PDA

View Full Version : Abortion - Is it right? [Closes 05/02/07]

---MAD---
05-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Abortion is on the rise in most countries. Do you believe it should be allowed for women to have abortions or not?

Caution
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Only in certain cases should they be allowed.;)

Nixt
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Under certain circumstances I don't see why not, but only in certain circumstances. Most of the time I don't see why the mother can't just put the child up for adoption and stuff :).

TheLastShadow
05-01-2007, 07:53 PM
No..How woulld u like it to be killed when you were in your mothers womb? Think about it.

ANd even in rhape circumstances, it shouldnt be allowed. Its murder and its not giving the poor child a chance at life.

Nixt
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
No..How woulld u like it to be killed when you were in your mothers womb? Think about it.

I don't agree with abortion in most circumstances, but I just want to pick up on the fact that the baby doesn't know it's being aborted, and it doesn't feel anything... so, no I wouldn't like it - but it's not like the baby likes/dislikes it because he/she doesn't know what's going on ;).

ANd even in rhape circumstances, it shouldnt be allowed. Its murder and its not giving the poor child a chance at life.

Would you say that if you were raped and you had the child of what you consider to be a monster inside of you?

Barkseh2131
05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
corse its right, if it wernt allowed our country would be over populated.

TheLastShadow
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't agree with abortion in most circumstances, but I just want to pick up on the fact that the baby doesn't know it's being aborted, and it doesn't feel anything... so, no I wouldn't like it - but it's not like the baby likes/dislikes it because he/she doesn't know what's going on ;).

Would you say that if you were raped and you had the child of what you consider to be a monster inside of you?

It doesnt matter if it feels anything or not or know whats going on. It is still killing something. Who knows..The baby in a womb could be the next best Judge at the Supreme Court System or maybe be a President or even a doctor who is going to save a life at a hospital. It isnt right to take its life away. Who are we to do that? Everyone deserves one chance.

And I understand what your coming from..But even so, The Child isnt a "Monster". The father is. Just because the father is a rape artist, or whatever you call them, doesnt mean the child is going to end up like that either. You might not want to take care of the child but either way the baby is still half of you. And there are places that will take the child such as Fire Departments or Police stations..Here there are so many stories on the news about Mothers dumping there childs in playground or parks when they could have given it to the Police station, no questions asked, and walk away. Simple as that.

Neversoft
05-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Yes, of course it should be allowed.
In China they are only allowed one child per family as it is over populated.

TheLastShadow
05-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Yet people still have more than one child. If that was the case and they didnt, there would be no women considering that the baby is killed at birth if it is a girl.

Nixt
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
It doesnt matter if it feels anything or not or know whats going on. It is still killing something. Who knows..The baby in a womb could be the next best Judge at the Supreme Court System or maybe be a President or even a doctor who is going to save a life at a hospital. It isnt right to take its life away. Who are we to do that? Everyone deserves one chance.

I am against abortion as well you know, I am just debating - so you know.
You can't know that this child is going to be a doctor/judge/hero or anything, for all we know he could grow up to be a murderer/thief/thug. I simply don't think that's a decent argument against abortion, sorry.

And I understand what your coming from..But even so, The Child isnt a "Monster". The father is. Just because the father is a rape artist, or whatever you call them, doesnt mean the child is going to end up like that either. You might not want to take care of the child but either way the baby is still half of you. And there are places that will take the child such as Fire Departments or Police stations..Here there are so many stories on the news about Mothers dumping there childs in playground or parks when they could have given it to the Police station, no questions asked, and walk away. Simple as that.

Yes indeed. The likelihood is the child will grow up like any other child. You have to think from the Mother's point of view though, they get pregnant because a man forced her into sex. The child they are carrying is simply spawn of this malicious act and person, it may not be a child they wish to have.

Neversoft
05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
That is the case. I'm not jokeing. They are only allowed one child. A family in China even left a little girl in the street and she died.

Nixt
05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
That is the case. I'm not jokeing. They are only allowed one child. A family in China even left a little girl in the street and she died.

That is true but in a lot of cases that isn't happening. People avoid the laws by moving to the country and stuff where it is harder for the police etc to enforce the rules. A lot of the time, the chinese being poor can't afford abortions anyway.

