PDA

View Full Version : Easter - The Report [YaTwice.com]

Rareoid
04-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I originally posted this on YaTwice (http://www.yatwice.com) but wanted to share it with you. Click YaTwice and you can see screenshots as well. Its on "News" on page two!

Australia

For their first ever Habbo Easter, Australia didn’t wait a moment to get into the Easter spirit. By the 13th of April Australian Habbos were enjoying the delights of 3 new Easter furniture pieces: the pop-up egg, the basket of eggs and the Easter duck. Along with the furniture, Habbo down under brought out 3 desktop wallpapers, an E Card to send to your friends and a new Opera House theme!

By the 21st of Easter parties were in full swing and there were competitions and events everywhere! The biggest competition being an “Easter Room Design Competition” in which Habbos had to send in screenshots of their rooms. The winner would win a Habbo Trophy and 100 credits, with 9 runners-up grabbing themselves a month’s HC and a pack of Easter Furniture. There was also a new Easter style poll created to find out what Habbos get up to during the Easter holidays!

An egg was the template released by Habbo Hotel for Habbos to fill in and return to them by Friday the 1st of April! 5 winners win 50 credits and 10 runners-up will bag themselves an Easter pack! You can still enter this competition!

All that said, it has been a busy time for the Australian Habbos and I spoke to Plants today to see his thoughts on Australia’s first ever Easter. He told me “Habbo Easter on .com.au has been GREAT! It's the first Easter on Habbo Hotel Australia and it's been a good one so far. As like all the hotels, Australia has done room’s competitions with brilliant prizes and the design an Easter egg contest too. They've also released the Easter Poll and the Easter Newsie. They haven’t done as much as other hotels, but that might be because they need to get into the swings of things as it is their first Habbo Easter. A bad point though is, all the other hotels have released Parasols where as .com.au has received nothing BUT that could be a surprise waiting to happen. Australia has done a great Habbo Easter so far and should be very proud of themselves. -Hops away-”

America [With huge thanks to TechWizard]

Habbo Hotel USA went straight to the wild factor for Easter and covered the hotel with an Easter theme.
They began by adding the lovely spring furni to the catalogue. The spring furni was:

Fruit Tree
Wannabe bunny duck
Bonsai Tree
Pop-up egg
Vase of Flowers
Basket of eggs
Cut Sunflower
Squidgy bunny

But, they didn't stop there! Habbo Hotel USA went that bit further and added the lovely Yellow Parasol to the catalogue in the ‘Rares’ section. At the very start of the Easter theme there was also a Wobble Squabble tournament which was fantastic! (This is currently still running) Also Habbo USA changed the theme of the Theatredrome to change into that spring effect!

Habbo Hotel USA didn't stop with the Easter surprises. The lovely Skye Sweetnam paid Habbo Hotel USA a visit on the account 'skye' and took a visit to the Skye Sweetnam VIP basement to speak to some Habbos. Skye also appeared on one of Habbo Hotels International radio stations, HabboHut

Habbo Hotel USA added a new public room over the Easter holidays also. The Hotel Kitchen, with the lovely bot Piers. If you thought that was all they did, look further! Habbo Hotel USA even added texting for coins to the 'Buy Coins' page, this means more coins!<p>

Also, during the Easter holidays Blunique set up quests and games along with other Habbos. Such as parties, costume changes and much more! Desktop backgrounds where also added to the Habbo Hotel USA homepage. Blunique was so kind - she even released the trophies which were on sale till the 31st of March. The trophies which are still on sale are:

Classic Trophy
Ball Trophy
Duck Trophy

The trophies come in three colours:
Gold
Silver
Bronze

Now to finish off the Easter theme at Habbo Hotel USA Blunique has set up a brand new competition which now features on other hotels. It was the ‘Flingin' Spring Room competition’. The prizes are a Habbo trophy and 100 credits for the winner and 10 runners up will receive 2 petal patches each!

Today I spoke to silver guide, TechWizard, to find out his views on Habbo Easter. He summed up in two sentences saying “Exciting, Outrageous and has the wild factor! Blunique loves to make Habbo fun every time.”

