PDA

View Full Version : Mourners have been waiting all night to see the Pope's body, which is lying in ......

sally37
05-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Mourners have been waiting all night to see the Pope's body, which is lying in St Peter's Basilica in Rome. Tens of thousands of people are queuing outside the church, waiting for their chance to file past the Pope.

Many people waited eight hours to see his body, and took photos on their mobile phones of the Pontiff, who's known as "the People's Pope".

His funeral on Friday morning will be one of the biggest gatherings of world leaders in history.
There are so many people outside St Peter's Basilica that volunteers are handing out drinks. Many young people are singing and playing instruments to pass the time in the queue.

It's thought up to two million people will visit the church to file past his body, where it will lie in state until his funeral on Friday morning.

The mayor of Rome said the city will probably "grind to a halt" for the funeral service.

He will be buried in the crypt beneath St Peter's Basilica after his funeral.

Illness

Cardinals are due to meet to talk about who will replace the Pope, who died on Saturday night.

Luayminator
05-04-2005, 10:22 AM
I dont think people should make such a big deal of his death. It only makes matters worse

scottish
05-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Yes Its Not Big Deal, Wow I Mean If The queen Or Anything Died its No Big Deal :l

sally37
05-04-2005, 03:13 PM
are you saying i shouldn't tell you any news about the Pope?

Fraz-man
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
People mourn for him when he wanted to go to heaven anyway!
They should be celebrating hes happy where he is...or atleast i think hes in heaven or is it hell?

Concentric
05-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Yes Its Not Big Deal, Wow I Mean If The queen Or Anything Died its No Big Deal :l
It would be a big deal, she's our Head of State as the Pope is to his religion. I can see why it's a sad occasion and i don't condemn the people for mourning if that's what they want to do, but i don't feel we have to take it too far.

Luayminator
05-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Well it is a big deal yeah but i dont think we should exagurate it .. the guy is dead.... capish.

Butcher11
06-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Well to some of us it is a big deal, especially among Catholic's, as he was our religous leader here on Earth. ;)

Briarleaf
06-04-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't care if the pope is dead or hanging out with Elvis in some secluded resthome while killing zombies. Catholics have been murduring inocent people for years just because they wont conform to their stupid religion. I dont see anyone making and "OMG an Athiest is dead" thread or "Let's all mourn for the millions of poor people that where slaugtered like cattle because of this religion". This is stupid we might as well be mourning Hitler!!!!!

As quoted from the previous pope thread.

Mentor
06-04-2005, 07:35 PM
i dont belive in moring, but its the there lifes there wasiting, so its up 2 them

Michael.
06-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't mourn for the pope, in fact I'm quite happy he's gone (Not in the bad way).
From the news reports, it shows that he was very ill and he has no pain in this world any more. All his life he's been trying to find God, and now God's come looking for him.

And Briarleaf, stop saying that Catholics are trying to kill people because they dont conform to our religion. If we did that, we wouldn't be catholic!!!! Commandment No 6: Thou shall not kill!!

Briarleaf
06-04-2005, 08:05 PM
They do murder here is some proof or maybie you should just pay attention in history class. I guess everyone but you has heard of the dark ages where thry burned witches. they even burned Joan of ark one of their own!!

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:cgFMr2ePV78J:www.cuttingedge.org/articles/RC130.html+history+catholic+murderers&hl=en&client=safari

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:1w3cdI_6dYsJ:ecumenizm.tripod.com/ECUMENIZM/id26.html+history+catholic+murderers&hl=en&client=safari

Michael.
06-04-2005, 08:10 PM
They do murder here is some proof or maybie you should just pay attention in history class. I guess everyone but you has heard of the dark ages where thry burned witches. they even burned Joan of ark one of their own!!

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:cgFMr2ePV78J:www.cuttingedge.org/articles/RC130.html+history+catholic+murderers&hl=en&client=safari

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:1w3cdI_6dYsJ:ecumenizm.tripod.com/ECUMENIZM/id26.html+history+catholic+murderers&hl=en&client=safari
Oh yes, like we all have an ol' fashioned witch burning event at our church now!

la-ur-en
06-04-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't care if the pope is dead or hanging out with Elvis in some secluded resthome while killing zombies. Catholics have been murduring inocent people for years just because they wont conform to their stupid religion. I dont see anyone making and "OMG an Athiest is dead" thread or "Let's all mourn for the millions of poor people that where slaugtered like cattle because of this religion". This is stupid we might as well be mourning Hitler!!!!!

As quoted from the previous pope thread.

Another one living in the past, and refusing to believe other religions have commited murder. It's funny how people only see what they want to see and believe they have all the answers. It's not religion that kills, its people who think they are right, including yourself and the catholic church and christian and all other beliefs especially in the past where you belong.

Michael.
06-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Exactly Lauren. I don't blame Islamic people for 9/11. I blame the terrorists themselves.

Luayminator
07-04-2005, 05:15 PM
No one can say MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS, Yeah there are some who are terrorists, doesnt mean ALL are

Briarleaf
07-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Another one living in the past, and refusing to believe other religions have commited murder.

I never said that catholics where the only ones that have commited murder

It's funny how people only see what they want to see and believe they have all the answers.

I never said i had all the answers either. It looks like your the one that's disillusioned and completly missing my point.

It's not religion that kills, its people who think they are right, including yourself and the catholic church and christian and all other beliefs especially in the past where you belong.

I have never killed anyone. Look if your going to reply and quote me at least read the post i made so you don't look dumb.

Luayminator
07-04-2005, 09:20 PM
thread too long to read

Mit
07-04-2005, 09:21 PM
hasnt it started to smell yet. i would rather see something like football match then a dead body, its not like we can talk to him.

ps theres alot more recent religous killings, in third world countries some communities kill people cause they are not catholic

Luayminator
07-04-2005, 09:24 PM
I know , its useless

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!