PDA

View Full Version : Stop Quick Trade Scamming Idea.

Toughened
16-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Now, I know your all thinking if you get quick trade scammed, it was your fault for ticking to fast anyway but here is a way to PREVENT quick trade scammer. Post your comments and if you think it would or wouldn't work. Anyway...
When you trade someone, instead of being able to just tick the little accept box, you attempt to tick it then a popup comes up saying 'Warning: If you click this box it will stay ticked for 5 seconds' then they definitely know that they want to accept the trade then. I know your probably thinking the pop up would get annoying, but it would just be like the one when your giving away your furni and I think everyone had got used to that. Anyway post your ideas, Thanks :)

Seagy
17-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I like that couse i got scammed many times by quik traders!

Toughened
17-01-2007, 04:25 PM
I like that couse i got scammed many times by quik traders!
Thanks and unlucky :(

Open:Mind
17-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd say..Very good plan.
Scammers should be Stopped. They are Too low for the Society on Habbo.
All I could think of is Making EVERYONE aware that there are Scammers, and You Shouldn't trade Them.

CrabRacket
17-01-2007, 04:32 PM
If someone trades you in a trade room and:
1) puts in a throne for your HC and ticks but quickly cancels it
2) retrades and puts in a rug
Its very common and is an easy way of getting scammed

Always wait for 5 seconds or longer to check the trade and what they have offered. Also make sure you keep your cursor over the cancel button to avoid accidental clicking.

Wo0p!
17-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree with Open:Mind

Scammers should be stopped. Theres too many of them.

Toughened
17-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I know but its an idea to prevent it because there will always be scammers. Thanks for the comments people.

letisix
17-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Good idea send it to habbo :)

Djcafc.
17-01-2007, 08:03 PM
thats a good idea well done

Toughened
17-01-2007, 08:08 PM
thats a good idea well done

bertybottom
19-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I Dont Get It

Lost-Shark
19-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I Posted an idea to Sulake. They said they will consider it. My version was have a trading box like Runescape. But you can't take thngs out. BUT you can double check! That way quicktickers will be reduced by 90% Roughly

Toughened
20-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I Posted an idea to Sulake. They said they will consider it. My version was have a trading box like Runescape. But you can't take thngs out. BUT you can double check! That way quicktickers will be reduced by 90% Roughly

Kind of like my idea then :)

Jordie
20-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I Dont Get It

Are You Totally Stupid, Hes Put His Thoughts Clear Enough, Thats A Great Idea, Lets Try And Prevent These Scammers + Rep :)

Toughened
21-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Are You Totally Stupid, Hes Put His Thoughts Clear Enough, Thats A Great Idea, Lets Try And Prevent These Scammers + Rep :)

Hehe I tried to explain it the best I could and the majority of people got it so I must of explained well then :P Thanks for the comment and the rep too :)

Djcafc.
21-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Its good but i could still see it happening somehow there is always a way

Toughened
21-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Its good but i could still see it happening somehow there is always a way
I guess but it's just an idea.

I've now made a new thread with screenies to explain it better so please do not post in this thread anymore and post in the new one.
Many thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!