PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Cancer will ever be cured?

TheLastShadow
09-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Do u think there will ever be a cure for cancer? And if there is would it be affordiable to the public? In the future i think there will be..But i mean its so hard to find a cure..I once read up something that a doctor said and it said that Finding a cure to a sickness or disease is like finding one snowflake that will cure you in a blizzard..Unfortunatley..i think that once the cure is found..It will be hundreds of thousands of dollars..

Moose Obtuse
09-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeh nothing is impossible

-:Undertaker:-
09-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes but the bad thing about Cures is that as more medicines are invented then the weaker the Human immune system becomes and if a Deadly disease came in the future it could easily kill us all.

TheLastShadow
09-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah but with cancer..if you have it..your chances at survival are slim.

Chaz
09-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I bet the cure comes from a tree we've totally exterminated..

Moose Obtuse
09-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes but the bad thing about Cures is that as more medicines are invented then the weaker the Human immune system becomes and if a Deadly disease came in the future it could easily kill us all.

Our immune system gets worst? I dont think so, I think you mean the disease will somehow in time mutate so it can affect us again...

And this is done by using the same antibiotics over a long period of time so the disease would mutate and become resistiant to the antibiotic so thats why new antibiotics need to be made.

RedStratocas
09-01-2007, 08:33 PM
It depends on what you mean by 'cure'. I dont think there will ever be some magic potion that you drink that will automatically heal you. I think there will be an extencive process that can will be found or made, but it probably wont work with every person and every case.

Ostinato
09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Well there already is some drugs out there which do help you is there not? That's why it's always on the news about people fighting to get the drugs on the NHS as they are like £30,000 and stuff.

I think eventually there will. Just think, all those years ago there wasn't any cures for any diseases in relation to the huge pharmacutical market available now.

Moose Obtuse
09-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes lol, drugs that only prevent the disease activity but doesnt kill it though...

,Jess,
09-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I think there will be one day because medical science is developing fast and they already have drugs that help people with cancer

TheLastShadow
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah..I mean come on..They came out with a medicine that helped a celeberty (cant remember who) who has AIDS that made him live for another 15 years..That costs ALOT.

Mentor
09-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Cancer isnt quite as evil to cure as most things, since its not just one thing, its like saying your going to cure lung decises... there are one hell of a lot of differnt lung decises that have differnt effects and need to be trated in differnt ways. Cancer is simply cell damage, a mutaion, where a cell looses the abilty to stop multiplying and hence continues to do so growing large masses (tumers) and spreading threwout your system. Differnt multions lead to differnt cancers, and differnce places you get cancer lead to differnt problems "/
TBH i dont think convental medican will be able to provided a cure, i think the only real cures will ether be from genetic modifcation, aka fixing our genome to at least reduce the risk of cancers and correct these problems, or whats more likly in the forseeable future is the application of nano technolgy for medical purposes, aka simple hunt and destroty technolgys that can target the cancerous cells and destroy them in a very specific and targeted way "/ but id say even thats a few decads of as yet "/

:Hazel
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Never say never.

hobo
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah but with cancer..if you have it..your chances at survival are slim.

um no?
you're survival chances are quite good these days i thought ? :s

Frog!
10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
I highly doubt that it will in our lifetime.
But i hope to god it will ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!