PDA

View Full Version : The Iraq War - Should we pull out? [Closes 05/02/07]

---MAD---
05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
This question has been asked millions of times and politicians never come to an agreement.

Should the USA and its allies pull out of Iraq and leave it to defend itself?

Start debating!

mangle
05-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Not yet , maybe in a few years i just believe atm left in its current state Iraq will rip itself apart

RedStratocas
05-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Yep. Its their war now. They have to fight for themselves now.

zak-x
05-01-2007, 08:29 PM
America is killing more people there now, let Iraq handle there own situation.

RedStratocas
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
America is killing more people there now, let Iraq handle there own situation.

Uh... just a quick question, when does the U.S. kill people? Other than in specific conspiracy cases of corse

Alkaz
05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
We went into iraw what 5 years ago?
well we went in after years of giving sadam chances and when we finally went in to find weapons of mass distruction we didnt find any but we found all the stuff to make them and then everyone in the uk and usa had ago at the marvouls MrBush and MrBlair and now iraq are going into a civil war if we pull out it might become ALOT worse i think we should stay.

-:Undertaker:-
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Iraq was fine and better off with Saddam, Iraq is unfixable now that Saddam has gone, I honestly believe he was Iraq's last hope.

If we leave then it could go worse faster, if we stay it'll get worse slower, Sad what we've done to the once-most western country in the middle east.

ItsDave
05-01-2007, 09:48 PM
We should stay in for one more year, just to let the Saddam thing settle down. But pull out out, before we lose more men.

Dan2nd
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I think we should leave before something really bad happens to our troops

RedStratocas
05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Iraq was fine and better off with Saddam, Iraq is unfixable now that Saddam has gone, I honestly believe he was Iraq's last hope.

If we leave then it could go worse faster, if we stay it'll get worse slower, Sad what we've done to the once-most western country in the middle east.

Actually Iran, with an n, was the most western country.

-Wolverine
05-01-2007, 10:54 PM
We started most of the mess, and we have to clean it up. We shouldn't stay there forever, I say give it a few more years just to try and start a bit of peace there, and then we can leave. I don't like the idea of Bush sending in more troops, but I guess that could a way to solve the problem.

BL!NKEY
05-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I dont think we should just pull out now but If there is another good chance where we can pull out and look like we actually did something and did good then we should pull out then instead of staying in 5 more years to make it perfect.

mat64
06-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Iraq is a greater mess now than it was when Saddam was in power, His followers and belivers are constantly rebeling. In my opinion we shouldn't have gone in to start off with. Yes Saddam was a very evil and cruel dictator but has the cost of removing him from power been greater cost to the people of Iraq because of it? Here is a insteresting quote i found on google:

A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would not have died if the invasion had not occurred.Interesting.

---MAD---
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM

It was never better of with Saddam. He killed thousands in 1 day compared to thousands killed in 1 month nowadays.

Even though it was calmer, people are now free to leave if they wanted to and can say whatever they want about Saddam without fearing there's a spy around.

There are lots of documentaries about what Saddam did, they are all quite interesting to.

Mentor
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
We've already done the damage, if we left now the contary would simply collaps and you really would have a terrorist hotbed. We've made our bed, now we have to lie in it. and stick it out until iraq is stable enough to exist without our interfeacnce "/

-Wolverine
06-01-2007, 09:51 PM
It was never better of with Saddam. He killed thousands in 1 day compared to thousands killed in 1 month nowadays.

Well more people are being killed now than when Saddam was around, he killed thousands in 1 day a few times, but thousands in 1 month is happening now every month.

Ramones
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
When saddam was around he killed INNOCENT people where as now the people being killed are generally the ones waving a gun around in the air and threatening to kill other people.

Mentor
07-01-2007, 12:48 AM
When saddam was around he killed INNOCENT people where as now the people being killed are generally the ones waving a gun around in the air and threatening to kill other people.

weird that, when all the statistics seem to be saying over 95% of all people killed are innoccent iraqi citizens, only with a few "insurgets" as well.

They also show nearly all of them are killed by american air strikes, as opposed to ground based attacks "/

GommeInc
07-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Iraq needs the the armies there more than ever now. Thanks to the poor attempt at trying to create peace by killing a man who never personally killed anyone, Iraq is possibly going to go into a Civil War, with Sunni's and Shia's killing each other.