RedStratocas
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Depends on the situation, if its 9 monthes into the pregnancy, then obviously not. But if its within the first stages, there is no problem. The baby is no more a living thing than a chair during the first few weeks of development. It doesnt think "Oh no don't kill me", it doesnt have thoughts. It doesnt breathe.

And just "giving it up for adoption" isnt something so simple. There arent lines of people waiting to adopt a child. Many kids grow up without parents because of this.

---MAD---
05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I like your point about a monster inside you. Would be a tough call.

Alkaz
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Babies start to develop a heart at something like 22 weeks and can feel pain and you can have the babie aborted at less that 26 weeks i think so in the four weeks between that the baby can feel the pain but i think before its heart is developed it is sort of ok as it dont suffer.

-:Undertaker:-
05-01-2007, 09:29 PM
After a certain period, no but if it's early the yes.

Caution
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, we're doing China in mod's.
They throw them in the river, no joke.

kasi
05-01-2007, 09:37 PM
yeah i think its right.
the fetus isnt even alive yet :S

-Wolverine
05-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I agree with RedStratocas partly, in the early weeks yes, but around the 7-9 month period, no. Like if you were raped, then yeah you should be allowed in the early weeks. But for example if you had unprotected sex. You should let the baby be born and take care of it. If you cannot take care of it, give the child to a family member or friend, or just put it up for adoption.

benjamin
05-01-2007, 10:58 PM
no. i am against abortion for personal reasons i'm not going to discuss

i only think a woman should be given the choice to have an abortion if she was pregnant by being raped. if you have unprotected sex, you should suffer the consiquences, and not end a life because of your own selfishness.

BL!NKEY
05-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I think it is ok if the child is not going to have a happy life if they are born. As long as the phetus (sp?) is young. If there is a lot of people willing to adopt then that would be a better idea. But if the child would spend their whole life in an orfanage then abortion might be better. Or if the doctors can see that the child will have severe health issues or extream ******ation and the family is not in a place where they have the time to deal with the child then it would be ok as long as the phetus is young.

,Jess,
05-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Depends on the situation, if its 9 monthes into the pregnancy, then obviously not. But if its within the first stages, there is no problem. The baby is no more a living thing than a chair during the first few weeks of development. It doesnt think "Oh no don't kill me", it doesnt have thoughts. It doesnt breathe.

In the 1st stages all the genetic coding is in place so everything about how that child is going to look has been decided. I can't rember when the heart etc develops but I know it's wuite early on. I think abortion at any stage is wrong and even though it seems like the solution in some cases like rape that the child still has a right to life. Although there are not enough people willing to adopt there is still care available for these children so surely it's better than killing them when they are innocent.

FlyingJesus
05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
For those saying that a woman shouldn't have an abortion simply because they don't want a baby, two things:

Firstly and shortly, does this mean you are against using the emergency contraceptive pill? The pill basically tells the body to abort by forcing a miscarriage (although because there's been no development, it's just like having a normal period) as the sperm and egg have already bonded.

Secondly, I assume that people who are anti-abortion believe that it is cruel to the child or something along those lines. Consider, then, what kind of mother a woman would be who never wanted a child, and who would always be thinking "what if I hadn't?" when they see the offspring that they have been forced to give birth to. So then you argue that adoption is always an option - but it isn't. There are many features that are "undesirable" in a child to many parents. For example, Britain is largely populated by white people, and most people looking to adopt are white. A black, disabled child of a rape victim is hardly going to stand a chance of being adopted, and aside from whatever difficulties a child might have to go through anyway, these "undesirable" children will also grow up knowing that they've been rejected by every potential parent to come along. Is that a life worth forcing into existence?

edit: My personal opinion is that abortion should be available up until 7-10 weeks, as opposed to the 28 weeks currently available. This is because at the 7-10 week stage the brain is developing, and so until then no sentience exists, nor possibility of pain.

Ostinato
05-01-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't feel this is a case of it being "right or wrong", but is moreso a personal opinion based upon the circumstances the person/couple are facing.

I feel that if a person where to abort a child simply because it was inconvenient is wrong. However, there are many circumstances in which I support the idea of abortion for the parents - and babies sake.

