PDA

View Full Version : Online game

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Ok this is serious I need skilled programmers.. if it takes off theres a lil' pay, basically.. I want to make a Text RPG, I'm quite a good programmer but the scale of the job is too big for me alone.. you need to have some backround in PHP, graphic designers too.
Its a big thing, first we'd start on a very good shared hosting, if more is needed i'll buy a dedi, mainly i need PHP & HTML Programmers a bit of extras would be nice eg JS for ads etc.. The game will be a sorta fantasy game..
Like you can buy new moves.. customize your creature, and get stats better play other people online etc..
IMPORTANT IF YOUR JUST GOING TO POST SAYING 'NOOB!' THEN DONT BOTHER POST IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA AND WANT IN OR ARE GIVING HELP 'NOTE' GIVING HELP DOESN'T MEAN DISS IT AND SAY EVERYTHING THAT WON'T WORK! THX ALL...
Caps so u actually read it ;)

F32
17-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Is there any sort of pay, I mean PAY, as in £6.00+ an hour for this?

alexxxxx
17-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I think it'd be more worth your while by learning the languages needed yourself.

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 09:57 PM
If you read the post, i know the languages i need, just i can't write that much code in so many months. and my god Adam! your looking at double my jobs pay, of course not im making a volunteering online game it'll make a few bob all people working on it will get 40% of each membership

jarhead!
17-01-2007, 09:58 PM
ha,

welll
im a good programmer im currently indev my own program.. i know it sounds noobish but its getting there:P

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Remember it will be quite a big job but once it's done, it'll be a lot easier,
obvs you'll all me moderaters and nothing but housekeeping will be needed.. apart from a few updates security things etc..

jarhead!
17-01-2007, 10:02 PM
well i never looked at the other thread

so
pm me and feel me in

F32
17-01-2007, 10:02 PM
To make NeoPets, which is essentially what you are doing, you don't just need PHP coders, you need to know your way around MySQL & PHPmyadmin and I mean, know it well.

I suppose, all I can say is good luck.

Kanker.
17-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Dont forget Flash, NeoPets have games in flash and scores to work NeoPoints out to be added to your account auto.. [; :rolleyes:

F32
17-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Dont forget Flash, NeoPets have games in flash and scores to work NeoPoints out to be added to your account auto.. [; :rolleyes:
Oh yeh, and wait; NeoPets actually are a business, not a teen.

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:08 PM
iut'll have a few games but more revolved around fights and stuff also adam, MySQL Is litterally partners with phpmyAdmin, but if you know your way around you'd be an extreme asset, im not to familiar with them, but i can do basic stuff add cells retrieve run querys etc..

Kanker.
17-01-2007, 10:09 PM
iut'll have a few games but more revolved around fights and stuff also adam, MySQL Is litterally partners with phpmyAdmin, but if you know your way around you'd be an extreme asset, im not to familiar with them, but i can do basic stuff add cells retrieve run querys etc..
I lol'd at you for asking help from Adam. I mean are you brain dead. He just slated you and you ask for help.

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:10 PM
im not trying to rip neopets so stop saying what i need to do to make it like neopets it'll have a few games where you can get high scores and at the end of each month they'll be added to your MS (Member Score) ;)

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I understand but i wouldn't say slated or flamed...

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post, thanks :).

Kanker.
17-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Then you obv dont know Adam. lolol.

oh & dont double post -Rep

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:13 PM
dude thats low i quick replied and saw yours so re-quick replied -rep for that.. ;l no i dont know adam too..
hundredth post woot!

Kanker.
17-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh geez. You totaly dont get me, Cant follow the rules, act like 10. You'll fail.

Hope you lose money too. :]

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Ok,
1. Sorry for breaking rules, my apology
2. Seriously didn't you read the bold text, if all your here to do is flame me then don't post, that really is 10 year old talk.
3. I get free hosting my uncles works for a company with dedi
4. LOL! Bottom of your sig 'My****z' You use my space? 'I lose money' HAHAHAHA! you can't even afford a website and your hoping i lose money, id think the same of you, but in your position the only way is up

Oni
17-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I do know one or two people who have succeded in this so.....

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:18 PM
FlashDesigner is that a pointless post, or are you gonna try programming with me or graphics or whats the deal?

Oni
17-01-2007, 10:25 PM
FlashDesigner is that a pointless post, or are you gonna try programming with me or graphics or whats the deal?
I was saying to adam i no people who have succeded in this so its not impossible.

