PDA

View Full Version : LOL! I have OCD!

StainCast
31-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Lmao. Yessum. It's true.

My dad took me to a councillor today because he said my cleaning habbits were getting "Out of Control" and he was worried that I was developing OCD. hehe.

Anyway we got to this Youth Centre in Perton and i had to see this woman. She took me into this room and started asking me all these questions about my background, my parents, and my lifestyle. She started asking me loads of questions about my sexuality as i've only just come out to my family.

Then she started talking to my Dad, and while she was doing so, she kept looking at me and giving me that "You special Child, You" look. It was so irritating. I hate Councillors.

Thennn.. She went out of the room for about 10 mins and then came back in with this man, who she introduced as some kind of doctor. She then sat down and she said: "Now Jody, we think you may have developed a minor case of Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder" and i started to laugh. hehe.

But then the man started saying how it could lead to other things and eventually it would take over my life.. :l I was like.. uhh.. i'm 16, dude.. :s

So anyway i've got these excersises to do every day. It suaks.

Nixt
31-12-2006, 08:01 PM
It's better to do what they tell you, because it really can get out of control.

Charlie
31-12-2006, 08:02 PM
You'll be sitting there one day, in a paded cell, rocking back and forth saying "I must clean" continously.

dirrty
31-12-2006, 08:02 PM
how did it start out? like what did it develop from

StainCast
31-12-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm not going to blame my Mum.. but she's a complete cleaning freak lol. It started off in year 7, when i started showering every day. Then in year 9 i started to shower twice every day. Then i started washing my hands all the time. Then i got really ill because i was washing all the time and i had destroyed my immune system.

Then i started to tidy the house, and my room. Polishing to the extent that i wore the varnish off my mums table. I started polising and hoovering.

I really, honestly, dont see a problem with it. You can't be too clean.

beer
31-12-2006, 08:33 PM
You'll be sitting there one day, in a paded cell, rocking back and forth saying "I must clean" continously.

I Lmao'd.

On topic: Yeah what did it develop from? Also I like to tidy things but not tht often. I like everything in its place but mainly because I get angry when I cant find it :P.

Oh edit: Just found out what it developed from :P

brandon
31-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I got OCD too, but it isn't as serious as yours.

Nixt
31-12-2006, 08:37 PM
There is no real understanding of what causes OCD is there... There are different theories, the main two being Psychological and Biological theories.

StainCast
31-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Also I like to tidy things but not tht often. I like everything in its place but mainly because I get angry when I cant find it :P.

Lol thats how i started out. But now i get really annoyed when i can't find somthing. I was looking for my stapler earlier today and it was gone from my computer desk. I got so annoyed and i started hunting through the kitchen draws for it. (where i found it) lol

Ostinato
31-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Lol I take like 3 showers a day. You can't beat the feeling of it lol. I just love standing there all nice and cosy and warm in my wee bathroom! :)

Samster
31-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I have loads, like having to check the door is locked at night everytime i walk past it

StainCast
31-12-2006, 11:16 PM
yeah! I know. Sometimes i'll get in the shower and i'll realise i've just been standing there in the shower for like 10 minutes doing nothing.

Lol I take like 3 showers a day. You can't beat the feeling of it lol. I just love standing there all nice and cosy and warm in my wee bathroom! :)

Lexm
01-01-2007, 02:40 AM
I have loads, like having to check the door is locked at night everytime i walk past it

I'm the same.. If we're going out for the night, ill have to check the door 2 or 3 times before i can go. I check it once, then 2 mins later, ill check it again. its the same with my phone when i take it to school or work, ill have to check if its on silent like 4 times rofl.

because he said my cleaning habbits were getting "Out of Control" and he was worried that I was developing OCD. hehe

Im exactly like that aswell lmao. everything has to be clean for me, except for my room, with my room honestly, i dont care, but if im in the deli, in the lounge room, kitchen, etc, everything must be clean. honesty i dont really think i have an ocd, its just a habit..

Elequance
01-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I have to check all the taps are off all the time because I think that there will be a flood when I leave the house.
I can be really "everything must be in its place" sometimes. I remember I was on holiday in spain and my parents were at the supermarket checkout and I was at the washing up liquid isle turning all the bottles to face the same way because they were getting on my nerves.
In public places I need things to be in place but in my bedroom I am so messy, it's wierd.

I sometimes think that if I dont do things a certain way, something bad will happen *shrugs*
Maybe I need to go see a doctor. Lmao. It doesn't take over my life though so no worries really.

Dracolis
01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I think most ppl actually have OCD. It's only when it gets really bad that you are told you have OCD but it is basically to do with habits and rituals or superstitions. Most footballers have these rituals (for example putting the right boot on before the left). David Beckham is famous for having OCD now and I think Gazza has it too. I find it gets worse when you are feeling irritated or are thinking too much about stuff. I know when it is getting bad for me when my knuckles start to bleed coz they have got too dry from washing.

risque
01-01-2007, 05:18 PM
OCD isn't anything to laugh about, to be honest. Good luck on getting rid, though.

Casanova
01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm not going to blame my Mum.. but she's a complete cleaning freak lol. It started off in year 7, when i started showering every day. Then in year 9 i started to shower twice every day. Then i started washing my hands all the time. Then i got really ill because i was washing all the time and i had destroyed my immune system.

Then i started to tidy the house, and my room. Polishing to the extent that i wore the varnish off my mums table. I started polising and hoovering.

You can get too clean, if you deprive yourself of day-to-day germs your bodies defences begin to let down, like yours did. If your mum did it constantly when you were a baby it develops your allergies and illnesses, weakens your confidence and normal life, or what could of been...

