PDA

View Full Version : Brother's Got PS3

Misawa
13-01-2007, 04:51 PM
My brother has a Playstation 3! He has had it imported from Japan, to America and then to the UK. It's by far the best looking console, it's like carbon fibre with an awesome shine. Graphically, it's way better than the Wii and the 360.

Steven.
13-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I swear they put a stop to people importing them till they're officially released in the UK. :s

Waste of money tbh, especially the games being around £60 :rolleyes:

Orange Invader
13-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm not paying £500 for a console. No thank you, I'll stick with the classics.

Oni
13-01-2007, 05:14 PM
My brother has a Playstation 3! He has had it imported from Japan, to America and then to the UK. It's by far the best looking console, it's like carbon fibre with an awesome shine. Graphically, it's way better than the Wii and the 360.
It looks so ugly especially in real life and picks up fingerprints real easy the worst looking of the 3 consoles but the best graphically and in my opinion the worst gameplay wise.

Misawa
13-01-2007, 06:23 PM
No way, gameplay engines are way better and advanced than anything before. It's also not ugly at all, it makes the other consoles look like plastic junk.

Games cost him £30 through imports.

Wig44.
13-01-2007, 06:25 PM
No way, gameplay engines are way better and advanced than anything before. It's also not ugly at all, it makes the other consoles look like plastic junk.

Thats a bloody good deal.

Oni
13-01-2007, 06:28 PM

Gameplay engines ''/
Gameplay is how good a game is if its fun etc url of where he gets ps3 games for £30

Misawa
13-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I have no idea what website he gets them from.

Oni
13-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I have no idea what website he gets them from.
''/ Its obviously a lie.

danny-dyer
13-01-2007, 08:08 PM
post a pic den m8

womanizer
13-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I won't be paying £500 for a worthless console. I'm happy with my wii.

English
13-01-2007, 08:12 PM
''/ Its obviously a lie.
Look, just because he doesn't know what the link is doesn't mean that it's a lie "/ "/

My friend gets Xbox 360 games imported through www.play-asia.com (http://www.play-asia.com) although it has to say on each game whether it will work on UK consoles[its says on the site] and it's much much cheaper.

Misawa
13-01-2007, 08:13 PM
A lie? Jesus, someone needs to grow up.

Also, my brother doesn't live with me, he's twenty-five. He's ordering me one next week from the same supplier.

ALSO, I don't know how you can call it 'worthless' when the PS3 is the best next generation console, and maybe you should open your mind to the fact that it costs as much as it does because it's so advanced, so what the hell do you expect them to cost in five or so years time, when we're faced with the release of another generation of video gaming. They're going to be more expensive.

How's your Wii, broken your skull yet?

I think the website is actually what the poster above said, I remember Asia being part of what he said anyway. It's also multi-region so games from anywhere in the world will work.

It costs £600 for the premium, he got that.

HUGECOOL
13-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Also, my brother doesn't live with me, he's twenty-five. He's ordering me one next week from the same supplier.

ALSO, I don't know how you can call it 'worthless' when the PS3 is the best next generation console, and maybe you should open your mind to the fact that it costs as much as it does because it's so advanced, so what the hell do you expect them to cost in five or so years time, when we're faced with the release of another generation of video gaming. They're going to be more expensive.

How's your Wii? Broken your skull yet?
Like I've said before, saying something is the best because its the most advanced is like saying you made a great painting because you used the best set of paints. "/

I'm not sure they've broken their skull but apparently you have since you've deluded yourself into thinking the PS3 outputs better graphics than the 360. It's already been concluded that 360 graphics are better so im not sure why you're telling people otherwise.

Oni
13-01-2007, 08:32 PM

How's your Wii, broken your skull yet?

I think the website is actually what the poster above said, I remember Asia being part of what he said anyway. It's also multi-region so games from anywhere in the world will work.

It costs £600 for the premium, he got that.
Maybe you should open your mind to the fact everyone has an opinion and that only idiots are getting hurt by the wii for example people get hurt playing snooker but it doesnt make it any less good because only people 'abusing' it get hurt.

Neil
13-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I seen graphics for both consoles, only difference in graphics is that PS3 renders light differently to the 360, not much difference tbh and most of the PS3 games are coming for 360 aswell, the graphics may appear better but it doesn't mean they are, you need physic engines to test the movement styles and textures to see how animation and effects look before you criticize the graphics

Oni
13-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I seen graphics for both consoles, only difference in graphics is that PS3 renders light differently to the 360, not much difference tbh and most of the PS3 games are coming for 360 aswell, the graphics may appear better but it doesn't mean they are, you need physic engines to test the movement styles and textures to see how animation and effects look before you criticize the graphics
Ive played the ps3 its graphics 'own' the 360s it looks so much better but its the games that count.

lew!
13-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Ill belive it when i see it.