Canada

Habbo Hotel Canada has had very small Easter celebrations until the Easter weekend. Before Easter weekend arrived, Habbo Canada only had a few events but they still attracted big crowds. The 11th set the marker with the release of the Yellow Parasol [an event which was reconstructed by America and the UK]. On the 13th an Easter themed newsletter was released, and 5 days later spring furniture hit the catalogue! The Easter Duck, Pop-up Egg and the Basket of Eggs were available as always, the squidgy bunny came out from the love section and those 4 were joined by the Bonsai tree, the Fruit Tree, Cut Sunflower, Flower Vase and the Pineapple Plant! Soon after the furniture, the new Theatredrome theme was inserted like every hotel.

On the 20th Bathroom furniture was released for a good old spring clean but left the catalogue once the weekend ended. The following weekend, there was again a ‘weekend release’ this time in the form of the Digital TV, the Small Cactus and the Cut Roses!

Throughout the spring time there were lots of other events ran by Habbo but not necessarily Easter related. Skye Sweetnam came (see above in the America report) and Sprite teamed up with Habbo to release the public room “Club Thirst”.

More recently and on Easter weekend, Habbo Canada released the details on their main Easter competitions – Safix running them! Safix' "Spring Room Design!" Round 2 Voting begins on Friday, April 01, 2005 - and that's when all Habbos vote. Voting round ends midnight Tuesday April 8th 2005 and the winner will be announced Friday, April 10th! The Grand Winner will also be awarded 100 Credits and the legendary Habbo Trophy. 10 Dragon Eggs will be drawn among all Habbos who vote! The second competition Safix' "Why Hunt for Eggs, When They Can Hunt For You Comp!" Ending on Wednesday, March 30th he will be hiding some (30) of his Eggs in the rooms that he likes on the Spring Sensations Floor.

I spoke today to Hobtech from Habbo Hotel Canada to see what his views were on Habbo Hotel Canada’s Easter. He told me “The .ca Easter was fantastic and most of all I made friends through it! I’m quite new on the .ca website so it’s most certainly great how I’ve found new friends on there with thanks to the Easter period.”

United Kingdom

Dionysus and ‘EasterBunny’ led the way for Habbo UK Easter and on Monday 13th and Monday 21st March they released new events calanders, each time packed full with events related to Easter! On Tuesday 14th a new Poll was released asking about Theatredrome themes, the best Easter furniture and are Tubbo Hippos edible! Hours after the poll was released the furniture entered the catalogue and the following furniture arrived:

The Pop-up Egg, worth 5 credits
The Basket of Eggs, worth 4 credits
The Squidgy Bunny, worth 3 credits
The Wannabe Duck, worth 2 credits

On the 18th the ‘Bunny Hideout’ competition was released, the aim being to find stickies and photos and put the secret words together to make a phrase. 2 days later and the next big competition was out named "The Easterbunny’s photo hunt" in which you had to figure out what the 8 photos in her room were of! The very same day an Easter themed newsletter was released and an article came with it explaining the ‘Easter Room’ section which had found a home on the navigator! On the Friday, the EasterBunny announced he was giving out 10 of the next rare and Easter furniture in the new Funky Friday.

After the weekend had passed Habbo released a poll trying to find out whether you were a Bunny, Ninja, Smash or a Pirate! Next up was the announcement of the 10 finalists in the Easterbunny’s Egg’stra special room competition! Also a new competition was added to the competition page in which you had to find Callie. On the 23rd a new poll asking about the parasol came out and 4 days later the Yellow Parasol, followed by the Violet parasol was released!

Here is a list of the main competitions put on by Habbo –
EasterBunny's 'Egg'stra Special Room Competition
Spot The Bunny
Evil Bunny Lair
Design An Easter Egg Competition
EasterBunny's Easter Story Competition
Easter Word Search
The Easter Puzzle

On Easter Sunday the EasterBunny went around rooms on the Easter floor and gave out multiple baskets of eggs and trophies!

I spoke to Citra today who told me “I think the UK competitions were a bit of a let down when you compare them to other competitions ran by the UK hotel such as 'Pet Week' and the Valentines competitions. There could have been one or two better organised quests. Overall I would give the Easter events 5/10 for effort and 7/10 for the thought that went into organising it!”

bigbutsound
04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
W00T! Great report Mr Oid! ;)

G-flow
04-04-2005, 07:27 PM
:) Well done! Fantastico!!

Rareoid
04-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Thankies, rep welcome.

G-flow
04-04-2005, 07:40 PM
+ rep added , yaarr!

Luayminator
04-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Great and informative :o

.:F:.
04-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Rep only cos you bothered writing stuff out.
I couldnt really have cared.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!