PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Hogwarts Hallway

Browney
20-01-2007, 07:12 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/2ekt9c8.png

Made for that Hogwarts Forum, but I'll let you guys rate and CC.

Roboevil
20-01-2007, 07:44 PM
That's cool, I like the posture you've given him, nothing majorly to improve really, well done. I'd rep but I repped you the other day, I'll try anyway though.

cobrax
20-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Thats Awsome
10/10:eusa_clap

quagmire
20-01-2007, 08:13 PM
very nice, i'd love to see the whole of hogwarts done into an alt, some of the rooms aswell, like the great hall. nice alt though, 10/10 +rep (if i can).

Browney
20-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Thank you very much, especially Robo as i'm an admirer.

Anymore Comments?

quagmire
21-01-2007, 12:55 PM
why does the wall end on the left though? and what's that little white thing on the wall inside the corner?

Yoshimitsui
21-01-2007, 01:00 PM
I like it, very effective. PLus rep :)

Tiuhdur
21-01-2007, 01:17 PM
its good but yes why does the wall end on the right +rep

edit need to spread

quagmire
21-01-2007, 01:37 PM
its good but yes why does the wall end on the right +rep

edit need to spread

on the left*

edit: oh and on the right.

Black_Apalachi
21-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Nice. Glad to see a shaddow added to your lamp. :)

However, can someone tell me what all this Hogwarts business is about? I also have never been to a Hogwarts on Habbo - is it like a "mafia"?

Browney
21-01-2007, 01:45 PM
The wall ends on the right because it would go off the edge into the black?

And admitably, the wall on the left ending is an error. I know when i'm wrong.

The "white patch" is'nt white. It exposes the brick wall with is a similar effect I've used a few times on that alt. But the other times it was on a corner of the wall.

Tiuhdur
21-01-2007, 02:01 PM
i see yes sorry i did mean the left lol

Amir
21-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Luff it.

Would plus rep but got no rep power, sorry xD

Titch
21-01-2007, 10:27 PM
love it + rep

Ekalb
25-01-2007, 06:44 AM
It's not really much of a bump but I think I'll comment on it so I can just let everyone now that the arm/hand/wand that are coming around the corner was originally created by me and was used without my permission.

It's an okay alteration but I'm not a fan of how the room in the left is kind of empty and at the end of the wall I think there should either be a door or you could extend that wall back a bit (The one he is leaning on).
The lamps are another thing that turns me off this alt simply for the fact they are very common. If it's a dorm perhaps add a notice board on the wall or a gryffindor shield or perhaps some nice paintings.
Oh and of course the person needs a shadow.

The arms also look a bit thin, try to add some body to them at the wrist and some shading to show they curve.

Browney
25-01-2007, 07:43 AM
It's not really much of a bump but I think I'll comment on it so I can just let everyone now that the arm/hand/wand that are coming around the corner was originally created by me and was used without my permission.

It's an okay alteration but I'm not a fan of how the room in the left is kind of empty and at the end of the wall I think there should either be a door or you could extend that wall back a bit (The one he is leaning on).
The lamps are another thing that turns me off this alt simply for the fact they are very common. If it's a dorm perhaps add a notice board on the wall or a gryffindor shield or perhaps some nice paintings.
Oh and of course the person needs a shadow.

The arms also look a bit thin, try to add some body to them at the wrist and some shading to show they curve.

About the door comment, i've made a door now and actually making a larger version of this. I've also extended the back wall. Any ideas to improve my lantern? A gryffindor shield never crossed my mind but a painting was an idea. Oh and yeah, I was stupid not to add a shadow. The arms were'nt meant to curve but i'll take your advice because you probably know best.

Glitter
25-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Really good. 10/10 +Rep

Ekalb
25-01-2007, 11:08 AM
About the door comment, i've made a door now and actually making a larger version of this. I've also extended the back wall. Any ideas to improve my lantern? A gryffindor shield never crossed my mind but a painting was an idea. Oh and yeah, I was stupid not to add a shadow. The arms were'nt meant to curve but i'll take your advice because you probably know best.

By the arms curving I meant like, how arms are thick in real life, use some different tones and some shading to show that they actually have a third dimension.
The only thing I could really suggest about the lamps is maybe take away one or two and add some more rustic/classical artwork or decoration to them. Think about how hogwarts is a castle and how gas lanterns would have looked then. Try googling it.
If you were feeling very interested in making this piece perhaps even elite quality (Idea: Make the whole Gryffindor dorm at night time) Perhaps with some parcels sitting on a table, wizard chess board, broom sticks, trophies, medals & awards in antique looking glass cabinets, nice curtains notice boards paintings on the wall with people in them with life-like facial expressions reacting to what's going on or sleeping because it is night time, a few lounges sitting around a table in front of a dyeing fireplace etc. etc.
The idea has a lot of potential and if you continue it I look forward to it.

Blinger1
25-01-2007, 11:18 AM
it might be on the left because it goes a bit like this:

|x|

x is where he is, and it is the end of a hall or something?

Arneuh
25-01-2007, 11:32 AM
NICE! :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!