Misawa
13-01-2007, 08:58 PM
The PS3 is going to have a bigger variety of games than the other two consoles.

On the subject of graphics, FACTUALLY the graphical specs of the PS3 are higher, and they look WAY better. I have two of the five games my brother has on the 360, and there's no comparison whatsoever. I'm selling my 360 when my PS3 arrives as the 360 hasn't got any good games anyway. I looked forward to Dead Rising, but that was the worst game I've ever played. Gears of War was good, but easy, and in my opinion, Halo's a terrible franchise.

Oni
13-01-2007, 09:06 PM

On the subject of graphics, FACTUALLY the graphical specs of the PS3 are higher, and they look WAY better. I have two of the five games my brother has on the 360, and there's no comparison whatsoever. I'm selling my 360 when my PS3 arrives as the 360 hasn't got any good games anyway. I looked forward to Dead Rising, but that was the worst game I've ever played. Gears of War was good, but easy, and in my opinion, Halo's a terrible franchise.
Untrue they are the most expensive develop by a long way and alot of people will use the ps3 just for a media centre

Jamexy
13-01-2007, 09:10 PM

Proof Please. :]
I'll stick with my Wii...
Atleast I never snapped my arm off taking it home. =D

Misawa
13-01-2007, 09:11 PM
That's relevant because? Err, that's completely out of context.

Developers have already said they plan to go full on with the PS3, releasing more exclusive titles.

Jamexy
13-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Developers have already said they plan to go full on with the PS3, releasing more exclusive titles.

Again, Proof.
See, You could back up these things.

Oni
13-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Proof? Most games companys have gone full on with the wii [especially ubisoft] and the wiis by far the cheapest to program for with nintendos robotic programming arm.

Jamexy
13-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Proof? Most games companys have gone full on with the wii [especially ubisoft] and the wiis by far the cheapest to program for with nintendos robotic programming arm.

Yup.
I read somewhere that a game like Red Steel cost around 1.1million to make, but the same game on the ps3 would cost 5million or so.

Neil
13-01-2007, 09:16 PM

You forget these developers still release games on other consoles, and some done keep them exclusive either, think about GTA:LCS, that was PSP exclusive, oh look it's on PS2 now, just because they say they will make more exclusive games for the PS3 doesn't mean it'll last, it's out in America and Japan and they ARE the biggest demand for them, yet hardly any have been sold, UK will not sell many either which means game developers see making loads of Ps3 exclusives a waste of money and will start to drop out and make more Wii and 360 games because they are what everyone wants now because the Ps3 is a complete waste of money

Misawa
13-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Of course the Wii's cheaper, it's not a vast improvement from the GameCube, and the remote isn't expensive to make, it's just a capitalisation on something Sony did in 2005. In my opinion, Sony are going to outdo the Wii and advance on their Eye:Toy, creating new hardware and software advancements and are better. It's too easy to beat the Wii's feature, and it wouldn't be seen as ripping off, because Sony had the idea first.

Oni
13-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Yup.
I read somewhere that a game like Red Steel cost around 1.1million to make, but the same game on the ps3 would cost 5million or so.
Yep all the small companies are going for the wii

Misawa
13-01-2007, 09:18 PM
They won't drop out at all. You have a vague mind when it comes to businesses.

By the way, 'FlashDesigner' perhaps you could take the spelling mistake out of your avatar.

Jamexy
13-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Of course the Wii's cheaper, it's not a vast improvement from the GameCube, and the remote isn't expensive to make, it's just a capitalisation on something Sony did in 2005. In my opinion, Sony are going to outdo the Wii and advance on their Eye:Toy, creating new hardware and software advancements and are better. It's too easy to beat the Wii's feature, and it wouldn't be seen as ripping off, because Sony had the idea first.

And That Matters Why?
Yet It's A Brand New Idea.
SixAxiS Was a great Improvment...
Proof

Misawa
13-01-2007, 09:25 PM
The Wii's based on Sony's Eye:Toy.

What proof do you need? You can look everything up on search engines.

Jamexy
13-01-2007, 09:27 PM
The Wii's based on Sony's Eye:Toy.

What proof do you need? You can look everything up on search engines.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1065/untitledjt5.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4436/eyetoywt5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Oh Yes, I See the Resembelance...

Misawa
13-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Wow, you're smart. Not only do you capitalise words for no reason, but you don't understand the meaning of literature, or the word 'concept'.

GommeInc
13-01-2007, 09:34 PM
You can get a bigger variety? So what genres have they created then? I am sure all genres are accounted for, they can't make new ones for new varities unless they make extremely identical games?

On the subject of graphics, FACTUALLY the graphical specs of the PS3 are higher, and they look WAY better.
Fact. The PS3 is one out of 20 biggest technoligical problems in 2006. They are selling them way to cheap too. Each PS3 sold makes Sony lose about £500?