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Do you have any knowledge of flash, php, js, or html

Kanker.
17-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Ok,
2. Seriously didn't you read the bold text, if all your here to do is flame me then don't post, that really is 10 year old talk.
4. LOL! Bottom of your sig 'My****z' You use my space? 'I lose money' HAHAHAHA! you can't even afford a website and your hoping i lose money, id think the same of you, but in your position the only way is up

1. Lol k
2. So.? I can post
3. And?
4. So its Myspace? Who said i cant afford a website. Its MYSPACE LOL. ITs a chat place yer. ITs just like me saying "Im A Member Of Habboxforum" :rolleyes:

ScottDiamond
17-01-2007, 10:32 PM
What would it be? MMOCC? MMORPG?

IMPORTANT IF YOUR JUST GOING TO POST SAYING 'NOOB!' THEN DONT BOTHER POST IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA AND WANT IN OR ARE GIVING HELP 'NOTE' GIVING HELP DOESN'T MEAN DISS IT AND SAY EVERYTHING THAT WON'T WORK! THX ALL...
Caps so u actually read it ;)

That won't get you far. Firstly, notice it's easier to read if it isn't in "Caps"?

CAN YOU READ THIS BETTER THAN YOU CAN READ THE OTHER TEXT I PUT UP THERE? IF NOT, I WAS ASKING IF IT WAS AN MMOCC OR AN MMORPG. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS BETTER? WOW LADY, YOUR EYES MOVE FAST.

THANK YOU.

SCOTT THOMAS DIAMOND.

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Right man. the only reason i said that is cuz you completely flamed me.

Kanker.
17-01-2007, 10:34 PM
W.e as i said waste of money, time, effort not that u got any of that. ;]

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:35 PM
LOLLLZ That post has a good point well done. sorry just thought might grab attention i was saying it would be both really it won't be like you actually walk etc.. but you click somewhere it says you walk mroe of a text mmorpg

ScottDiamond
17-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Ok,

Sorry luv, but you're slágging his signature? You totally contradict yourself in your own. You speek with good grammar? Pfft.

Any Moderator who wants to infract me for double posting, go ahead. I don't really care.

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:37 PM
The only reason i was flaming his sig, was because he was saying 'I hope you lose all your money' so my first thought was find someway to make him look like a hipocrit

ScottDiamond
17-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Here is more of your bad grammar.

ScottDiamond
17-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Before I get "*******" for not having a double post when I thought it would be, this is one.

Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the Forum filter, thanks :).

Hypertext
17-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh FGS, it's a forum not an english lesson, it's not exactly 'Formal.', if it was I'd write in perfect format, language, and grammar.

F32
18-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I do know one or two people who have succeded in this so.....
Yes, they probably knew the required languages and probably had some sort of a 'business plan'.

This dude doesn't even know whether he's coming or going.

JamesRouale
18-01-2007, 05:22 PM
If you had posted a document containing your proposal I may have considered posting with a lil' faith. However clearly have no experience in this market.

Did you know that an average designer would charge around 8 pounds an hour?

Did you know 1/10 projects succeed without critical planning?

Did you know that posting you 'proposal' without any COMMON yes COMMON sense. Well clearly you are a young wanna' be Sulake.

Rather pathetic.

Kanker.
18-01-2007, 05:55 PM
The only reason i was flaming his sig, was because he was saying 'I hope you lose all your money' so my first thought was find someway to make him look like a hipocrit

I lol'd at that. How can you "flame a sig" ? :rolleyes:

Sam
18-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I hope you realise that you wont find coders without any money :)

I mean, i work for an MMORPG .. But the 'founder' actually has money to pay his staff >.>

Anyway, Good luck.

Recursion
18-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Edited into 'real' English (???) by Tom - Oh for God's sake, it's a forum not an English lesson. It's not exactly 'Formal'. If it was, i'd write in perfect format, language and grammar.

Edited into real English (I think?) for you my good friend (sarcasm alert!)

+ You will fail and loose money miserably.

Seduced
18-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I'll do some graphics for a few quid upfront, paypal, as i need it to renew my domain.

and so my graphics dont be used free:)

see me for screenshots.

Hypertext
18-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Answers;
obviously i have no experience in mmorpgs im starting!
im 13 yrs old.
i wouldnt pay unless itd be working etc
and 'wanna be sulake' no im not
Seriously is it that you can't read my original post, if your here to make fun of it etc 'DON't POST' I don't need you, seriously.

Sam
18-01-2007, 11:01 PM
If you dont want people to make fun of you this thread would be dead.

Your 13, do you seriously think you can get a Rpg up and running? Even if you PAID coders i doubt they would like to be hired by a 13 year old.

>.>

Hypertext
19-01-2007, 04:01 PM
its not an rpg its an mmocc

Kanker.
19-01-2007, 04:15 PM
*Sings*
Ya need a life and grow up

good luck m8.

Sam
19-01-2007, 04:16 PM
ROFL

Even worse..

I thought you were making a text based Rpg like.. Darkthrone.com

But you want to make a habbo!

ROFLLOLLMAOPMSL

Keep dreaming

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!