Luckyrare
01-01-2007, 05:30 PM
I want one ;( Well I have a kinda sexual one but anyway.

Ostinato
01-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I want one ;( Well I have a kinda sexual one but anyway.

Does that include radiators? ;P pmsl.

Elaborate please... I'm intrigued :P

Re-Call
01-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Joo, you have a talent most people don't want to take up
You clean!
For me, i clean on the odd chance but my other friends leave it to their mums and dads.
I just can't bare to leave a mess for my mum, i feel so guilty!

Most importantly its better to live in a clean enviroment than a messy 1, unless you want Kim & Aggie strutting their stuff in your home

lol

RedStratocas
01-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Haha, I love how there is always something wrong with kids. If they dont clean their room, they must have ADD, if they do, they must have OCD.

Anyway, OCD is more serious then being orginized and getting mad when there are lines on the board. Everyone at school thinks they have OCD because they hate it when there are lines left on the board, but its not that simple. Thats just a quirk. OCD is constant handwashing, the urge for everything to be even, neat, andhaving to something, no matter how random, every time you get the opportunity.

Thq
03-01-2007, 11:36 PM
david beckham and pete bennet have this syndrome they need to have like everything just right like they might brush their teeth for half a minute at night then like 5 hours in worse case sinarios

Dentafrice1
03-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Yea i bet thats not all you get in the shower for

vogue
03-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Yes you can jo :(((

When you don't do it do you feel something bad is going to happen to you / your family?

Dentafrice1
03-01-2007, 11:46 PM
I washed my hands like all the time one time.. I quit after I rubbed it raw and couldnt touch anything for weeks

Caution
03-01-2007, 11:50 PM
You can't be too clean in my opinion.
But, obviously you can be...

Yea i bet thats all you get in the shower for
Lmao.

Dentafrice1
03-01-2007, 11:52 PM
You can't be too clean in my opinion.
But, obviously you can be...

Lmao.
Haha but I bet its not :P

Caution
03-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Haha but I bet its not :P
Rofl, probably.

ItsDave
04-01-2007, 01:04 AM
I have OCD, Its minor but its there, like with my microwave, I have to have it on 00:00 when not going. And my handwriting, I want to hurt my hands when I know I can do better, but my parents, they think Im kidding. So im safe, no counceling for me. :D

Jazza
04-01-2007, 05:52 AM
So anyway i've got these excersises to do every day. It suaks.

I was diagnosed with OCD as a child as I was obsessed with washing my hands, when I woke up, before eating, after eatin, when I had help a pen or pencil. I didn't notice it myself and that's how it got to be a problem: I had to do excersices too, like put boot polish on my hands (seems strange now) but I had to do it for an extra minute every day. As for the councillors they were exactly how you said.

sarey
04-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Not really LOL..

If you dont know what OCD is, here; http://www.ocdaction.org.uk/ocdaction/index.asp?id=258

Wig44.
04-01-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't have OCD, but when I do something I have to go back and check it like 3 times, for instance, when I leave the house, I always go back like 4 times to check the front door, and when I'm reading, I check the page numbers to make sure I haven't missed a page but then I have to check the previous page number like 5 times even though its obvious I haven't missed a page. It is REALLY annoying.

EDIT: Looking at that link sarey posted, I think I might have OCD lol, I always have to check to see if everything is turned off or locked (My front door)

StainCast
04-01-2007, 02:38 PM
No i don't feel like somthing will happen if i don't do it. It just becomes really annoying if somthing isn't neat or somthing like that. I have to have my wardrobe organised the way I want it, like.. i have the coats separated, and the different logos separated. Like Bench on it's own, then the River Island, and then Armani etc etc.

Yes you can jo :(((

When you don't do it do you feel something bad is going to happen to you / your family?

Hehe. I knew they were there to to help me, but councillors really irritate me. I don't know why.

As for the councillors they were exactly how you said.

Caution
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I've probably got it, minor though.

-:Undertaker:-
04-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I used to have to count constantly to 7 in my mind.

Then in the middle of them six dots there would be a dot which dropped from nowhere and landed in the middle then expanded and exploded.

I stopped it though because it was REALLY REALLY irritating after having to do that for 1 - 2 years no stop.

Caution
04-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I used to have to count constantly to 7 in my mind.

Then in the middle of them six dots there would be a dot which dropped from nowhere and landed in the middle then expanded and exploded.

I stopped it though because it was REALLY REALLY irritating after having to do that for 1 - 2 years no stop.
Just for no reason?

I've done things like that, gets a bit annoying.

Wig44.
04-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh yer here is another thing that I ALWAYS have to do. after I brush my teach I have to swill water in my mouth then spit it out 3 times, and gargle warter then spit it out 12 times, 15 times or sometimes 20 times or i get angry. It is well bad.

-:Undertaker:-
04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Just for no reason?

I've done things like that, gets a bit annoying.

Yep but I got rid of it a few years ago :P

Scaffolding hurts my eyes when I look at it.

chilloutrich
04-01-2007, 08:43 PM
'well im not surprized', lol jody mate uve always been a nutta:D. Youve just given me medical truth now lol. Urm you said you have just come out...lol talk about being a hypocrit? pm me?:D

StainCast
05-01-2007, 12:03 AM
'well im not surprized', lol jody mate uve always been a nutta:D. Youve just given me medical truth now lol. Urm you said you have just come out...lol talk about being a hypocrit? pm me?:D

Lol. I'm no hypocrit! Max just never knew. hehe

chilloutrich
05-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Lol. I'm no hypocrit! Max just never knew. hehe

lol does he no now...?

StainCast
05-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Ya. :p

I told him first. lol

Dentafrice1
05-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I have an LCD!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!