I feel if the baby is going to be born with some sort of serious illness which would kill them in the short term and put them through a lot of pain, then they shouldn't be brought into the world to face that harsh treatment. At the end of the day - they didn't ask to be born, so therefore why should they have to live with these difficult and opressing illnesses they face? Also, I feel if this was the case some parents would perhaps struggle to cope with the child and it would ultimately be neglected or simply not have the adequate care it would require.

As well as this, I feel if a woman is molested then there is adequate grounds for an abortion. I think it would be extremely difficult for a woman to look at her child, constantly being reminded of the horrific crime against her, and having a permenant fixture in her life to signigy the treatment of which she endured. I also feel this would be extremely difficult for the womans family as well as the womans partner, if present. If this was the case I also put forward the idea that the child wouldn't have the appropiate parental figures on offer.

At the end of the day though, I think every case of abortion is unique and everyone has their own individual reasons for chosing to do so or not.

The-Mate
05-01-2007, 11:45 PM
i think i agree with abortion in the easly stages of pregnancy also the whole thing with the adoption isnt the greatest idea it'd have a long lastng effect on the mother in that when the child is 18 they have a right to visit thair parents, if the mother had the abortion because of hurtful reasons would't that bring alot of pain to her also on the chile having to be rejected again? i do agree that if 2 people in good positions in life to bring up a child in a good clean enviroment they should't have an abortion

Smile
05-01-2007, 11:46 PM
As well as this, I feel if a woman is molested then there is adequate grounds for an abortion. I think it would be extremely difficult for a woman to look at her child, constantly being reminded of the horrific crime against her, and having a permenant fixture in her life to signigy the treatment of which she endured. I also feel this would be extremely difficult for the womans family as well as the womans partner, if present. If this was the case I also put forward the idea that the child wouldn't have the appropiate parental figures on offer.

excellent point. i agree.

RedStratocas
06-01-2007, 12:42 AM

i only think a woman should be given the choice to have an abortion if she was pregnant by being raped. if you have unprotected sex, you should suffer the consiquences, and not end a life because of your own selfishness.

So the baby has to suffer as well because of the woman's mistake? That makes no sense. Thats unfair to the baby, dont you think?

In the 1st stages all the genetic coding is in place so everything about how that child is going to look has been decided. I can't rember when the heart etc develops but I know it's wuite early on. I think abortion at any stage is wrong and even though it seems like the solution in some cases like rape that the child still has a right to life. Although there are not enough people willing to adopt there is still care available for these children so surely it's better than killing them when they are innocent.

So what? I can work on a blueprint for a building, doesnt mean the building exists does it? Heart does not mean life, the brain means life. Not to mention the heart doesnt develope in the first few weeks, it developes in the second stages. The fetus in the first few weeks are proportionate to a skin cell, and you scratch those off your head all the time.

Oh, and just as another arguement, if abortions are made illegal, then it'll just cause illegal (and obviously dangerous) abortion procedures to take place. Someone isnt going to change their mind and have another human life, simply because its against the law to have an abortion.

benjamin
06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
So the baby has to suffer as well because of the woman's mistake? That makes no sense. Thats unfair to the baby, dont you think?
no, i don't. because i believe life is the best gift you can get. even though people are saying 'they arn't breathing, their heart doesn't work, they don't feel anything' i still think it/they whatever you want to call 'it' deserves the right to have a life.

oh and the only other reason i see acceptable, is like ostinao said, the child would be born with disabilities of some sort and wouldn't live a normal life, or theirs would end very early.

RedStratocas
06-01-2007, 12:48 AM
no, i don't. because i believe life is the best gift you can get. even though people are saying 'they arn't breathing, their heart doesn't work, they don't feel anything' i still think it/they whatever you want to call 'it' deserves the right to have a life.

Some gift if its going to be with a parent who hates the child.

benjamin
06-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Some gift if its going to be with a parent who hates the child.
i don't believe any parent could hate their child, deep down. parents love is unconditional no matter what the circumstances are, at first they may not want the baby, but i believe they will grow to be attached to the baby. also, it's the same for woman who go to give their babys up for adoptions, the whole way through their pregnancy, they don't want the baby, they have their mind set on adoption, and when they have the baby, they see it.. and everything changes.

also, your life doesn't revolve around your parents, sure, when you're young yeah. once you've reached the age of 16 or so, you're practically free. and when you think of it, 16 isn't that long, it may seem really long as we're not exactly old ourselfs, but in comparison to the average life span, what, 70 to 80 years?

kk.
06-01-2007, 12:55 AM

In rape circumstances, the mother may be constantly reminded of her of what happened. I Disagree with abortion but if it would be the lesser of twoevils then i would say u should be alowed. If the baby is going to make the family go into debts or would push the mum over the edge such as in rape circumstances, then it should be allowed.

