his place.

"My decision to remove Saddam Hussein was the right decision. Saddam was a threat and the American people and the world is better off because he is no longer in power," the President told the Woodrow Wilson International Centre for Scholars

Stated by President Bush

GommeInc
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
He was a threat? To what? Bush is an idiot, he thought there were Weapons of Mass Destruction. He only used the WOMD card to get Saddam, the fact Saddam hadn't done anything for about 10 years when they started this whole mess kind of makes me wonder if he is telling the truth.

They are in Iraq, to cause more problems. As stated from many critics. The blood of Saddam is the petrol to the fire. Since the war, Iraq is a mess. It is a religious battle. An idiot like Bush, who thinks that capital punishment for big and small “evil doers” is God’s work, because it is in the "bible." God will have Bush's head.

The death of Saddam has not stopped the 2 Iraqi groups, it is business as usual with Shia killing Sunni. As acknowledged with the bombs going off in Iraq the moment he got hanged.

Papershop
02-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I think Bush thought saddam was a threat to his country. As he is the priminister, it is his duty to keep his country safe

GommeInc
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
It was safe, until the war started and the US and UK made it unsafe by killing innocent Iraqi men, women and children. By safe I mean, able to live with. The UK and US aren't safe, no where is safe?

Bush and think don't come into the same sentence and mix well...

Mr Me
04-01-2007, 04:55 AM
Saddam Hussain didnt do anything it was the people who worked for him and worshiped him

BL!NKEY
04-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Saddam Hussain didnt do anything it was the people who worked for him and worshiped him

Hitler didnt do anything eaither.....

Saddam was behind the deaths of hundreds of people and was tried in his own country with the new government and they decided to hang him. That is democracy. The US actualy wanted to slow down the trial but the Iraq government wanted him to be exacuted as soon as possible.

:Hazel
04-01-2007, 03:05 PM
In a way no, because I think he should have been made to suffer like he made thousands of other people.

Ezzie.
06-01-2007, 04:08 AM
To all you sickos saying he should be tortured, hung drawn and quartered etc, you're seriously messed up... Doing that to him would lower you to a barbaric and evil level of humanity.

As mentioned many times before it was his followers that did the acts, also to one of your quotes saying bush said "we have removed an evil dictator out of power" or whatever, why support a hanging? Shouldn't they have removed him put him on trial (a non death penalty affiliated trial) and put him into jail for his acts against humanity.. you know i'm just trying to use logic here...

Also whoever said "hitler didn't phsyically kill all the people" he ordered the containment camps where they gassed the prisoners and beat them brutally, slammed their hands and fingers in doors repeatedly? Yep, he's a saint.

Don't get my wrong Saddam was a very evil man, but killing him will spark many flames, if there's any terrorist attacks i won't be surprised "/

<3
06-01-2007, 06:38 AM
Of course, he killed thousands of people, and must have ruined millions of people's lives. If I'm correct he even killed one of his own daughters?

RedStratocas
07-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Of course, he killed thousands of people, and must have ruined millions of people's lives. If I'm correct he even killed one of his own daughters?

Lol, he even killed his best friend.

I think the ONLY decent solution to this was-- and I am completely serious-- to keep the court case going. Never end it until he's dead. Just keep delaying a conviction. That way, pro-Saddam loyalists wouldnt get violent because he would still have a chance to be free, and anti-Saddamists would be happy because they would be confident he would be executed or put away for life. And once he actually died (which wouldnt be that long, he was in bad health) he wouldnt be seen as a mayrter.

I know it would never happen, but Im just throwing in my two cents.

Intellect
11-01-2007, 08:36 AM
It's more of a question of justice. People who were personally afflicted by Saddam's annexation would then have to wait up to 20 years or even more to see some real constitutionality being placed.

If Saddam wasn't to be killed it would display a more skeptical and lenient stereotype upon reactions of such travisties. It could potentially open the floodgate to more possible tyrants knowing that even after thousands of cases of homocide, the worse their going to get is to be locked up.

I personally would rather be locked up, when locked up you can still feel, whether it be bereaved or happy you're still alive, and to have kept Saddam alive would make the judgements even worse than Saddam himself, in the eyes of those inflicted by him.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!