[quote=Misawa]
I have two of the five games my brother has on the 360, and there's no comparison whatsoever. I'm selling my 360 when my PS3 arrives as the 360 hasn't got any good games anyway. I looked forward to Dead Rising, but that was the worst game I've ever played. Gears of War was good, but easy, and in my opinion, Halo's a terrible franchise.
I can't wait to see you get rid of your PS3 when that has worthless games, or are you going to be a Sony fan boy and say they're collectible?.

To be perfectly honest, you're extremely irritating. You are so blooming biased it is umbearable. The Wii is nothing like the Eye Toy. You use a Wiimote, not yourself to play? The only similarity is that you do alot more exercise to play a game, even though the Eye Toy is hardly an action/adventure game. More like a novelty game?

I also would thank you if you do not pick out trivial, irrelevant things from people posts, ike capitals infront of letters :rolleyes:

Oni
13-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Wow, you're smart. Not only do you capitalise words for no reason, but you don't understand the meaning of literature, or the word 'concept'.
Virtual reality has forever been a concept and sony didnt even invent the eyetoy when i was younger BEFORE the eyetoy came out i had some jungle one it was rubbish but 'its the concept'.

Jamexy
13-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Cheers
I don't capitalise for no reason, It's called habit...
Tbh I don't really care.
The Eyetoy is a camera, not a remote.
The Eyetoy shows you on screen, the wii remote doesn't.
The Wii remote has a speaker, the Eyetoy doesn't.
The Eyetoy is wired, the Wii remote isn't.
The Wii remote has a d-pad and buttons, the eyetoy doesn't.
The Wii remote a hole for attachments, the eyetoy doesn't.

If you can tell me that the eyetoy and wii remote are the same, please feel free to tell me.

WHY IS YOUR SIG SO WIDE! O_o

Misawa
13-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm trying to fix it.

And no, I'm not biased, I have two of the next gen consoles and have played all three. I have a more valid comment than most people in the UK.

Sony lose $100 per PS3, but they're going to make profit tenfold on games.

Perhaps I should once again state the word 'concept'. With the Eye:Toy, you control the game with yourself, just like on the Wii, the concept is the same, but the hardware and software isn't. Both run on the same fuel. People need to be more understanding.

No, I'm not going to be getting rid of the PS3. I'm getting rid of the 360, yes. I already know what games are out and what games are scheduled to be released for the first year of release.

Sony will be having the last laugh at everyone who complains just because of the price, when in five years, every console will be over £1000.

Oni
13-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm trying to fix it.

And no, I'm not biased, I have two of the next gen consoles and have played all three. I have a more valid comment than most people in the UK.

Perhaps I should once again state the word 'concept'. With the Eye:Toy, you control the game with yourself, just like on the Wii, the concept is the same, but the hardware and software isn't. Both run on the same fuel. People need to be more understanding.
So do you as i said the concept has always been around and sony stole the eyetoy anyway.

GommeInc
Yes, people... *looks up at Misawa* :rolleyes:

If we must play the concept game, let's go back in time to the years of the SNES. They had controllers, so Sony use the same concept controllers as the SNES, the console that started everything.

The Eyetoy and Wii-mote has very few similarities, if you are playing the concept game, it is pointless.

Neil
They won't drop out at all. You have a vague mind when it comes to businesses.

By the way, 'FlashDesigner' perhaps you could take the spelling mistake out of your avatar.

I have a vague mind on businesses?! I do business in sixth form, a business will see a chance in this case PS3, if they spend all the time on games for PS3 and hardly anyone buys PS3 they will stop making games due to wasting time and money, they wont risk going out of business, xbox and Wii however are selling very well and are good to spend time making games for, the PS3 will go downhill because it's too expensive for just a console, game developers WILL see this as the fact and they WILL stop making games for it because it's a waste of there money, PS3 was good at first until the price came out as £500-600 and no one should be sad enough to pay that for something so pointless, now don't argue because clearly you're the one that knows nothing about businesses and what they will and will not spend money on

Luckyrare
13-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I would much rather buy a 360 & Wii for the same price. Much much better game play

Jamexy
13-01-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm trying to fix it.

If you left people have there own ideas without you having the need to comment on them, then we might get somewhere. Everyone has a different fave console, and I accept the fact that they do. It's like I understand why people buy the xbox360, Wii and the ps3 but everyone hates all the hassle with why a consoles great and the annoying geeks who have to try and make everyone a follwer of the console that they have. Console wars are like turning into religions...

I'm sorry if I seemed if I was coming off a little strong, but I totally understand why you say the ps3 is better, it's just no-one actually knows what will be the winner in the end considering the wiis been out a month, the xbox a year, and the ps3 not even out in the Uk.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!