These are just a few examples

RedStratocas
06-01-2007, 12:59 AM
i don't believe any parent could hate their child, deep down. parents love is unconditional no matter what the circumstances are, at first they may not want the baby, but i believe they will grow to be attached to the baby. also, it's the same for woman who go to give their babys up for adoptions, the whole way through their pregnancy, they don't want the baby, they have their mind set on adoption, and when they have the baby, they see it.. and everything changes.

also, your life doesn't revolve around your parents, sure, when you're young yeah. once you've reached the age of 16 or so, you're practically free. and when you think of it, 16 isn't that long, it may seem really long as we're not exactly old ourselfs, but in comparison to the average life span, what, 70 to 80 years?

Parents hate their kids very often, it isnt automatic. Hell, parents have killed their kids with no remorse. And a lot can happen in 16 years. It isnt that short of a time. The first 16 years of your life make you who you are the rest of your life, more than say your years from 30-46.

Sony.Com
06-01-2007, 01:14 AM
I think in cirtant cases its right.

If its just en excuse because they didnt take precautions, or they are too lazy to take care of the baby, no, it should not be aloud.

If the baby is concieved through a rape or anything like that, yes, they should be aloud.

MADNESS!
06-01-2007, 02:26 AM
I think in cirtant cases its right.

If its just en excuse because they didnt take precautions, or they are too lazy to take care of the baby, no, it should not be aloud.

If the baby is concieved through a rape or anything like that, yes, they should be aloud.

Yes i agree if the mother woudn't be able to look at the child because it will reminde her of the pain and suffering of beeing raped then yes that is okay to aport the child but if they don't want to look after the child than no it shoudn't be allowed

RedStratocas
06-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes i agree if the mother woudn't be able to look at the child because it will reminde her of the pain and suffering of beeing raped then yes that is okay to aport the child but if they don't want to look after the child than no it shoudn't be allowed

Wait... It SHOULDNT be allowed if they dont want to look after the child? Think about what youre saying.

micky.blue.eyes
06-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Of course it should be allowed, abortion only takes place if the mother doesn't want the child, if the mother doesn't get an abortion the child will have a bad life, the mother can't or doesn't want to take care of this child so this child will feel bad about himself and he'll feel guilty for living because he's unwanted by his own mother.
You might think that putting these kids in an orphenage is a sollution, it isn't. Simply because you can't expect that all those babies will be taken care of and even if it is possible, those kids will want to know who their real parents are some day, they'll become depressed when they found out that their parents didn't want him/her.
I think abortion is the best solution for everybody. You might think that everybody deserves a life, that's not true, everybody deserves a god life, I don't think those kids deserve a misserable life.

---MAD---
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM

Most protections are not 100% safe. Most are 99.9% and sometimes that 0.1% will hit you.

Mentor
06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Absolute rules can never work. Sometimes its right, sometimes its wrong. Its up to the mother to decied, whether this is the case or not, since there the one carrying the baby.

micky.blue.eyes
06-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I also want to add, who are we to decide what's best for the mothers? I think the mothers can make their own decision wether they want to have an abortion or not. ;)

Glitter
06-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Of course it should be allowed, abortion only takes place if the mother doesn't want the child, if the mother doesn't get an abortion the child will have a bad life, the mother can't or doesn't want to take care of this child so this child will feel bad about himself and he'll feel guilty for living because he's unwanted by his own mother.
You might think that putting these kids in an orphenage is a sollution, it isn't. Simply because you can't expect that all those babies will be taken care of and even if it is possible, those kids will want to know who their real parents are some day, they'll become depressed when they found out that their parents didn't want him/her.
I think abortion is the best solution for everybody. You might think that everybody deserves a life, that's not true, everybody deserves a god life, I don't think those kids deserve a misserable life.

