PDA

View Full Version : [DEBATE] Freewebs - Whats all the fuss about

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 10:43 AM
People, everyones always slagging freewebs off, but there not that bad.
Okay if you use beginer version, yes it is, but advanced, whats wrong with that ooh some of you say "freewebs = newby" just 'cause it's free !
just chill people, freewebs advanced is realy good, i use it as testers before i buy hosts, to see what it'll be liked when properly published, it has a webbased editor, which is always handy. it's good !
Seriously !

What do you think?

Thanks
Iggy :8

Max
04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
If you use freewebs, your an beginner, so a newbie.
If you want to make a good website, you use a paid host and a good domain.
It's for beginners, practice, fun w/e.
If you use freewebs for your fansite your definitely a newbie.
It's just not good??
LMAO!

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Your a newb, if you use beginer, i use freewebs advanced, as tests, to see what the layout etc. will look like when published, when satisfied, i buy a host, a professional one - Is that newby?

scottish
04-04-2005, 10:50 AM
If you use freewebs, your an beginner, so a newbie.
If you want to make a good website, you use a paid host and a good domain.
It's for beginners, practice, fun w/e.
If you use freewebs for your fansite your definitely a newbie.
It's just not good??
LMAO!
I Say The Same As Max.. its For Newbies >.<

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 10:51 AM
I dissagree, advanced option is hardly for newbys, you gotta know html !

Your a newb, if you use beginer, i use freewebs advanced, as tests, to see what the layout etc. will look like when published, when satisfied, i buy a host, a professional one - Is that newby?

scottish
04-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Wow How Hard is HTML, Not Hard Its Simple..So Its Still For Newbies..

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 10:57 AM
I still disagree,
Originally Posted by Iggy
Your a newb, if you use beginer, i use freewebs advanced, as tests, to see what the layout etc. will look like when published, when satisfied, i buy a host, a professional one - Is that newby? Answear it !

scottish
04-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Professional One isnt Newbie
Freewebs Is newbie

Simple..

-JT-
04-04-2005, 11:26 AM
freewebs is most probably the worst host in the world. If you have any form of dedication towards webdesign or have any skill atall you will buy hosting and a domain to show off your skills my best example of a n00b using freewebs is the following.

www.freewebs.com/newglfortest :eusa_clap

Now that is 1 hell of a n00bish site. Secondaly go to "www.lp-revolution.com" and see a profesional looking website on paid hosting and a paid domain. :s

also if you look at the freewebs templates they are 10x better than any site ever advertised on this forum.

so there

Max
04-04-2005, 11:27 AM

You didn't say that, you started off if it as newb or not.
I don't think that newbie, but you can't test PHP on it..

iRoss
04-04-2005, 11:32 AM
I agree, and its so s l o w loading -.- Even if u do use the advanced version...

Anderman
04-04-2005, 11:34 AM
im ok with it as my site is only 2 pages big and i dont kneed anything really special
But on my new site im installing cute news and advanced scripts so im getting a better host.

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 11:40 AM
You didn't say that, you started off if it as newb or not.
I don't think that newbie, but you can't test PHP on it..
Thankyou ! that's all i wanted to find out ;)

Tomdarkness
04-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I said newby because its free, and dont have support for php

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I said newby because its free, and dont have support for php
true, no php, but again, just as a temporary site, before you buy one, so its ready, it's PERFECT !

splintercell!
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Ignition you can always use your PC to test the site before putting it on the net ;) but yes its a poor system and o so basic .. you cant do anything you can ONLY make Html files no .js etc. its anoying + you cant use good scripts..

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Hmm, i know, i use frontpage, but i still like it. But i've never used a freewebs site as a site thats finished and open, just a test until i buy host ;).
Splinter, read the thread abou ideas for holonetwork ;)

Mentor
04-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Freewebs, is hated for many good reasons, one for a free host its not a good one, has ads, which it out on after a few weeks. Is annoyinly slow. Has next to no advnaced fetures. only allows the minium posibsibnle file types to make the most basic site.

BUT this does not mean that a site hosted on it is bad. It just means the person has limited exsprence at finding good hosts.

The main reason people hate freewebs is the ready nmade layouts the provide, appart form being pretty auful to start with, the fact people thinkif they write a pargaph and ad it in to one thve made a site. A computer made the site, not them, there was no skill used in the sligtist in there making, and i will also give a 0 for layout on anyone whos uses these grotestk things

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Lol, nice view there mentor i partly agree with you, i only think freewebs is good if you used advanced, no ads, and i only use it for tests ;).

Mentor
04-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Lol, nice view there mentor i partly agree with you, i only think freewebs is good if you used advanced, no ads, and i only use it for tests ;).
technicly the advaced aslo has ads, but your exspecvted to put them your slef of be deleated. athogh freewebs has alot of sites and i doubt actaly bothers to check in reality.

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I never put an ad on, never been deleted ;).

scottish
04-04-2005, 04:37 PM
so Basicly Freewebs Is The Worst host in The World..Probably.. ;)

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
No it isnt !
gosh !

GommeInc
04-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Freewebs only have a bad reputation as most scam sites are made with them. Also the templates make a person look newbish.

If someone makes their own template I dont mind that much, depends how bad the layout and use of it is

iRoss
04-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Freewebs only have a bad reputation as most scam sites are made with them. Also the templates make a person look newbish.

If someone makes their own template I dont mind that much, depends how bad the layout and use of it is

LOL! We are also talking out of habbo ... habbo addict :l

GommeInc
04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Its an example...

iRoss
04-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Lol :') errr Iggy, why is habink on a freewebs? xD

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Like i said, test, until we finish it complety and buy host ;)

GommeInc
04-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Thats also another good use, it can test out web page on a web site.

ignitionhost
04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Thats also another good use, it can test out web page on a web site.
Yes, my complete opinion gommeinc. Just to test pages etc. Until you buy professional hosting ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!