StainCast
07-01-2007, 02:17 AM
It's far too late now. Iraq will drop further now that saddam is dead and with the way footage of his death was deliberatly leaked.

JoEsEpHgUy
07-01-2007, 09:12 AM
SHOOT THEM ALL FIRST. THEN PULL OUT. THEN SHOOT THE ONEZ OVA ERE
:eusa_wall

grahamuk123
11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
the only reason that we are in iraq is because tony blair owns shares in iraqs huge oil refineries. He is just protecting his investment thats all. He doesnt care about the people at all. He pays high benefits so that the people on benefits will vote for him. His bum buddy hu lives next door to him (gordon brown) is just as bad if not worse.

Djcafc.
20-01-2007, 09:27 AM
yes we should because it really has nothing to do with us anymore if they get a good police force in control over there they should be able to fix it the war is officially over and soldiers from Britain and America are still being killed day after day when will it stop

GommeInc
20-01-2007, 12:37 PM
yes we should because it really has nothing to do with us anymore if they get a good police force in control over there they should be able to fix it the war is officially over and soldiers from Britain and America are still being killed day after day when will it stop
Considering the problems Iraq has, I surely hope they don't pull out, but then again I don't think they should stay there any longer.

Ever since the pointless and unjust hanging of Saddam, nothing has changed. Iraq being "new" has still hung some other people who probably didn't deserve it either. Saddam's brother shouldn't of got hung, neither should the other guy. Iraq is more of a hell hole than it was with Saddam. At least before the war Saddam kept the country in order, now it is unorganised and they are not staying to what they said, that Iraq will be a new country. It is just the old country, except the two groups have swapped over. Now Shia will boss around Sunni (or was it the other way round?). If we pull out, the broken Army/Police Force will be overcome with problems that they themselves cannot fix.

Jordy
03-02-2007, 10:01 PM
I'd really want to get the hell out of there.

Since are soliders are dieing every day, bombs are going off and it's unfixable.

But us and the american's made Iraq like this by over throwing Saddam, he kept things under control.

We've made it in this mess, and we're just running off?

It's like going round someones house and setting fire to their furniture, ripping off the wallpaper and choke slamming the people inside it, sticking chewing gum on the floor and then just saying "Good bye".

It's a hard one, I want to get out, but we shouldn't really.

DCeption
03-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I'd really want to get the hell out of there.

Since are soliders are dieing every day, bombs are going off and it's unfixable.

But us and the american's made Iraq like this by over throwing Saddam, he kept things under control.

We've made it in this mess, and we're just running off?

It's like going round someones house and setting fire to their furniture, ripping off the wallpaper and choke slamming the people inside it, sticking chewing gum on the floor and then just saying "Good bye".

It's a hard one, I want to get out, but we shouldn't really.

out and let them win. Just imagine if we did that in WW2If we didnt over throw Sadam well then he would be killing the Iraqis not us. I dont think we should pull

OMGitsaROSS
03-02-2007, 10:25 PM
We should definately pulll out. But not yet, Iraq would blow itself ever further into hell!

simon!
03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
We should've pulled out ages ago. Leave Iraq to destroy itself. Stop killing innocent soldiers/people.

Advanced
05-02-2007, 02:07 PM
as im in the army and this is a big thing for me atm i have looked into it.

i think we will not come out for ages lets think about Northan irland

Q) How long have we been out there for?
A) Long Time

And we still have troops going out there after years out there

Same as cyrus and falkands and i think the last place we will pull out will be iraq.

the main job out in iraq at the moment is helping the locals built up water supplys etc building there lifes up. but the locals are not liking us. so what does this mean well it means that if the locals are not on our side we can not build them up so once we get all the locals happy again and on our side the british will be bulding it up again.

this will takes years to build it up so the Aswner to this is it wont be 2 - 3 years we come out i think maybe 10 years till we come out fully.

ThisNameWillDo!
05-02-2007, 05:28 PM
To those of you that think the US shouldn't have gone in in the first place:

What? I don't understand you people!

You think we should have just let them get away with wrecking the twin towers? You're crazy!

I'm glad they went in, they're finally getting revenge.

I'm ashamed at you people that thought they never should have gone in :@

DiscoPat
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
God sake, get out of Iraq, whats the beef, stay in your country, and we English should leave as well, going in there killing random people..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!