Yes but in many cases.. say its too late to have an abortion and the mother decides to have the child adopted, the mother falls in love with the child.You say every child deserves a good life... No life is perfect. They may be orphans but that doesn't mean they'll have a bad life and even if they do everyone suffers at some point in there life.

hobo
06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
shouldnt be allowed, it's murder imo.
even if the baby isn't an actual baby yet, you're murdering a potential baby.

and saying putting children in an orphanage isn't a good option is stupid, surely it's better than killing them :/

Mentor
06-01-2007, 08:29 PM

and saying putting children in an orphanage isn't a good option is stupid, surely it's better than killing them :/

On your logic all women are killing a "potenal baby" every 28 days(ish) and men, where looking in the millions.

Potental baby means nothing. A can of fizzy drink, when was just metal head the poetantal to become part of a giant super computer than could have enslaved the plaent and turned the terminator movie in to real life. Everything has the potential to do pretty much anything, Its potential to do something is meaningless "/

try applying it to the justice system, every human has the potental to murder another, should we just lock everyone in the world up becuse of this??

Seacat
07-01-2007, 07:05 PM
It's not actually murder as the child isnt independant of its mother. E.g. if you killed the baby inside a woman by punching her or something then you wouldnt be guilty of murder if the child doesnt have an "indepedant existence of its mother"

It may not be morally right to have an abortion in some circumstances but they're always gonner happen and tbh I'd rather people who didn't want their kid had an abortion otherwise the kid might get neglected. Also if they are born but realise they were gonner be aborted or get adopted then they're probably gonner end up with low self esteem and rubbish jobs or something (I know that seems a bit extreme but :P) especially if they're going from one family to another (I know adoption doesnt work like that but fostering does e.t.c.)

Also you can't really say to the woman "have the baby and then put it up for adoption" because the woman has still gotta go through the process of giving birth, taking time off work e.t.c just to give the baby away.

RedStratocas
07-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Yeah, but what is a potential baby? Guys have millions of 'potential babies' in them, and a lot of them are wasted. Anything could be considered stopping a potential baby. Hell, you could argue that by not having sex, you just killed another human being.

Robzor
14-01-2007, 02:57 AM
yh but
what if they dont want to have a family
you might aswell have a abortion
rather than not knowing what to do or sumit

micky.blue.eyes
14-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Yes but in many cases.. say its too late to have an abortion and the mother decides to have the child adopted, the mother falls in love with the child.You say every child deserves a good life... No life is perfect. They may be orphans but that doesn't mean they'll have a bad life and even if they do everyone suffers at some point in there life.
That doesn't mean you have to make the suffering worse or that you have to make them suffer for most of their lives.
"The mother falls in love with the child." I don't think so. If a mother wants to have an abortion it either doesn't want the child or she can't take care of the child, so the only way for the mother to fall in love with the child is when she is unable to take care of the child, but she made the right decision. (Which is what this debate is about, "is it right?")

It isn't a real baby, as explained in the next 2 quotes.

It's not actually murder as the child isnt independant of its mother. E.g. if you killed the baby inside a woman by punching her or something then you wouldnt be guilty of murder if the child doesnt have an "indepedant existence of its mother"

It may not be morally right to have an abortion in some circumstances but they're always gonner happen and tbh I'd rather people who didn't want their kid had an abortion otherwise the kid might get neglected. Also if they are born but realise they were gonner be aborted or get adopted then they're probably gonner end up with low self esteem and rubbish jobs or something (I know that seems a bit extreme but :P) especially if they're going from one family to another (I know adoption doesnt work like that but fostering does e.t.c.)

Also you can't really say to the woman "have the baby and then put it up for adoption" because the woman has still gotta go through the process of giving birth, taking time off work e.t.c just to give the baby away.

On your logic all women are killing a "potenal baby" every 28 days(ish) and men, where looking in the millions.

Potental baby means nothing. A can of fizzy drink, when was just metal head the poetantal to become part of a giant super computer than could have enslaved the plaent and turned the terminator movie in to real life. Everything has the potential to do pretty much anything, Its potential to do something is meaningless "/

try applying it to the justice system, every human has the potental to murder another, should we just lock everyone in the world up becuse of this??

