PDA

View Full Version : Lost City Quest

Neversoft
21-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok, I have a few questions about the Lost City quest.

Is it easy?
Easier than Dragon Slayer?
What will I need to do it?

+rep for help. :)

T0M
21-01-2007, 01:12 PM
If you have an ok fletching and range lvl its easy, if not, not so easy =)
or if you have a mate with high fletching =)

Charles
21-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok, I have a few questions about the Lost City quest.

Is it easy?
Easier than Dragon Slayer?
What will I need to do it?

+rep for help. :)

It's easy.
Easier than D slayer.
All the requirements it says on the quest page. I did it at 40 range I think, and it was easy.

Slash
21-01-2007, 01:29 PM
very easy, i done it with 39 mage i think.
just hide behind one of the several fungi areas.

Neversoft
21-01-2007, 01:31 PM
My range, mage and fletching are at very poor levels. :P Looks like I got some work to do.

MhzT
21-01-2007, 01:35 PM
I did it with 30 range - you can hide behind mushrooms and range at it, so even if you can't kill it fast, you can kill it hitting 2s and 3s.

:)

T0M
21-01-2007, 01:35 PM
if you have a friend with good fletching lvl they can go with you and make the bow for ya, but youll need at least 30 odd range id say

Joahh
21-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Dont range it mage it runes arent classed as weapons on entranna just hide behind the mushrooms it isnt hard.

DarkSound
21-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Dont range it mage it runes arent classed as weapons on entranna just hide behind the mushrooms it isnt hard.

^^^ u only need 17 mage if u take range uve gotta make the arrows and bow inside the place

T0M
21-01-2007, 01:55 PM

This way is so much better, didnt realise runes werent classed as weaps

Chickenblob
21-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Use fire bolt, takes the tree dude down very quickly ;D

Neversoft
21-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Hmm, Fire Bolt is lvl 35, my magic is only lvl 15, I got a long way to go. :p

T0M
21-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Hmm, Fire Bolt is lvl 35, my magic is only lvl 15, I got a long way to go. :p

Use fire strike then, stille take it down quickish

LiveToDie
21-01-2007, 02:13 PM
V. simple.. did it withh earth blast i think?

joshee2203
21-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Let me put this into perspective, i managed it on a lvl 3 with ease :D
All you need is an okish fletch/range level or an ok mage level and some runes and you can mage the spirit :)
when you do it cut lots of branches incase you lose your staff or you need them for quests like rfd later on :)

T0M
21-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Let me put this into perspective, i managed it on a lvl 3 with ease :D
All you need is an okish fletch/range level or an ok mage level and some runes and you can mage the spirit :)
when you do it cut lots of branches incase you lose your staff or you need them for quests like rfd later on :)

On a lvl 3? typo or exageration lol

Scarcely
21-01-2007, 02:56 PM
It is very easy. I did it using meelee.
Just bring alot of food. I used a whole invent of lobbys.
You don't need range or mage.
Kill a zombie untill it drops a bronze wc axe.

348GTS
21-01-2007, 04:00 PM
It is very easy. I did it using meelee.
Just bring alot of food. I used a whole invent of lobbys.
You don't need range or mage.
Kill a zombie untill it drops a bronze wc axe.

It really isnt hard, I've done it 4 times. Your best bet at a low level is to cut the tree, make sure its following you, then quickly run behind mushrooms, which should be south. You'll reconize them when you see them. From there, you can just use any magic spell. If it comes around again, try and lure it behind the tree so you can have some time to eat, then you can lure it back into the same spot.

HybridationX
21-01-2007, 04:32 PM
i did it at lvl 62 on my main very easy the hardest bit is getting past the demon outside the door which well isnt exacly hard in any particualr way i had 17 magic at the time using wind bolt i think? as wind is very effective aginast it according to runehq :P

Neversoft
21-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm lvl 62 and have 17 magic. :P

Just need to get my crafting from 5 - 31 now really. Whats the fatsest way to do that?

HybridationX
21-01-2007, 05:11 PM
well this isnt the fastest way but i say its the best do some quests get to 16 pick/buy flax string it and sell it :P makes you money while getting you ready for lost city

DJ-Vimto
22-01-2007, 01:17 AM
ive done the quest, i had to have a couple of attempts because i messed up while fighting the spirit :eusa_wall

you can take as many runes and arrows as you like onto the island.

but if you want to range it you need to take an UNSTRUNG bow and a bowstring.

you need to take either leather, or other materials to craft armour and make them on the island, i used good old basic leather armour =)

as people have said, cut a fair few branches off, so you have some spares just in case you lose one.

good luck!

Neversoft
22-01-2007, 04:39 PM
well this isnt the fastest way but i say its the best do some quests get to 16 pick/buy flax string it and sell it :P makes you money while getting you ready for lost city

Thanks for telling me! :P I now have 32 crafting and 1K bow strings. :D It was quite fast aswell. :) I got 10 crafting by making leather gloves and boots, then got the rest by making bow strings. :)

ive done the quest, i had to have a couple of attempts because i messed up while fighting the spirit :eusa_wall

you can take as many runes and arrows as you like onto the island.

but if you want to range it you need to take an UNSTRUNG bow and a bowstring.

you need to take either leather, or other materials to craft armour and make them on the island, i used good old basic leather armour =)

as people have said, cut a fair few branches off, so you have some spares just in case you lose one.

good luck!

I could fletch 1K bronze arrows and an unstrung bow in no time, but my range is only lvl 14. So im debating whether to range, mage or melee. :P Can't decide.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll rep you all after I've done the quest. :P

JackBuddy
22-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Chris, you should deffo mage it, I used water strike or something stupid.

Neversoft
22-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Did it using magic, 100 air + 50 chaos runes. :) I used Air Bolt? I just ran behind the mushroom straight away and it didn't even hit me. Easier than I thought it would be. :P

http://i3.tinypic.com/2zyfyab.jpg

Describe
22-01-2007, 10:22 PM
My range, mage and fletching are at very poor levels. :P Looks like I got some work to do.

My mate done this
And he was 35 Range
He hid behind several of the trees and rocks etcc..
He was 35 - 40 Mage and he used both of the skills.

He then gave the account to me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!