PDA

View Full Version : The Human General Store!

DJ-Vimto
14-01-2007, 06:20 PM
some of you may have seen this in the websites section, but as its related to runescape i thought i would post here :)

basically, i am making a website whereby people can buy stuff from me, and i buy stuff from them, working in exactly the same way as the in-game general stores, except with my site, the prices are fixed and dont go down when selling bulk items.

the only time the prices on the site will change is if i personally edit them.

and before anyone says it, i know its made using a free hosting site, but that is only untill i get some kind of idea as to how popular it is, not much point in paying good money for a domain & hosting if its not going to be popular.

its not fully finished yet, still getting the majority of the pages made, but it is available to view and open to the public

www.freewebs.com/cahillsrsshop

please post your comments, feedback, suggestions etc. please try to refrain from posting if all you are gonna do is put me down. its taken a lot of work to get the materials required to at least make a start with some of the lower level items.

The Professor
14-01-2007, 06:31 PM
please post your comments, feedback, suggestions etc. please try to refrain from posting if all you are gonna do is put me down. its taken a lot of work to get the materials required to at least make a start with some of the lower level items.

If you cant take criticism dont ask for comments.

There is a mistake on the armour/weapons page, it says you have 55,000 warrior helms and are buying at 60k each, when im sure those figures should be one place to the right ;)

I also recommend getting a .tk address, a lot quicker to type.

Aside from that, its a nice idea. Good luck with it

TheGayOne
14-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Very good idea, id of waited till you have bit more stock first, but v good idea =)

DJ-Vimto
14-01-2007, 07:08 PM
There is a mistake on the armour/weapons page, it says you have 55,000 warrior helms and are buying at 60k each, when im sure those figures should be one place to the right ;)

I also recommend getting a .tk address, a lot quicker to type.

Aside from that, its a nice idea. Good luck with it

its a mistake ive made a few times, i'll go back and correct it, it must have been one thats slipped past. mind you, working on it till gone 4am probably didnt do much for my proof reading :P

as for the domain, im getting it sorted out later tonight when i get a spare minute or 2

as for criticisms, criticising my work and the things i make isn't much of a propblem, because those types of criticism can be turned into something positive.

what i hate is when people start putting me down just for being who i am, most of the people that do it dont know a thing about me, but it doesnt stop them doing it, its actually bullying, which im sure the forum management do not tolerate

Very good idea, id of waited till you have bit more stock first, but v good idea =)

ive thought of that already, so far ive already spent 400k, and made & used over 3k assorted bars making what ive currently got. the reason most of whats there says 0 in the quantity column is because ive yet to add in how many of that item i have. im concentrating on getting the pages made first, then i can go through and add in what ive got and what i havent got etc.

Dubble
14-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Nice web if you are selling now ill take the Granite Platebody 110k as you said.
And d med how much for it. It got cut off the price.

DJ-Vimto
14-01-2007, 07:38 PM
sadly i do not have one, but i will do what i can to find one for you :)

and ive also since found out that half the tables get cut off on the right hand side, so now ive got to go throught them all over again, for some reason i cant edit the tables to make them appear smaller, so i'll have to delete them and start again >:(

R
14-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Is it just me or does it take years to load..

Dubble
14-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Just you...

And an you try to get my stuff if you cant dont worry.

Mitch4?
14-01-2007, 08:07 PM
That's a good idea i spose, but it'd only work if you got lots of hits.
Like if you got a good site to sponser you. Otherwise it'll be a waste of time, also try get 99 smithing for all the armour. :]

Ashley 12344
14-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Not a bad idea. Goodluck finishing site.

Middlesbrough
14-01-2007, 08:11 PM
ill sell you two mith spears and 4 mith swords

Dubble
14-01-2007, 08:13 PM
That's a good idea i spose, but it'd only work if you got lots of hits.
Like if you got a good site to sponser you. Otherwise it'll be a waste of time, also try get 99 smithing for all the armour. :]

Yeh you need hits or you wont get many orders. Or if you can pay for google.