Also, it's not like the baby knows it's going "to be killed."

allykin
14-01-2007, 12:31 PM
If you were rhaped i would understand because the baby would have part of him/herself of that man...
If you were a 15year old girl who got pregnant not sure, either keep or abort the child.
Tbh you would really need a good reason to abort.

micky.blue.eyes
14-01-2007, 05:54 PM
If you were rhaped i would understand because the baby would have part of him/herself of that man...
If you were a 15year old girl who got pregnant not sure, either keep or abort the child.
Tbh you would really need a good reason to abort.

A 15 year old girl!? Of course she should have an abortion! I don't think her body can handle the pain. =/ (I know, it happens in poor countries, but they're different than us, in a non racist way.)

Andeeh
14-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Only Under Circumstances... ;)

Hmm If They Dont Want Baby Why Dont They Put It Up For Adoption ?

@xP
14-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I Don't agree with abortion due to the fact that you are killing a new Human, its just like killing a baby. it makes me feel Awful, didnt want a baby be more safer and be more protected thats what i say

Youngen
15-01-2007, 03:04 AM
I wonder how many people posting on this thread is really affected by abortion... and then if you are, please tell us how, and tell us your feelings...

If it doesn't affect you, I don't think you're ideas should be pushed onto others...

Destiny
15-01-2007, 03:08 AM
I think it's VERY VERY wrong because it's like killing a little person... OO just because it's small we get to kill it huh? What about midgets? Just cause their small can we kill them? I THINK NOT

Blinger1
15-01-2007, 03:10 AM
I think its good especially if you have been raped.. why would you want someone elses baby ??

_Olam_
15-01-2007, 10:31 AM
I think it's VERY VERY wrong because it's like killing a little person... OO just because it's small we get to kill it huh? What about midgets? Just cause their small can we kill them? I THINK NOTSo you're comparing a midget to an organism that begins as a grouping of cells smaller than a pinhead. Well, I sure like your unbiased, objective view of the situation.

In my opinion abortion is perfectly acceptable in all circumstances. If the woman does not want the child, they should not have to have it - it is their body.

In many cases the foetus is aborted before it grows into anything like a child, I don't see why this is wrong - it's like taking antibiotics, although admittedly a foetus is probably a little different to a bacterium cell.

I wonder how many people posting on this thread is really affected by abortion... and then if you are, please tell us how, and tell us your feelings...

If it doesn't affect you, I don't think you're ideas should be pushed onto others...Agree completely. You've hit it right on the head in my opinion - many people have no idea what having an abortion feels like or what it means, yet they still try to enforce their 'law' on others. Fortunately none of these people are in a position of authority where they have any real say on what people can and can't do. :)

:Hazel
15-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes, for example if someone was raped and got pregnant that should be allowed. Depends on circumstances.

Fonejacker
15-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Ovcourse, Would you care if your sperm died just one sperm cell? Cause i wouldn't and thats all a baby is... The white stuff

FlyingJesus
15-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think it should even depend on circumstances, if someone wants to abort then they clearly wouldn't be a fantastic parent anyway, so let them rather than ruining at least 2 lives.

,Jess,
15-01-2007, 05:37 PM
In my opinion abortion is perfectly acceptable in all circumstances. If the woman does not want the child, they should not have to have it - it is their body.

This is the type of reason abortion is wrong. If the woman just simply doesn't want the baby when it's her fault she got pregnant in the first place then she has 2 deal with it. Having an abortion might seem like the solution to her but other people are affected by abortions. Like the father for example. If the father is willing to look after the child but the mother wants an abortion should she overrule his thoughts and feeling? If a child has the oppourtunity to be looked after and loved then surely abortion is the waste of a life.

FlyingJesus
15-01-2007, 05:43 PM

This is the type of reason abortion is wrong. If the woman just simply doesn't want the baby when it's her fault she got pregnant in the first place then she has 2 deal with it. Having an abortion might seem like the solution to her but other people are affected by abortions. Like the father for example. If the father is willing to look after the child but the mother wants an abortion should she overrule his thoughts and feeling? If a child has the oppourtunity to be looked after and loved then surely abortion is the waste of a life.

I'm with Olam on this, not because I care about a woman's rights (I really don't :P) but because there's no sense in bringing a child into the world that a mother doesn't want. Fair enough, the father might want to look after it, but if someone isn't bothered about the mother then they can go knock up any woman and have kids with her, makes no difference.
About it being a "waste of a life", I don't know how long sperm lives inside the testes for before it dies and new sperm is made, but basically every time you bash one out or abstain from sex you're wasting potential life, and the only way to NOT waste life is by getting someone pregnant at every possible opportunity.

