PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal

-Undiscovered
05-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Well we got a 9-10 week old puppy, and its a male, and it humps my feet, well It sure looks like it...

Normal?

Thanks

Nixt
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I can't see why it's not normal, he's probably just playing :].

-Undiscovered
05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeh but the mingin thing is you feel his little willy moving ewwww

And I dunno but I will just see what happens should of called him HUMPER

Nixt
05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Lol I didn't say it was necessarily very nice xD but yeah, I can't see nothing wrong with it.

Ostinato
05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Depending on his breed etc. he may be coming into adulthood.

Therefore he may be in his time of "heat" where he is looking to mate with just about anything he can - and therefore is trying to "****" you.

I presume he hasn't been neutered?

If not, then I think that basically explains it and it's likely to happen quite often through his periods of "heat".

Don't worry about it though, it is normal if the dog isn't neutered and your perhaps planning to breed him or something.

Papershop
05-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Its normal yeah, most dogs do it

PigsNose
05-01-2007, 07:25 PM
He should be neutered if you don't want him to **** things or have ***.
And is he is neutered, well maybe it's just a bit of fun.
As Ostinato said, this is "heat".
My grandparents have an un neutered dog and he humps everything in his sight, and they don't want him for breeding. It isn't pleasant and we have to kick him off your leg usually.
I recommend that this puppy should be neutered, it really ruins the personality of the dog, and the way you look at it.
Especially if this dog will not expierience *** in his life.
PN x

-:Undertaker:-
05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
ROFL, umm I guess it's just what they do for fun.

MADNESS!
05-01-2007, 11:10 PM

lol@that

Mr Me
06-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Its isnt normal for dogs to do it (Only when they reach adulthood and havent been castrated)

I recommend getting him castrated or you could just teach him that its bad without getting violent or angre with him :)

-Undiscovered
06-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Hes to young hes a puppy!!!!!!

PigsNose
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Most dogs are neutered when they are puppies.
And maybe he is just playing with you.
Who knows?

Ostinato
06-01-2007, 01:35 PM

Have you not read any of the previous posts or something? It quite clearly isn't because it's "fun".

Its isnt normal for dogs to do it (Only when they reach adulthood and havent been castrated)

I recommend getting him castrated or you could just teach him that its bad without getting violent or angre with him :)

No, do not teach him that it is "bad" - because it simply isn't. It's human nature to him and he can't help doing what he has to. If you don't want to have to put up with it then it is your responsibility to see he is seen to by having him neutered.

Hes to young hes a puppy!!!!!!

Although he may only be young, dogs come into adulthood much faster than humans and a lot of them are fully developed by the age of 6 months.

Most dogs are neutered when they are puppies.
And maybe he is just playing with you.
Who knows?

My dog was able to be neutered at the age of 6 months.

-Undiscovered
06-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok thanks, why does he eat so much, I give him a small handful and he cries for more, should I add?

@xP
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Most young Puppies Do it. i dont think its normal though Sfe

-Undiscovered
06-01-2007, 05:28 PM
How much should I need him?

- How many meals?
- How much food per meal?

DCeption
06-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Get him neutered the horny sod :D:P Or maybe he just likes you ;o

Glitter
06-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Its a natural thing for dogs to do, however if he does it continueously and you really don't like it then you can always teach him not to do it on your leg.

Ostinato
07-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Ok thanks, why does he eat so much, I give him a small handful and he cries for more, should I add?

A small handful? He's a dog, not a rabbit for goodness sake.

There should be directions on the food you buy which would indicate how much you should feed him. If not you will need to ask your local vet or try and research it online. It all depends on his size, weight, sex and breed.

-Undiscovered
07-01-2007, 06:05 PM
A small handful? He's a dog, not a rabbit for goodness sake.

There should be directions on the food you buy which would indicate how much you should feed him. If not you will need to ask your local vet or try and research it online. It all depends on his size, weight, sex and breed.

No I mean like he has 4 meals, I weigh out how much he should have in a day and thats 100g and he gets it, but I split it into quarters and he has 1/4 a meal, and he wants more....but thats what the vet said to do.

Darts
08-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Depending on his breed etc. he may be coming into adulthood.

Therefore he may be in his time of "heat" where he is looking to mate with just about anything he can - and therefore is trying to "****" you.

I presume he hasn't been neutered?

If not, then I think that basically explains it and it's likely to happen quite often through his periods of "heat".

Don't worry about it though, it is normal if the dog isn't neutered and your perhaps planning to breed him or something.
He's 100% bang on. It's just that time of the season isn't it?:)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!