PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's xmas success

womanizer
15-01-2007, 02:45 PM
During the xmas period [In the uk] Nintendo managed to sell 200,000 wiis and 500,000 DS' meaning that it was the best selling console of 2006 beating the PSP.

:Hazel
15-01-2007, 02:58 PM
;o good luck to them

Charles
15-01-2007, 04:50 PM
During the xmas period [In the uk] Nintendo managed to sell 200,000 wiis and 500,000 DS' meaning that it was the best selling console of 2006 beating the PSP.

Well deserved, too!

F32
15-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Untrue.

Xbox360 had sold over 1.5million units before the Wii came out.

womanizer
15-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Untrue.

Xbox360 had sold over 1.5million units before the Wii came out.

Xbox was released in 2005. And the best selling console of 2006 is the DS not the wii. It's sold 2.5mill in the UK, America has sold 6.3mill, Japan over 5mill, France 2mill and europe 7mill

^.^
15-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Xbox was released in 2005. And the best selling console of 2006 is the DS not the wii. It's sold 2.5mill in the UK, America has sold 6.3mill, Japan over 5mill, France 2mill and europe 7mill
well everyones out of cash from 2 years ago lol

F32
15-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I hate the people who class handheld's as a console, because they are not as powerful, and have a completely different use.

It's like comparing sales of Toilet Duck, to Warburtons Bread.

Oni
15-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I hate the people who class handheld's as a console, because they are not as powerful, and have a completely different use.

No its not its like comparing a small mcdonalds burger to a large burger king burger it can be done and officially handhelds are consoles so...

Djcafc.
15-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Yer all consoles have very good ratings over Christmas but that is over £10,000,000

F32
15-01-2007, 07:30 PM
No its not its like comparing a small mcdonalds burger to a large burger king burger it can be done and officially handhelds are consoles so...
They both have different purposes, comparing them is just stupidity.

Oni
15-01-2007, 07:47 PM
They both play games ones just portable much like burgers where they both taste the same but ones a snack and ones a full meal.

F32
15-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Exactly.

Full meal is completely different to a single burger.

womanizer
15-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Stop talking about burgers :l

Albion
15-01-2007, 09:32 PM
nice..alot of money ;)

GommeInc
15-01-2007, 09:49 PM
What amazing logic you have? A DS and a Wii are more similar than different. Both play games? A DS is a portable console? I don't think you've thought anything through to back this up...

Exactly.

Full meal is completely different to a single burger.
Yes, and a single burger = DS is a simple, less complex version of a meal = Wii.

They're not completely different at all? A DS is a smaller version of a Wii, like a PSP is a smaller version of a PS2?

F32
15-01-2007, 09:51 PM
But the full meal is always going to win?

Like the console is always going to win?

GommeInc
15-01-2007, 09:53 PM
But the full meal is always going to win?

Like the console is always going to win?
Nope, what if you are only slightly hungry and just want one meal? You get your juicy Nintendo Big Mac out and eat that for a while. You don't have to be a fatty and play with your Nintendo Big Mac meal?

F32
15-01-2007, 09:56 PM
So you can compare different things together?

A handheld, is a smaller version of a sonsole; thus used for handheld play, it's going to have worse graphics, sound etc... and less powerful than a console.

GommeInc
15-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Noooo.... They're the same thing. A console and a hand-held console are obviously the same, you just need to look at their names: Both have console in. A hand-held is for portable game play, which is the point to the hand-held while a console is a more solid, bulky version of a handheld.

Naturally, a handheld doesn't have as good a graphics as a base console.

Neversoft
15-01-2007, 11:34 PM

You don't think handhelds are a console? Do you even know what a console is?

Simmzay
16-01-2007, 06:30 AM
Remember that they make profit with each console sold. Really smart business, end of.

HUGECOOL
16-01-2007, 08:04 AM

Gaming hardware.

Thats the term that correlates the two, and it's what I'm guessing the TS meant. It's not about the specs or what the console does. With your logic, the Wii and the PS3 would both be in different markets because the Wii uses human movement interface as the input method and the PS3 uses a controller as its input method, and both have vast difference in specs. "/

And how would a regular console and handheld console have different uses? Their main purpose is for playing video games, hence the term video game console. o_O

F32
16-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Noooo.... They're the same thing. A console and a hand-held console are obviously the same, you just need to look at their names: Both have console in. A hand-held is for portable game play, which is the point to the hand-held while a console is a more solid, bulky version of a handheld.

Naturally, a handheld doesn't have as good a graphics as a base console.
They both have slightly different uses....

& just because it has 'console' in; doesn't mean the same.

look at:

gun - firing weapon
guns & roses - rock band

GommeInc
16-01-2007, 07:33 PM

look at:

gun - firing weapon
guns & roses - rock band
What on earth are you on about? Guns and Roses are a band and a gun is obviously a weapon? But what has that got to do with anything? Your example is irrelevant, because it doesn't match up with a handheld gaming console and a gaming console?

An appropriate example would be this:

Baguette = Food - Similar to a Wii is a console (a large one).
Baton = Smaller baguette = Food - Similar to a DS which is a console (a handheld one).

I don't see what you're problem is? Both play games? But the examples you give are thoughtless and make no sense?

What are these "different uses" which you speak? I would like to see them...

F32
16-01-2007, 07:46 PM
One is used for home gaming, and one is used for handheld gaming, two different uses.