_Olam_
16-01-2007, 01:38 AM
This is the type of reason abortion is wrong. If the woman just simply doesn't want the baby when it's her fault she got pregnant in the first place then she has 2 deal with it. Having an abortion might seem like the solution to her but other people are affected by abortions. Like the father for example. If the father is willing to look after the child but the mother wants an abortion should she overrule his thoughts and feeling? If a child has the oppourtunity to be looked after and loved then surely abortion is the waste of a life.It shouldn't be a question of 'fault'. Obviously if a woman continually gets pregnant and takes no measure to protect herself, doctors should have the right to stop wasting taxpayers' money on her - but in any other circumstance no, it's her body.

Why shouldn't it be a question of fault? Because if that lady gives birth, it will scar her for life. It's not just the physical pain, it's the mental anguish in being FORCED to give birth. In having this thing burst out of you that you don't want, have no feelings for and wish had never happened. It shouldn't be a question of fault and punishment - that's not what giving birth should be. It's not a court of law.

If the father wants the baby, fine, they're in the right to ask the woman to have the child. But in the end, if a man DEMANDS a woman has a child, well, then they're a monster in my eyes. This isn't the Roman era.

I'm with Olam on thisMmmmmm, maybe I was wrong about calling you a goon. Seems you can keep a level head, at least in a debate. Would say the same if you disagreed, but could back up your opinion without insulting me. Goooood!

I'm sorry for my earlier comment. But dude, you can't just go around calling yourself amazing without evidence. SUPER evidence.

Gwii
16-01-2007, 04:39 AM
I hate hearing from the people who will never be induced with any type of pregnancy saying No to abortion,

Abortion, in my mind, as well as many others, seems like a fine idea under the circumstance of Rape or Incest, however, if the pregnancy could be prevented easily, abortion seems like no logic of an idea.

That's my opinion.

--Gwii

BL!NKEY
16-01-2007, 05:39 AM

If it doesn't affect you, I don't think you're ideas should be pushed onto others...

Probably not that many are affected by it now unless your parents decided to not abort you. But in the future some of us might be affected and it is out oppinion on it now and how the government changes now that will affect us in the future.

Ovcourse, Would you care if your sperm died just one sperm cell? Cause i wouldn't and thats all a baby is... The white stuff

Uhh not really. You forgot about the other half of the baby, the egg. Sperm cells cannot make a baby on their own.

With all that said I think abortion is ok and it should be a choice. The government is not going to illigalize it because that would be political suacide for that party.

Bladder
16-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Abortion Is Wrong.
That's My View.

nobility
16-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Abortion Is Wrong.
That's My View.

You should back up why that's your opinion.

I believe it is right in some reasons, if you're raped - and you get pregnant, that's basically being forced to be impregnated. That's not right. If the baby has barely developed then I guess it's fine, because you're not taking much of a life away.

And if teenage girls get pregnant, and are in either situation (rape or purposely) and realise that they've done something really bad, I believe it should be fine.

Besides, it's the mothers decision at the end of the day.

Bladder
16-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I know alot more about being raped than you'll ever know.
My gf was raped and got pregnent, she's now with me, and she didn't get an abortion...
And I think if they get raped, then it's ok, but if they do it with someone by their own will, they need to pay the price.
And even a .000000001% developed baby is a baby.

micky.blue.eyes
16-01-2007, 06:42 PM

I think only 1 or 2. But even if we're not affected it doesn't mean we can't voice our opinion. Let's say that the majority of people who vote, vote for abortion to be against the law, surely it would affect us too, we're not pregnant or have a girlfriend who's pregnant, but that doesn't mean it'll never happen.

I think it's VERY VERY wrong because it's like killing a little person... OO just because it's small we get to kill it huh? What about midgets? Just cause their small can we kill them? I THINK NOT
Lol, that made me laugh. But you don't kill an actual baby, you "kill" the foetus, a foetus doesn't even look (much) like a baby, you can't even tell the gender, it doesn't eat or breath by itself, it doesn't move, it's like a seed ready to grow.

