PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] New shelves

RedFlagWaving
04-01-2007, 05:01 AM
lol i got bored so i tried this -.- rate, slate you know the drill
http://i13.tinypic.com/2u4hifk.png

Jazza
04-01-2007, 06:03 AM
Very nicely done. I can't see any flaws other than the 'F' one shouldn't be able to stand up on its own. 9/10

Xero
04-01-2007, 06:23 AM
You seem to like my edits so I did another one for you.. only edited one of your shelves. Yours is on the left, mine is on the right. I reshaded it, with a proper lightsource, and more of a metallic shine, and gave it a slightly blue tint so it wasn't so monotone. Also added shadows inside the actual shelves. I'm extraordinarily unhappy with my edit.. I know I can do better :( But it might help all the same.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2307/metalshelfmv2.gif

Jazza
04-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Your one is too dark which makes it look unhabbo-ish

Xero
04-01-2007, 06:45 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing I make is supposed to be "Habbo-ish" in the slightest. I really don't care for Habbo at all, I haven't used it in years. The things I make are supposed to look good. Period. No "Habbo-ish" involved.

Ekalb
04-01-2007, 06:56 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing I make is supposed to be "Habbo-ish" in the slightest. I really don't care for Habbo at all, I haven't used it in years. The things I make are supposed to look good. Period. No "Habbo-ish" involved.

So really these edited images you make are irrelevant as it is a Habbo Furni Alterations forum you'd expect people to make habbo style alterations/pixel art.
You should just give CC in text form but only enough so that when put into play it would still retain the habbo style.

Not saying some of your edits look bad though.

Xero
04-01-2007, 07:05 AM
So really these edited images you make are irrelevant as it is a Habbo Furni Alterations forum you'd expect people to make habbo style alterations/pixel art.
You should just give CC in text form but only enough so that when put into play it would still retain the habbo style.

Not saying some of your edits look bad though.

It is not necessary for you to point out to me that my graphics are irrevelent to Habbo, as it is extraordinarily obvious. But they still make people better graphics artists than crap like Habbo has. Habbo graphics = junk. I don't like junk. My point of being here is not to help people make junk. It's to help them make GOOD art.

The last time I gave this guy C&C in text form he did not understand, and wished for an edit. I usually do give it in text form. He was happy with my last edit, which was "unhabbo-ish" so I assume he'd be happy with this one.

Ekalb
04-01-2007, 07:12 AM
It is not necessary for you to point out to me that my graphics are irrevelent to Habbo, as it is extraordinarily obvious. But they still make people better graphics artists than crap like Habbo has. Habbo graphics = junk. I don't like junk. My point of being here is not to help people make junk. It's to help them make GOOD art.

The last time I gave this guy C&C in text form he did not understand, and wished for an edit. I usually do give it in text form. He was happy with my last edit, which was "unhabbo-ish" so I assume he'd be happy with this one.

It is possible to make habbo style graphics that aren't junk. You just need to know the limits. Many alts in the elite forums have done so.

About the actual alt, loose some of the blacklines and work on the corners/edges. Add maybe a few more metallic tones like the mode furni and as others have said - that F shaped one won't stand by itself.

Xero
04-01-2007, 11:25 AM
It is possible to make habbo style graphics that aren't junk. You just need to know the limits. Many alts in the elite forums have done so.

Many of the pieces of pixel art (not alts, most of them are from scratch, therefore they haven't "altered" anything) in the elites forum ARE junk. There are maybe 5 or 6 threads in the elites forum that I believe to deserve to be there, and those were made by Corbyn and Prexis (Neil).

Bryan84
04-01-2007, 12:28 PM
err getting so heated =X

Tiuhdur
04-01-2007, 12:43 PM
omg!!! how do you do these blader i wana make furni but i cant lol

Expansion
04-01-2007, 12:53 PM
:o good i liked the secong image you posted aswell

:Hazel
04-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Nice idea, look good. :)

Black_Apalachi
04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I was gonna say they are very good except for the black line on the corner and would look better curved but then I saw this:

You seem to like my edits so I did another one for you.. only edited one of your shelves. Yours is on the left, mine is on the right. I reshaded it, with a proper lightsource, and more of a metallic shine, and gave it a slightly blue tint so it wasn't so monotone. Also added shadows inside the actual shelves. I'm extraordinarily unhappy with my edit.. I know I can do better :( But it might help all the same.

This is a good improvement but is too dark so looks un-habboish (as said) but then again, Xero said he doen't try to make hi alts habboish so it's not bad. Btw Xero, I always think of Coke Music when I see your work - is that where you get your inspiration from? :)

RedFlagWaving
04-01-2007, 06:08 PM

thats amazing as it always is, but i think this time its supposed to be habbo-ish. But that is a really nice edit ^_^
And like PrtScn said it does look like cokemusic, is that what you "design" your alts from?
Also, i didnt even notice the F shelf lol

Xero
05-01-2007, 05:31 AM
This is a good improvement but is too dark so looks un-habboish (as said) but then again, Xero said he doen't try to make his alts habboish so it's not bad. Btw Xero, I always think of Coke Music when I see your work - is that where you get your inspiration from? :)

No idea who or what Coke Music is, sorry. Could you post something made by Coke Music?

thats amazing as it always is, but i think this time its supposed to be habbo-ish. But that is a really nice edit ^_^
And like PrtScn said it does look like cokemusic, is that what you "design" your alts from?
Also, i didnt even notice the F shelf lol

If you want it to be habboish, just do similar to mine, maybe a few less shades, less shine, more brightness and less contrast. Also I'd probably make it greyscale. Mines slightly tinted with blue.

Rubyetta
05-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I quite like them acctualy, I'm a big.. Z shelf fan xD so yerr -Hides secret passion to get 10000's of Z's- xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!