GommeInc
16-01-2007, 07:50 PM
.... Are you being serious? I can see the similar uses just looking at what you said. The word "gaming" is what makes them similar. You are not understanding what you are saying? It's their main purpose which is the important issue, not their other purpose of being handheld or more permanent...

It is like saying a baguette is completely different to a loaf of bread because one is long and one is a block...

hobo
16-01-2007, 07:52 PM

um no?
their use is to provide people with entertainment?

F32
16-01-2007, 08:03 PM
um no?
their use is to provide people with entertainment?
So a prostitute and a xbox360 are the same thing?

dirrty
16-01-2007, 08:04 PM
So a prostitute and a xbox360 are the same thing?
yes they r

GommeInc
16-01-2007, 08:04 PM
No... Xbox 360 is for personal entertainment while a prostitute is for sexual enjoyment.

Next silly comment please :rolleyes:

F32
16-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Both are used for entertaining,

This is going off-topic.

I make a post, and you rebel and rebel.

Okie dokie, +rep.

GommeInc
16-01-2007, 09:00 PM
So do you agree that a handheld console and a regular base console are both, roughly, the same thing because they are both entertaining people in the same way?

Neversoft
16-01-2007, 09:18 PM

look at:

gun - firing weapon
guns & roses - rock band

Guns N' Roses has nothing to do with guns, they named the gun part after Tracii Guns and the Roses bit after Axl Rose.

A handheld IS a console. Otherwise it wouldn't be called a handheld console. :rolleyes_

F32
16-01-2007, 09:54 PM
They are the same thing yes; one is portable though - which is what makes it slightly different and hard to compare.

Some people that are serious gamers, and can afford a machine to stay at home, will get the Console.

Some people who use gaming not so much, or need it on travels&holidays and such, or they cannot afford the full on console, will get the handheld.

Because many people want the handheld console, and not so many wanted the system, it makes it harder to actually get the jist of which is better selling.

GommeInc
16-01-2007, 09:59 PM
They are the same thing yes; one is portable though - which is what makes it slightly different and hard to compare.

Some people that are serious gamers, and can afford a machine to stay at home, will get the Console.

Some people who use gaming not so much, or need it on travels&holidays and such, or they cannot afford the full on console, will get the handheld.

Because many people want the handheld console, and not so many wanted the system, it makes it harder to actually get the jist of which is better selling.
I think I see what you are talking about. Although personally, I think serious gamers would get both a handheld and a base console, because if they are serius, they would want to play different games. I know someone who is very serious about games at college, she sits and plays on her DS alot and loves Animal Crossing etc. She wants to get a Wii which I believe she will do in the near future.

I think saying people who don't use gaming much will get a handheld is a bit odd really, it doesn't really justify itself. A Wii is not a full version of a DS, a handheld does not mean "lesser console." A DS is an on the go console (due to the name), but you can play it at home at your own leisure. You don't have to play it outside when travelling you do realise?

The DS is easier to make and because it is portable, you find that many more people will buy it rather than a Wii, which is obviously harder to build and not portable.

Oni
16-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Are camera phones [like the cybershot] compared to normal mobiles, yes even though ones for people taking lots of pictures and ones not because at the core they are the same.

F32
16-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Are camera phones [like the cybershot] compared to normal mobiles, yes even though ones for people taking lots of pictures and ones not because at the core they are the same.
They are different because they both have different uses...

@Gomme: You only ever see her at College? If so, that is probably why; because the DS is portable, therefore she cannot play Wii or Xbox in College.

They are both, used for the same purpose... gaming, but both have slightly different variations of exploring gaming.

For example, you can't really have a touch screen on a system...

I see where you've been coming from, because they are, both, technically consoles but for different purposes.

GommeInc
16-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Not completely different purposes. The DS can do both (portable and home gaming) while a Wii can only do one (home gaming). My example was, she is a hardcore gamer or "serious" gamer, but she doesn't own a Wii yet, which you said would make her a serious gamer.

Simmzay
16-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Console: the control unit of a mechanical, electrical, or electronic system
DS + Wii: Both specialize in playing games

They're both gaming consoles.

End of. The portability means nothing, except it's power use is completely different. The technical specs of differing consoles does not derive a particular console further from its own categorization, or genre.

shank
16-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Warburtons ftw.

On topic; Gratz to them..

Whats this got to do with "Console games".

Sony.Com
17-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Does it matter about 06's best selling?
Lets move to all time.

PS2, best selling system of all time.
Over 105 MILLION units sold:)

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2

HUGECOOL
17-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Does it matter about 06's best selling?
Lets move to all time.

PS2, best selling system of all time.
Over 105 MILLION units sold:)

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2
ACtually, it matters more than PS2 sales. Because the Wii and PS3 are brand new consoles, developers will want to develop games for the console which brings in the most money. Since PS3 is not selling as it was thought it would, developers are slowly moving away from PS3 and concentrating more on 360 and Wii video games.

Demynx
20-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Holy Shazbot, THE MADNESS! Anyway, PS3 sales has gone down, badly like almost 50% down, anyways selling 88,000 November 11, 12 and 2 days later it sold 45,000 for a week, OUCH! Also only about 1.5 games were sold with the PS3 with the Nintendo Wii being sold with 3 games, Nintendo might rise to be the Ultimate Console this generation, even with free internet, can it strive to be the best, without the best graphics, My Opnion: Hell Yes.

T0M
20-01-2007, 02:23 AM
go wii go ur doing well

Andeeh
20-01-2007, 11:02 PM
;)

Is Playstation Losing Its Touch ?

Ps3 Released Soon :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!