I don't think it should even depend on circumstances, if someone wants to abort then they clearly wouldn't be a fantastic parent anyway, so let them rather than ruining at least 2 lives.
Exactly.

The only other person who could be affected by this is the father, who was part of the "mistake" anyway. Nobody else could be affected, making a baby only takes 2 people.
Yes, a mother should overrule his thoughts and feeling, she's the one who has to carry the baby for 9 months, she's the one who has to suffer, she's the one most related to the baby, she's the one who has to breast feed the baby when it's born, if the father wants a baby so bad he'll have to adopt one or make another woman carry the baby for them.
No man has the right to make a woman go through all that just because he wants a baby so bad.

I'm with Olam on this, not because I care about a woman's rights (I really don't :P) but because there's no sense in bringing a child into the world that a mother doesn't want. Fair enough, the father might want to look after it, but if someone isn't bothered about the mother then they can go knock up any woman and have kids with her, makes no difference.
About it being a "waste of a life", I don't know how long sperm lives inside the testes for before it dies and new sperm is made, but basically every time you bash one out or abstain from sex you're wasting potential life, and the only way to NOT waste life is by getting someone pregnant at every possible opportunity.
Good point.
I agree about you (and others) about the waste of life part.
If you think killing a foetus is a waste of life then you better stop eating fruit, if you eat fruit you waste life too, just because trees and plants don't walk, talk or anything else doesn't mean they don't live.

I hate hearing from the people who will never be induced with any type of pregnancy saying No to abortion,

Abortion, in my mind, as well as many others, seems like a fine idea under the circumstance of Rape or Incest, however, if the pregnancy could be prevented easily, abortion seems like no logic of an idea.

That's my opinion.

--Gwii
You don't know if people will never be involved with any type of pregnancy.
Also, some people could've prevented pregnance, but they didn't because they're too horney, people do stupid things in that stage. :P

Probably not that many are affected by it now unless your parents decided to not abort you. But in the future some of us might be affected and it is out oppinion on it now and how the government changes now that will affect us in the future.

Uhh not really. You forgot about the other half of the baby, the egg. Sperm cells cannot make a baby on their own.
Exactly my point.
And the egg is the most important part to make a baby, a sperm cell only contains DNA, the egg contains DNA, energy and other stuff I can't be bothered to explain in it.

Bladder
16-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I Understand ^.^

Djcafc.
20-01-2007, 09:29 AM
there are specific circumstances where i can see why people wold want to like prostitutes and teenage mothers but even then why can they not just have the baby and adopt it then it will go to a family that will love it and look after the baby

FlyingJesus
20-01-2007, 12:28 PM
there are specific circumstances where i can see why people wold want to like prostitutes and teenage mothers but even then why can they not just have the baby and adopt it then it will go to a family that will love it and look after the baby

Because there are already thousands of children who are up for adoption with little or no hope of getting an adoptive family in the near future, and to add to that tally would only mean that there are more underattached children, and children who do not have proper bonding early in life are much more likely to become troublemakers when they're older.

Also (and this isn't racist, it's just reality) how many people are looking to adopt black babies? Apart from celebrities who want to look loving by nicking kids from Africa, there isn't much by way of prospective parents in the field of wanting coloured babies, so the problem would be amplified significantly for non-whites in England.

micky.blue.eyes
21-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Because there are already thousands of children who are up for adoption with little or no hope of getting an adoptive family in the near future, and to add to that tally would only mean that there are more underattached children, and children who do not have proper bonding early in life are much more likely to become troublemakers when they're older.

Also (and this isn't racist, it's just reality) how many people are looking to adopt black babies? Apart from celebrities who want to look loving by nicking kids from Africa, there isn't much by way of prospective parents in the field of wanting coloured babies, so the problem would be amplified significantly for non-whites in England.

Well said.
I also want to add that if a prostitute is pregnant she'll most likely have no other chose than abortion. There aren't many men who want a pregnant woman as a prostitute, so that woman might be out of a job. Even if she gets another job, after she haves the baby she might not recover fully and she won't be able to pick up her old life.

Most teenagers only care about their popularity and what other people think of them, if a teenage girl becomes pregnant people will look differently at her, her friends and people at school will avoid her and she'll become lonely and feel stupid. Then after about 9 months she has to go through more pain, and she has to find somebody who wants to adopt her baby.

So an abortion is way easier.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!