PDA

View Full Version : Dad locked up in guantimo bay

Jordy
11-01-2007, 07:49 PM
This is a really sad story i found on newsround it's kind of upset me and made me think...

His dads been locked up for no reason in guantimo bey in Cuba the American place they put people who they think are terrorists. They got no trial or anything. His dads in there and there isn't a reason why...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6250000/newsid_6251900/6251917.stm

:(

RedStratocas
11-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Yes, the guantanimo situation is extremely wrong. They should have a trial, or at least evidence to put them there. Not to mention the torture. Torture is wrong, no matter how you put it. Everyone says "we need to torture to get information, so to make it illegal would put us in danger in a ticking time bomb situation". First off, torture doesnt work. Never has, never will. You never get information out of people that way, especially these terrorists. They either dont know anything, or wont tell you. They are willing to blow themselves up, I doubt a little water will make them talk. Second, we know that even if torture was illegal, the government would do it anyway in a ticking timebomb situation. You dont think about not J-walking when running across the street to escape a building, do you?

Andeeh
12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes, the guantanimo situation is extremely wrong. They should have a trial, or at least evidence to put them there. Not to mention the torture. Torture is wrong, no matter how you put it. Everyone says "we need to torture to get information, so to make it illegal would put us in danger in a ticking time bomb situation". First off, torture doesnt work. Never has, never will. You never get information out of people that way, especially these terrorists. They either dont know anything, or wont tell you. They are willing to blow themselves up, I doubt a little water will make them talk. Second, we know that even if torture was illegal, the government would do it anyway in a ticking timebomb situation. You dont think about not J-walking when running across the street to escape a building, do you?

Agreed :eusa_clap

13-01-2007, 12:26 AM
God, thats awful. This bit nearly made me cry:

I want my dad to come back. I don't want any presents, any flowers, nothing but for my dad to come back.
Its just ashame that even after this story and his letter, the government wont pay any attention. They have an agenda and they'll stick to it.

Serenity
13-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Theres a movie called, ''The road to guantanamo bay'' has anyone watched it?

YouFail
14-01-2007, 12:54 PM
As RedStratocas pointed out, one of the worst things is torture. By torturing someone you will either: get no information, get useless information or get a load of crap. I did generalise it there.

I feel sorry for the kid, think about your parent being treated as a terrorist.

:Hazel
17-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Now that is just plain unfair. They need reasons to lock people up they can't just do it without any evidence.

348GTS
17-01-2007, 12:42 PM
As RedStratocas pointed out, one of the worst things is torture. By torturing someone you will either: get no information, get useless information or get a load of crap. I did generalise it there.

I feel sorry for the kid, think about your parent being treated as a terrorist.

lol unless you're jack bauer

I really feel bad for the kid :(

summer
17-01-2007, 03:11 PM
i haven't read it yet, but i laughed at his name as soon as i started reading it.

velvet
17-01-2007, 04:46 PM
i haven't read it yet, but i laughed at his name as soon as i started reading it.

Same lolll.
And yeah, I think it's wrong, can't imagine how he feels.

Samster
17-01-2007, 06:36 PM
that's awful,i feel really sorry for the poor kid (and the dad,obviously)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!