DJ-Vimto
14-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Due to unforseen errors, i have had to temporarily close the site to fix a few problems with some of the pages, they didnt come out the way i wanted them to, so ive got to literally redo them all and redesign them -sighs-

as a result, i will not be buying / selling for a day or two, or as long as it takes to get the problems ironed out

Dubble
14-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok when the site is fixed can you buy my items and sell me them =]

DJ-Vimto
15-01-2007, 06:01 PM
The site is back up and running now :)

not all the content that was on it before i closed it is there, i've yet to re-add it. this includes the majority of the weapons/armour page

if in doubt, PM me for more info :)

Royal
15-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Not a bad idea :) + rep.

^.^
15-01-2007, 06:26 PM
add colour to the pages :)

DJ-Vimto
15-01-2007, 06:43 PM
the current theme ive got is only a basic one while i get all the content in, once all that is done i will be looking for a more suitable colour scheme :)

Dubble
15-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I think it needs more pages aswell, Like Herbs , Pots , Fish , Ore , bars etc.

DJ-Vimto
15-01-2007, 06:55 PM
I think it needs more pages aswell, Like Herbs , Pots , Fish , Ore , bars etc.

all that is going to be coming once ive finished making the pages

the pages themselves are made, but as theres nothing on them i havent added them to the nav bar yet

Dubble
15-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Kl if you need help with site like hard parts hire someone to do then pay them like 50k?

And i looked at the site what happend to the Rune armore and dragon? if you can get Dragon Med ill buy.

DJ-Vimto
15-01-2007, 07:05 PM
when sorting out the weapons page i accidentally deleted the entire thing, which means i have to redo all the tables that were on it originally from scratch. theres nothing hard about it really, its just a long and laborous process of writing all the content for the pages.

once ive got it going properly i will probably hire a few people. but that all depends on how popular it gets.

DJ-Vimto
16-01-2007, 07:07 PM
new update:

ive now got a better domain, its nothing fancy like .com or .net but it saves typing :)

the new domain is: www.myruneshop.tk :)

DJ-Vimto
17-01-2007, 11:53 PM
More Updates!

- Weapons / Armour page fully finished and updated with what ive got
- Magic Runecraft & Prayer page also updated with what ive got
- Archery Equipment page added, not fully updated
- Mining, Smithing & Crafting page added - not fully updated.

much more on the way and it will be added soon :eusa_danc:eusa_clap

DJ-Vimto
26-01-2007, 05:14 AM
latest news on the site:

i've come to the decision that it's not going to be as good an idea as i originally though it would, as a result im considering closing for good.

and colin....before you start wetting yourself with excitement this is in no way related to the fact that you decided to report me to freewebs for "copyright infringement" even though i have done no such thing, i've been thinking about it for a week or two now, i just havent got enough time to run it efficiently.

should anyone want to purchase the domain and/or site please PM me.

thankyou to everyone that has showed their support.

deagle
26-01-2007, 07:27 AM
May fortune shine on you in a different path.

DJ-Vimto
26-01-2007, 03:23 PM
i wasnt going to post it, but i though again and decided to do it, below is the email i spoke of in the earlier post.

i can't believe some people can go as low as reporting a site that they copied off in the first place

Reply-To : [email protected]
Sent : 22 January 2007 20:33:09
To : ****************.co.uk (ive removed the first part of the email address)
Subject : Copyright infringement notice [cahillsrsshop]
Dear Freewebs User,

This message is to inform you of a complaint we received about content on your
site.

COMPLAINT: use of content held in copyright without permission of use
colin-roberts.net/shop

Upon receiving such notifications, we notify our users so that any content which
may be in violation can be removed before our invesatigation should you not be
aware of the violations. Your site will be monitored periodically following the
complaint to ensure your site is not in violations.

We recommend that you read information we provide about such violation at
http://members.freewebs.com/page.jsp?page=violations (javascript:ol('http://members.freewebs.com/page.jsp?page=violations');)

We are aware that many false claims are submitted. Should you not have any
content regarding the violation, you may disregard the message. If you should
find your site frozen, violations were found on your site and content must be
removed before we will reactivate your account. You must contact us that you
have taken the proper steps to remove any violations from your site so we can
review your site for potential violations.

Please remove any materials that may be in violation of copyright laws. Your
account may be temporarily frozen should action not be taken.

Best Regards,
Freewebs

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!